How is everyone's morale these days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi folks!
I miss you people and i just wanted to check on how you are faring these days? I hope this new update has given you a renewed faith in this -masterpiece (hopefully ?)- and that you are enjoying the game a little bit more.
Anyways, it is just a friendly checkup so i will keep it nice and short.

I wish you all a better year then it is predecessors and the strength to go through your difficult times.
Cheers!

Yea, I even changed Steam review from thumbs down to thumbs up. Its fairly stable now, still barebones, but stable. Modding can finally begin (with less annoyance).

Beside the new troop assignment system that's not optimal, I am enjoying the game so far. So morale is fairly high.
My expectations are really low when it comes to EA and forum involvement. My experience in EA is that it causes a lot of frustration with things being fixed causing other things to break, removing features and replacing them with others, people suggesting things that are never implemented no matter how much they make sense...etc.
In other words, I'm just plodding along...hoping for more content, fixed bugs, improving features...and so forth.

80498917.jpg

1.7.0 was good, then they went back to zero communication as always, introduced a new bug and no real content since then.

The men are wavering.
Classic hahahhaha
A fellow total war enthusiast I see :wink:
80498917.jpg

1.7.0 was good, then they went back to zero communication as always, introduced a new bug and no real content since then.
Yeah they are really lacking in the communication side of things.
Beside the new troop assignment system that's not optimal, I am enjoying the game so far. So morale is fairly high.
My expectations are really low when it comes to EA and forum involvement. My experience in EA is that it causes a lot of frustration with things being fixed causing other things to break, removing features and replacing them with others, people suggesting things that are never implemented no matter how much they make sense...etc.
In other words, I'm just plodding along...hoping for more content, fixed bugs, improving features...and so forth.
I agree it should be optional, maybe it will be soon.

True true. Although, when I play EA games, I usually go with the mentality of helping mold the game by testing it rather then expect it to be a fun experience. If I have fun doing that, then it is a sweet bonus.

Thou art deformed, crooked, old and sere,
Ill-faced, worse bodied, shapeless everywhere;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind;
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
How dare, thee, scurvy rogue! Away, you starvelling, you elf-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish!

A lot of effort from developers is going into this game and it means a lot to us to see you enjoy Bannerlord. The lack of communication since the start of January is my fault as I was on vacation, I am back now though so let's get it going again.

A lot of effort from developers is going into this game and it means a lot to us to see you enjoy Bannerlord. The lack of communication since the start of January is my fault as I was on vacation, I am back now though so let's get it going again.
Good to have you back! Patch 1.7. was indeed very nice.

Why does it feel with each CM post more and more like they're just taking the piss. Oh right, it's because they bypass the dozens of daily complaints and criticisms to instead comment on the odd bimonthly "appreciation post" being all "oh how jolly — the people do love us!". C'est la vie.

How dare, thee, scurvy rogue! Away, you starvelling, you elf-skin, you dried neat’s-tongue, bull’s-pizzle, you stock-fish!
Prithee, be silent, boy; I profit not by thy talk:
thou art thought to be Armagan's male varlet.

Why does it feel with each CM post more and more like they're just taking the piss. Oh right, it's because they bypass the dozens of daily complaints and criticisms to instead comment on the odd bimonthly "appreciation post" being all "oh how jolly — the people do love us!". C'est la vie.

Prithee, be silent, boy; I profit not by thy talk:
thou art thought to be Armagan's male varlet.

Well, give credit where credit is due. 1.7.0. patch finally feels like something a professional game dev company would deliver.
Let them continue on this course.

PS. Thou leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch!

Well, give credit where credit is due. 1.7.0. patch finally feels like something a professional game dev company would deliver.
Sure, I'll give them credit when they've started to listen to community suggestions and address the issues that lie in the heart of the game and not call it a day after implementing one new half-arsed cop-out feature that's best ignored. Only worthwhile changes were the optimisation and bug fixes, but in two whole years of development, a "professional game dev company" should have been able to deliver much more than that. If you think otherwise, use your ****ing brain and reconsider your expectations from a 50 pound Steam game.

Instead of repeating the same points, I'll quote this earlier comment of mine, because I'm that smart.
Pretend this is spoilered because you can't format **** on mobile: "What has changed? What has the OoB system changed in the game's essence that made it more enjoyable? The core issues of battles which negated all enjoyment or reward to be had from strategizing haven't been addressed in the slightest. The core issues mean tactics don't matter for the most part, and I made this point in another post so I won't repeat myself. And those are besides perhaps the most glaring issue with battles outside of battles, is that they happen too bleeding often [...].
Sieges are halfway playable now? Great. Can't wait to throw another army of peasants at another generic castle.
All this to say that, the "enhancements" made to the game being largely centered around battle gameplay, reinforces the notion that that's what TW thinks the game ought to revolve around. I can hardly celebrate even meaningful improvements to battles at this point, when from the start most of my complaints were that the game is too battle-heavy without any weight to those battles and little to do outside of them.
[...] the direction it seems to be going is where most of us were afraid it would go: Trivial improvements to the fast-paced action bits of the game, whilst not adding any depth to the game those battles should have been built around."
Let them continue on this course.
No.

Thou leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch!
Why thou damnable box of envy, thou, what meanest thou to curse thus?
Why art thou exasperate, thou idle immaterial skein of sleave-silk, thou green sarcenet flap for a sore eye, thou tassel of a prodigal's purse, thou? Ah, how the poor world is pestered with such waterflies, diminutives of nature!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom