How is everyone's morale these days?

Users who are viewing this thread

A lot of effort from developers is going into this game and it means a lot to us to see you enjoy Bannerlord. The lack of communication since the start of January is my fault as I was on vacation, I am back now though so let's get it going again.
Hope you had a nice vacation, Dejan. It seems like your (you personally I mean) focus as a community manager is on the modding side, which is nice to have, but could you please explain why we've had mostly radio silence in the multiplayer department from the entire dev team? The latest "Plans for MP" thread is nearing its 1 year anniversary, and while there have been those balance patches, TW has never communicated what multiplayer will look like when it's done. Could you please shed some light on what those plans are, or why TW is not communicating their plans?

Holy ****, we can all understand that you do not like this game.
Don't give a damn about you, homeboy, you're not developing the game. Although at this point it's naive to assume that developers aren't aware of the forums' discontentment, it's just a question of making them care. So anyway I bought this homemade PE4 kit...

If you can´t answer this then post at least more cute deer pictures.
IMG_1280.JPGIMG_1228.jpgIMG_1215.jpg
But hey, you're not the only CM here are you?
I focus on getting information to you guys here on our forum and on making sure your feedback reaches the developers, if you have any questions, hit me up.
I am glad to hear from you and to know that you are taking care of yourself :smile:
Hey thank you, appreciate it.
Hope you had a nice vacation, Dejan. It seems like your (you personally I mean) focus as a community manager is on the modding side, which is nice to have, but could you please explain why we've had mostly radio silence in the multiplayer department from the entire dev team? The latest "Plans for MP" thread is nearing its 1 year anniversary, and while there have been those balance patches, TW has never communicated what multiplayer will look like when it's done. Could you please shed some light on what those plans are, or why TW is not communicating their plans?
It was great yeah, thanks. It might seem like I am focusing more on the modding side but trust me that feedback on SP and MP gets to the developers just as much as the modding one does. But yes, I am active both on the modding discord and in the forum modding feedback section as you're well aware. In regards to multiplayer, the "Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5" has indeed been posted a while ago but that combined with our "Future plans" post should give you an accurate idea of what we're working on and what you can expect to come in the next patches. Many of the "features to come" listed there have already been sent and are available on the live branch but the ones that aren't such as ranked matchmaking, a new single life game mode,... - we're working on getting these to you.

In regards to multiplayer, the "Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5" has indeed been posted a while ago but that combined with our "Future plans" post should give you an accurate idea of what we're working on and what you can expect to come in the next patches.
Right, those tell something of what the next patches will be focused on. My main question here is: are those the complete plans for multiplayer?
Because right now, the future plans lists the following things that aren't implemented yet:
  • Ranked matchmaking
  • Spectator mode
  • Voice chat
  • An MVP system
  • Changes to several mechanics like flag capturing, score calculation, the scoreboard, perks, etc
  • Single life mode
  • General improvement
However, if those are the only future features multiplayer will have, we are left without mod support, without custom dedicated servers, without a healthy base for a competitive scene, without most of the features that ensure Warband's MP lives on today.

I know you have made plans for some of these additional features, so I know there is more to TW's plans for MP. After all, @NIN3 commented on this a few days ago:
3IlKZaN.png

So can you please share with us a broad idea of what multiplayer will look like at Bannerlord's full release, and once all your plans are implemented? NIN3's comment proves there is a difference between those two things, and the MP modding community (and the hard core of MP players) are desperate to know what they can expect of Bannerlord's MP. Because the current state of MP is somehow even worse than when it launched, and that was already extremely far from what it needed to be.

Thanks, now I´m calm again even without any updates :wink: .
Stay blunt man!

giphy.gif

You've already been taken in by the cute deers and the semantic dances... don't you see that they are nothing more than countermeasures in a desperate attempt to buy time until the next revolt :iamamoron: :lol: .

Don't be fooled and demand real information! In the eyes of many, you are our Paladin, our defender of the citadel. Remain blunt :iamamoron: .

