How long do hideouts take to despawn? ...they despawn right?

Users who are viewing this thread

They are a player-only interaction so obviously they should be despawning over time since I won't be doing all of them, right? I have one each near a couple of my settlements but it would be too much travelling and a time waste for me to take care of bandits right now as a ruler. Honestly it's silly that my warband of 300 moves around the map and waits until night to deal with those.

They don't, occasionally a party will clear a quest that relates to the hideout and remove it. But other than you that's the only way it will be removed to the best of my knowledge as ai parties cant see them on the map

They are a player-only interaction so obviously they should be despawning over time since I won't be doing all of them, right? I have one each near a couple of my settlements but it would be too much travelling and a time waste for me to take care of bandits right now as a ruler. Honestly it's silly that my warband of 300 moves around the map and waits until night to deal with those.
Sounds like an important job for little sister to do in her party...... maybe..... maybe she'll do it.... if there's a quest for it.... and it's Tuesday. and she rolls a 20.
Yeah you gotta do it yourself big shot.

Agree it is silly that you can't walk in there with your army of 300, and you, the monarch or emperor has to go take on a few bandits by yourself with only a handful of men.

Really, it should be something you could assign to a party - "priority = attack bandits and clear hideouts"

But hey... At least the clock stops so it's not time wasting, and if you take a good glaive or 2h axe, it's no problem to deal to the bandit leader to take home a few nice prisoner/recruits. And it's a damn sight easier than chasing steppe bandits half way across the map.

Agree it is silly that you can't walk in there with your army of 300, and you, the monarch or emperor has to go take on a few bandits by yourself with only a handful of men.

THE PASS IS TOO NARROW! THEY MIGHT RUN AWAY! YOU HAVE TO DO IT STEALTHILY OTHERWISE THEY PACK UP ALL THEIR LOOT AND LEAVE!

Endlessly reproducing bandits being such a universal staple of video games is silly enough, but I don't think I've played a game where they're so resilient in comparison to the rest of the world. Hideout raids in this are so much more boring than warband and inexplicably have to happen at night, so seeing a hideout just makes me groan because it's like 10 minutes of time I'll have to spend running from spawn point to spawn point following my troops who already know where to go.

Hideouts mechanics need more efficient counter-mechanics.
It has a constant impact (bandits attacking caravans and paysants) on the world but only the player can efficiently control it through continuous hideout raids.
Okay in early game.
Annoying in mid game.
NOK in late game.
As already mentioned, player should have more options to clear out those hideouts as a ruler, and AI should be able to clear them more efficiently too.
And also the bandits and looters spawning rate need to take into consideration local wealth and security for more coherence.

Back
Top Bottom