How long should I expect to wait for my ticket to get attention?

Users who are viewing this thread

It has gotten me a bit worried though.

My current playthrough is Ironman mode and even though I am not using any mods I am now wary of it dying on me.

Is it possible to revert ironman modes to a normal save style?

I opened a ticket almost 2 weeks ago as my ironman gamesave has become unrecoverable. I literally cant play my save, and its a very long running (3k days) game that I dont want to lose. I have sent an email but there is no movement on my ticket.

Does anyone have experience with this? How long should I expect to wait?
I normally don't even bother with tickets or growing attached to saves. Often we need to dump them and start anew, which's a reality for any game under EA or Beta.
Hope you recover yours, but in the future I'd advise you to avoid attachment and just play lightly until the game get's released (and even after, issues can happen and attachment to things' not a very healthy thing to do neither)
Hmhmh, right... I'll assume you also already removed any mods you used to play with and/or booted the game in the "safe mode".

Have you tried the radical thing of killing your player character and moving on to a new one? If there is no character to appoint the XP dump to perhaps it'll resolve itself. Or max out all the levels of the player character?

But truth be told, it'd be odd that there would be a XP dump in the first place and even weirder that it'd crash your game. Any ideas on what could cause the lag in the first place?

The grain problem is a current issue in 1.8.0 and does cause some lag. If I recall correctly the mod to prevent it only makes sure that lords sell it. But perhaps theres a mod variant out there that deletes it from their inventories?

Have you tried console_executing lords? Perhaps if you execute some lords, they (and their inventories) will vanish from the game and perhaps stop the lag.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer spoke of a feauture in Warband with a backup ironman save. Perhaps @Duh_TaleWorlds knows if there is such a feature as well in Bannerlord?
First I'll comment on the last part of your reply: never play ironman in games that aren't 100% smooth or fully release
Now for why I felt the need to reply: The mod doesn't only do that, it has a console command to clear all parties from excess grain, just use it.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn-batman.gif

Couple things you could try
  • If you didn't use mods and uploaded the dump, please share a dump ID so I can have a look where the crash is happening.
  • You could try to load the save game in various versions using the steam beta system and see if any of them don't crash.
    • Ideally, duplicate the save file first.
  • If it's a game bug, maybe the next version will help as we try to resolve crashes by order of user magnitude (dumps).

I don't think there is such a thing.

It was a community suggestion / request.

Firstly thanks for the great game, I think bannerlord is amazing - even if its missing some depth that ide like.

I already made a ticket here
As I explain in the ticket the game is very lightly modded. In fact only 1 mod that I made where I add an improved copy of a vanilla armour set (because I dont like the top tier battanian warlord armour hope you guys add more celtic vibe stuff for them at max tier, more bronze and tartan!).

As for the save, its totally recovered now. I was able to played for a few more hours and my game is back to normal. Buttery smooth and without issues, so the gamebreaking issue was indeed resolved by moving my party away from the problematic track/area and waiting a little while.

As for everyone telling me not to play ironman, for me its worth the risk - and ive now got around the only gamebreaking issue i ran into. Game is 3k days, so i reckon thats pretty stable eh?

Firstly thanks for the great game, I think bannerlord is amazing - even if its missing some depth that ide like.

I already made a ticket here
As I explain in the ticket the game is very lightly modded. In fact only 1 mod that I made where I add an improved copy of a vanilla armour set (because I dont like the top tier battanian warlord armour hope you guys add more celtic vibe stuff for them at max tier, more bronze and tartan!).

As for the save, its totally recovered now. I was able to played for a few more hours and my game is back to normal. Buttery smooth and without issues, so the gamebreaking issue was indeed resolved by moving my party away from the problematic track/area and waiting a little while.

As for everyone telling me not to play ironman, for me its worth the risk - and ive now got around the only gamebreaking issue i ran into. Game is 3k days, so i reckon thats pretty stable eh?
more power to you, next time I won't cheer for you to recover the save though

Well done! Agreed. Glad it could be resolved, happy gaming.
more power to you, next time I won't cheer for you to recover the save though
Oh come on Djinn, you know we will. We all hate to see someone suffer the loss of a 3K playthrough.

Glad to hear you are having fun and that you were able to resolve the issue with your save game.

IIRC some issues with tracks are being looked into atm (i think they can cause a memory leak or something along those lines). So, ideally, this issue will be resolved in future patches.

Glad to hear you are having fun and that you were able to resolve the issue with your save game.

IIRC some issues with tracks are being looked into atm (i think they can cause a memory leak or something along those lines). So, ideally, this issue will be resolved in future patches.
Will this "future patches" happen before the "final" release?

Back
Top Bottom