You know I appreciate you Dejan but this radio silence has to stop, what the **** is going on in there mate? I won't tell you that if you can't answer, put more pictures of deer; but rather provide a solution asap ? :lol: in SP and in MP section is vital.

Stay blunt man!

giphy.gif

You've already been taken in by the cute deers and the semantic dances... don't you see that they are nothing more than countermeasures in a desperate attempt to buy time until the next revolt :iamamoron: :lol: .

Don't be fooled and demand real information! In the eyes of many, you are our Paladin, our defender of the citadel. Remain blunt :iamamoron: .

You know I appreciate you Dejan but this radio silence has to stop, what the **** is going on in there mate? I won't tell you that if you can't answer, put more pictures of deer; but rather provide a solution asap ? :lol: in SP and in MP section is vital.
+1. MostBlunted, stay fresh men.

Same sentiment to Dejan.

A lot of effort from developers is going into this game and it means a lot to us to see you enjoy Bannerlord. The lack of communication since the start of January is my fault as I was on vacation, I am back now though so let's get it going again.

Yeah good to have you back.

I'm feeling more hopeful. I do think that some of the items on the list that Five Bucks made should be addressed - I don't always agree with all of his suggestions, weapons balance on polearms being one, but I think it's a good baseline for what issues the community feels are problematic.

Just wondering, is it also because the developers are in "crunch" mode as the game nears its release?

Hi folks!
I miss you people and i just wanted to check on how you are faring these days? I hope this new update has given you a renewed faith in this -masterpiece (hopefully ?)- and that you are enjoying the game a little bit more.
Anyways, it is just a friendly checkup so i will keep it nice and short.

I wish you all a better year then it is predecessors and the strength to go through your difficult times.
Cheers!
i happen to play game after new year. got me over 50 hour playtime in two weaks.i loved the game so far ,even now i want to play it but some of strange mechanics and weird stuff got me pissed and uninstalled game . afrer couple of days my anger gone and wanted to come forums and make suggestions and saw your topic . some of you can explain to me why i cant use my infulience while sieging castle . my army left me right before last catapult shot and i coulnt do anything. just left there with my 150 man with castle all wall broken.it was last annoying thing games weird logic that got me mad and unistall it.i can use infulience point accros the map but not with guys sits right beside me ,weird

Some things just don´t change.

One of them is that TW will never tell us what to expect with the next update or when to expect the next update. Best they can do is "not this week" (usually late in the week). It´s not Dejans fault, he can only say us what TW allows him to say, and it seems like that it´s "nothing" at all, like usual.

It´s a one way communication style, Dejan does tell TW what we want. TW ignores it as always. That´s TW understanding of...just see my signature...

i happen to play game after new year. got me over 50 hour playtime in two weaks.i loved the game so far ,even now i want to play it but some of strange mechanics and weird stuff got me pissed and uninstalled game . afrer couple of days my anger gone and wanted to come forums and make suggestions and saw your topic . some of you can explain to me why i cant use my infulience while sieging castle . my army left me right before last catapult shot and i coulnt do anything. just left there with my 150 man with castle all wall broken.it was last annoying thing games weird logic that got me mad and unistall it.i can use infulience point accros the map but not with guys sits right beside me ,weird
This is a bug and should be fixed in the next hotfix patch.

Same old, same old. And people are still very happy with the most minor of improvements to a lackluster development cycle. I'll bother with this game a year or two after modding hits its stride, if it even does.

my morale disappeared completely on early 2021. Now I just check the forums, read change notes, but mostly read negative reactions (rants, reviews, desperate suggestions) and I stick to what I concluded on 2020 after a few months of the beta: "Game isn't going anywhere."
The worst part was seeing the tweaking and baffling balancing to make the BETA better when core features were clearly missing (basically useless legwork, changes that will only need to be changed again and again and again) when the best would be for them to adopt instances like Star Vault with MO2 and just make the game faster and easier so that it could be properly tested. Instead they've created more demanding time-sinks under the guise of "balance" which to me screams problem.

