• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • If you are posting SP feedback without an actual suggestion, please head over to The Keep - Singleplayer section.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

How I think Main Patruls- feature should work

Users who are viewing this thread

Tryvenyal

Squire

How I think Main Patruls- feature should work

A patrul- function is essentional. Not only for player but also for AI. But there is a big problem with it and it´s the number of lords available after some deaths etc. If AI utilize lords and parties-spots to protect their fiefs there are few left to wage war!

I think patruls should be something the owner of a fief initiates from the fief management screen. It spawns "manhunter"- parties protecting it´s demesne. It´s upkeep is a "Daily Militia" malus and a low maintenance cost. From the fief management screen, player can set how big these parties is. Manhunters counts as militia and count towards "Retires"- malus + an extra -1 "Manhunters" towards militia-growth.

Manhunters has similar but opposite to bandit- behavior. They has their own troop-trees(T2-T4), not very unlike caravan-troops for speed. They are listed as manhunter/patrul-parties. The player can assign the governor to lead these parties if he wants to(of cause with the risk of beeing captives). Othervice they are led by a T5 Sherif, simelar to "Caravanleaders" or "Bandit boss" - semi-characters. They excell when interfeering in battles villigeras and caravans are defending part in. They can't destroy hideouts. They priorities bandits over enemy factionmembers but does not heisitate to join a village milita during raid if they see a good chanse to win. THey can't take non-troop prisoners och don't loot.

A big bonus if player can invest in these parties, above default quality which is based on security and quantity from prosperity, as a way to get also weak holdings on the foot again.

If such party is destroyed, no new patrul can be dispatched for a week. During this week, the holding has another -1 to militia growth.

Top Bottom