How is the factions unique identity development going?

Users who are viewing this thread

When the game was launched the races were totally flavorless. Culture wise, text options wise, lingo/speech wise, battle wise etc. Were there any efforts towards that direction?

They are still copies of each other as far as I know.

It is not like a specific lord is honored so they raid less, or a ruler is peaceful that favors peace time over wartime.

Haven't noticed anything for battles either.

For dialogue, I believe recently they added that npcs now recognize the player if he is the ruler, but other than that, there are extremely low amount of dialogue options compared to Warband that it is not worth spending time into experiencing them before full release.

Troop wise it varies a lot with different factions focusing on different areas.
Armor and weapon wise it varies depending on the culture of your troops.
Architecture and clothing changes depending on the culture of the settlement you're in.
Cultures have unique benefits that while I'm not 100% certain affects the lords. It at least affects the player.

This is as much if not more detailed than what Warband had to create "Unique cultures".

They are still copies of each other as far as I know.

It is not like a specific lord is honored so they raid less, or a ruler is peaceful that favors peace time over wartime.

Haven't noticed anything for battles either.

For dialogue, I believe recently they added that npcs now recognize the player if he is the ruler, but other than that, there are extremely low amount of dialogue options compared to Warband that it is not worth spending time into experiencing them before full release.

Personalities are right now primarily opinion modifiers whilst battle tactics are basically the AI lords copying/trying to counter the player with the best course of action. AI aggresiveness/peacefullness appears to be another type of value, so personality has nothing to do with it (Seemingly).

Dialogue options are something that's limited right now, I'll totally agree with you. But saying that factions are just "Copies of eachother faction" is just plain wrong.

Back
Top Bottom