Now, recent feedback shows me that mostly nothing changed besides basic bug-fixing. Feature-wise the game's still a puddle, and we're back to relying solely on mods to do 90% of the job, not good, somewhat not even bearable considering Warband's still a far superior game overall, yet burnt to hell and back for most of us with no escape due to engine limitations (mods for WB are VERY limited in what they can and cannot do). The only thing I liked more in BL was the base combat, yet it lacks too many integrations, not even sure if the perks work yet, or if they are at all relevant or even fun. Last memory 99% wouldn't do anything, and the rest had at least 50% that were pretty boring.

I'll just stick to soldiering the occasional forums drop-by's and wait, my prediction remains the same: At least 2025 for the game to be okay, and even than it might be "bad-okay" without mods. Honestly the only thing I miss is the combat, but I know it gets boring quite fast, good solution would be to dive into MP, yet MP is the worst part of the game rn.

Some things just don´t change.

One of them is that TW will never tell us what to expect with the next update or when to expect the next update. Best they can do is "not this week" (usually late in the week). It´s not Dejans fault, he can only say us what TW allows him to say, and it seems like that it´s "nothing" at all, like usual.

It´s a one way communication style, Dejan does tell TW what we want. TW ignores it as always. That´s TW understanding of...just see my signature...
Yea that's because they don't even know what to expect in the next patch!!! Just depends which one will work and which will not, lol

@Op Same same, not good, not bad, just straight :smile:

@Dejan WB! About the Future Plans part: I recently read an interview with J. K. Rowling, the author of Harry Potter books, about how she came up with the idea and how she imagine the world of Harry Potter. Even though I dont like Harry Potter, It was really interesting fascinating stuff. I would really love to read something from Mrs. or Mr. Yavuz (Im aware of the 10min youtubes) where they talk about how they came up with the idea that became M&B and, if they are the source of Bannerlord vision, how they imagine Bannerlord to be, especially MP. M&B is my Harry Potter, I just think it would be a really good read :smile:

Last edited:
Because right now, the future plans lists the following things that aren't implemented yet:
  • Ranked matchmaking
  • Spectator mode
  • Voice chat
  • An MVP system
  • Changes to several mechanics like flag capturing, score calculation, the scoreboard, perks, etc
  • Single life mode
  • General improvement
However, if those are the only future features multiplayer will have, we are left without mod support, without custom dedicated servers, without a healthy base for a competitive scene, without most of the features that ensure Warband's MP lives on today.
In regards to this list, the MVP system was already added and the mechanics like flag capturing, score calculation,... were already revised.

We will be releasing custom server files as noted in the "Future plans" post - which will allow you to set up your own game servers. I know you're mainly interested in when you'll be able to mod MP but it is highly unlikely that we'll be releasing modding support for MP at the same time as we'll be releasing custom server files. We would like to ensure the stability of our custom servers first before releasing modding support for MP, but that too is coming.
@Dejan WB! About the Future Plans part: I recently read an interview with J. K. Rowling, the author of Harry Potter books, about how she came up with the idea and how she imagine the world of Harry Potter. Even though I dont like Harry Potter, It was really interesting fascinating stuff. I would really love to read something from Mrs. or Mr. Yavuz (Im aware of the 10min youtubes) where they talk about how they came up with the idea that became M&B and, if they are the source of Bannerlord vision, how they imagine Bannerlord to be, especially MP. M&B is my Harry Potter, I just think it would be a really good read :smile:
Heh okay, we'll keep it in mind but don't hold your breath.

Hi @Dejan , welcome back.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get information on which of the long-standing gameplay problems are in Taleworlds' current development priorities.

For example, is armor being worked on at the moment?

Out of this list of 40+ long-term gameplay issues that have been with Bannerlord since release one and a half years ago, as far as I'm aware, we only know of 6 that have been mentioned.

Could we please have some information on what is being worked on so we know that Taleworlds is aware of these issues and planning on fixing them at some point™️?

Or if TW has already mentioned they're fixing one of those issues and I missed their statement feel free to correct me as well.

Back
Top Bottom