how long do you stay mercenary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Caboose

Recruit
after you get contracted to be a mercenary for a faction, how long does it take for the contract to expire. i cant find any info about this anywhere. im sick of not being able to take any land for myself and cant figure out how to escape the employment. i nearly had an epolexy when i took a city and then got a message

"oh hello there, just so you know this is king ragnars place now and theres no way in hell he is going to give this place to you. sucker.  have a nice day!"

got the contract somewher near when i started in the first 20 days or so i guess. up to day 111. have spent almost the entire time just messing around waiting for me to be let go.

90 days huh. i must nearly be at the end then. time to train some fodder knights for the walls then  :smile:

The game will notify you when your merc contract ends and will ask if you wish to renew. Anyone know what happens if you do not decide to renew the contract?

Finch said:
The game will notify you when your merc contract ends and will ask if you wish to renew. Anyone know what happens if you do not decide to renew the contract?

You go back to being a oneman wolfpack :smile:

Thanks Finch, since in both my "careers" so far (one M&B Classic, the other WB) I became a vassal before the end of contract I just never saw that.

BTW, I find it brilliant how they are handling mercenary wages now. In previous M&B, you always had to collect from the King in person, now it's just deducted from the weekly paycheck to your party.

I wish they would reduce the contract time to 30 days. That's about how long it takes for a war to end. During a 90 day contract, you spend the first maybe 20-30 days fighting a war, then the next 60-70 days rolling your thumbs until you cave in and go vassal. I'd like to have one 30 day contract, and then move on to the next war, and the next war, and the next war. Being a mercenary throughout the game isn't viable today due to the long contracts, because for 2/3rds you're just stuck without anything at all to do, and you're losing money every week because the mercenary wage doesn't cover your troop wages.

Or they could change the way it works entirely, and have the nations recruit you as a mercenary for the duration of their wars - then when peacetime comes, you're given severance pay and are let go.

Sovereignity said:
Or they could change the way it works entirely, and have the nations recruit you as a mercenary for the duration of their wars - then when peacetime comes, you're given severance pay and are let go.

I agree with you on that. Especially with the recent improvement to the ransom broker. I make a killing off selling top tier troops of the enemy. $240 for a swadian knight = GG. Otherwise, I have to supplement my income by attacking as many bandits as possible bouncing between tournaments and guild master etc. I think there should be the severance pay, and you should be sent an emissary to recruit you when a war breaks out. Just a thought

90 days, but an easy way to get out is to do become a lord of the faction you are currently a mercenary for.

After becoming a lord, immediately renounce your allegiance. This will cause your relationship to go down with the King of that faction by 20 and I'm sure it'll go down for some lords too...

But hey, at least you are a free man after it.

If you get massively tired of being a mercenary for 90 whole days like me. I noticed that if you provoke a neutral nation by attacking a caravan or village you instantly become free from the contract! However I think the nation you worked for will get upset with you (not declare war tho). This could be useful especially if you wanted to declare war on another kingdom anyways.

If you get massively tired of being a mercenary for 90 whole days like me. I noticed that if you provoke a neutral nation by attacking a caravan or village you instantly become free from the contract! However I think the nation you worked for will get upset with you (not declare war tho). This could be useful especially if you wanted to declare war on another kingdom anyways.
You realize you responded to a ten year old thread?

Great Timing Bro. You Helped Him Just In The Nick Of Time

Back
Top Bottom