How is damage calculated based on damage type and armor values?

Users who are viewing this thread

There were a couple of simple formulas in Warband that made it very easy to understand how damage was calculated:

Is there anything similar for Bannerlord? I'm planning a full overhaul of weapons and armor to make their damage and mitigation values more realistic, but nothing like that is possible if we don't know how damage and mitigation works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I saw that thread after posting this onw, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. It's the way that damage type and armor values interact that I'm really interested in. The formulas shown there deal with other weapon stats.

Do you guys know if only the armor value matters or if damage is also changed by where on the armor they are hit? for example, if a body armor is sleeveless, will hitting the arms be like no armor? and if a helmet has cloth around the neck, is the neck reduced armor vs a helmet with chainmail on the neck?

I think with soak and reduction it has been done the right way.
Maybe the differences could be higher, because when pierce goes through the soak (and it should be better then cut here) then it's basically through, so it doesn't need (much further) reduction.
And for blunt it's the other way, basically only rigid armor should be able to soak it completely,
the soak should be the lowest, but reduction could be as high as for cut - or even higher.

Cut/Pierce and Blunt could work somewhat different depending on where one gets hit,
Cut would be better than Pierce/Blunt at the limbs,
Pierce would be better than Cut/Blunt at torso,
and for Blunt...only the head would be remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom