How it works?

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Why don't even the rich and big clans create more than two parties (limit is more than two)? On what basis do they decide?
2. After the death of the lord of the mercenary clan, a new lord comes, but he does not create a new party. He just sits in the city. Why? The clan has a lot of money.
3. Why do lords recruit troops from foreign factions when they have the opportunity to recruit their own?

Are these bugs or is this a deliberate design? Is there anyone who understands these issues?
e1.6.0.

1. Why don't even the rich and big clans create more than two parties (limit is more than two)? On what basis do they decide?
2. After the death of the lord of the mercenary clan, a new lord comes, but he does not create a new party. He just sits in the city. Why? The clan has a lot of money.
3. Why do lords recruit troops from foreign factions when they have the opportunity to recruit their own?

Are these bugs or is this a deliberate design? Is there anyone who understands these issues?
e1.6.0.
1. They do create more than two parties, as long as they have enough tier for it. The limit is three, unlike the player who can get four or (with a certain perk) five.

2. Because once the old guy dies, one of the replacements creates a party and they are limited to 3 of them at once.

3. Because the lords don't care, autocalc doesn't care and even in a live battle there generally isn't a big enough difference in performance to care.

1. They do create more than two parties, as long as they have enough tier for it. The limit is three, unlike the player who can get four or (with a certain perk) five.

2. Because once the old guy dies, one of the replacements creates a party and they are limited to 3 of them at once.

3. Because the lords don't care, autocalc doesn't care and even in a live battle there generally isn't a big enough difference in performance to care.
1. What tier does an AI clan need to create a third parties? In my game, all four tiers clans have two parties.
2. The mercenaries initially have four parties. When someone is killed or dies of old age, a new one appears. But new ones do not create parties. If two are killed, then the new two lords will not create parties (verified). There are no mercenaries with three deaths in my game, but it seems to me that they will have one party.
3. The lord nearby has where to recruit the troops of his faction, but he leaves for another faction. It takes longer to go there and he will hire less because of low relations.

Last edited:
1. What tier does an AI clan need to create a third parties? In my game, all four tiers clans have two parties.
2. The mercenaries initially have four parties. When someone is killed or dies of old age, a new one appears. But new ones do not create parties. If two are killed, then the new two lords will not create parties (verified). There are no mercenaries with three deaths in my game, but it seems to me that they will have one party.
3. The lord nearby has where to recruit the troops of his faction, but he leaves for another faction. It takes longer to go there and he will hire less because of low relations.
1. Tier 3, IIRC. Tier 5 for three AI parties.
2. Then that is a bug.
3. The AI knows ahead of time if there are recruits available in a village, so if he is passing up his own, that means there are none (or only a few) available and plenty at the other village.

Last edited:
1. Tier 3, IIRC.
2. Then that is a bug.
3. The AI knows ahead of time if there are recruits available in a village, so if he is passing up his own, that means there are none (or only a few) available and plenty at the other village.
And that's why we like you,Apocal!

1. Tier 3, IIRC.
2. Then that is a bug.
1. For the player yes, 3 tier. My vassals have 4-5 tiers, but they all have two parties. They have money, free lords have
2. Thanks for the answer, we can create a branch in technical support.
3. It should be so, but I watch the lords and they run past full villages for two recruits of the other faction. Maybe a bug.

Perhaps the problem with the party among the mercenaries and the lords is the same. In both cases, dead lords are present. Perhaps death in battle is not a trigger for the creation of a new party, instead of the deceased.

@Apocal gave you the real answer, but this is just one of the gamey nonsense limits in the game. I don't like it either, I'd like to field as much as I can afford but I'm sure it's "too complicated" to balance the game that way.

Cuz they CHEAT! Yes I get in trouble for saying they cheat, but knowing how many recruits and food and such fiefs have is a cheat! I wish they had to stay in thier own area and just wait or wander village to village with no intel. I hate how when you have a big area everyone comes to you like it's walmart to get recruits and you get nothing in return! I hate everyone has tribal horsemen form going to khuzait land all the time! "Oh but you can recruit from too..." I get like 0-1 guy a village early game because I play on realistic, AI plays on baby mode.

1. For the player yes, 3 tier. My vassals have 4-5 tiers, but they all have two parties. They have money, free lords have
2. Thanks for the answer, we can create a branch in technical support.
3. It should be so, but I watch the lords and they run past full villages for two recruits of the other faction. Maybe a bug.

Perhaps the problem with the party among the mercenaries and the lords is the same. In both cases, dead lords are present. Perhaps death in battle is not a trigger for the creation of a new party, instead of the deceased.
Yeah this is sounding like a bug. I admit I have nit payed much attention to how many parties who has in 1.6.

I have clans with plenty of dead lords who still field 3 parties in my playthrough.
CsL1GAg.jpg

The number of parties a noble clan can field are as follows:
  • Tier 1 and 2 clans can field 1 party.
  • Tier 3 and 4 clans can field 2 parties.
  • Tier 5 and 6 clans can field 3 parties.
The number of parties a minor clan (i.e. mercenary clan) can field are as follows:
  • 1 party per clan tier, up to a maximum of 4 parties (at Tier 4).
Currently, there are only 3 minor clans that start the game at < Tier 4, so the above rule will only come into play for those clans. All others should field 4 parties under normal circumstances.

The leadership perk Talent Magnet will also allow any clan whose leader has the perk field an extra party, but it doesn't appear that any npcs in the game have anywhere near enough leadership to have that perk unlocked in a normal game.

Yes, this is bugged. I went ahead and made a bug report for it.

The number of parties a noble clan can field are as follows:
  • Tier 1 and 2 clans can field 1 party.
  • Tier 3 and 4 clans can field 2 parties.
  • Tier 5 and 6 clans can field 3 parties.
The number of parties a minor clan (i.e. mercenary clan) can field are as follows:
  • 1 party per clan tier, up to a maximum of 4 parties (at Tier 4).
Currently, there are only 3 minor clans that start the game at < Tier 4, so the above rule will only come into play for those clans. All others should field 4 parties under normal circumstances.

The leadership perk Talent Magnet will also allow any clan whose leader has the perk field an extra party, but it doesn't appear that any npcs in the game have anywhere near enough leadership to have that perk unlocked in a normal game.

Yes, this is bugged. I went ahead and made a bug report for it.
Yes Yes Yes. At 5 tier, my lord immediately created a third party. Thanks for the bug report. Without knowledge of the code, it would be more difficult for me to describe this problem

Back
Top Bottom