How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

Users who are viewing this thread

ClearlyInvisible said:
The Dutchy is falling. France has not sent reinforcements.

We shall hold as long as we can, but I fear the worst.

I had hoped it was only in my game, but the Duchy is just getting absolutely decimated by Austria.

Warsaw surviving is basically a crap shoot. Sometimes they're destroyed instantly, but if their allies (especially Italy and Germany) are active enough against Austria they can thrive.

Which is kind of how I want it. In reality the Poles abandoned most of the country because they knew they couldn't match the Austrians in pitched battle. Poniatowski instead set about trying to distract them and draw forces away from the German front to help Napoleon, which would in turn help Poland.

Well, I'm slowly becoming the bare knuckle boxing champion of the British Isles while running an army to raise hell in the Netherlands during my off time.

Do we know if the great coats are properly changing to summer coats yet or am I going to have to do that for myself?

we all have to start somewhere
mb6.jpg

training is important!
mb7.jpg

Well in my game, Netherlands has managed to gain a foothold in the British Isles, France has just now gone to Polands aid, liberating Warsaw (somehow) And Austria is on an campaign against France.

Austria killing Warsaw, Italy taking southern Austria (The Slovenia part)...
Usual stuff.

In my other game, France took Sheffield, therefore having a giant blob in the middle of Britain  :cool:

Currently a lieutenant in British army. Most of Europe is slowly making peace :grin:

I have 1 Officer (95th R.Sharpe), 4 NCO's (F.G, 95th, Light Infantry Sergeants and a Midshipman).
I have 108 troops consisting of mostly Footguard fusilers with a company of Light Footguard infantry. Their morale is plumetting due to unknown reasons and the Staff is struggling to keep them under order.

I am also own a linen factory and am a champion in the arena.

Damn it. I should put spoilers around that :grin:

Yep, he is. Among a couple non native NPCs that have been finished it would seem. (Check my screenies on the main thread. He mostly accompanies me around :smile: )

EDIT: @poster below. I just separated my troops into their coresponding type. So I have regulars, which are all my line, light, footguard and genadier units I have 3 of my NCO's in this group also.
Then I have light infantry/riflemen which is as it says. I have my main Officer (R.Sharpe) in this group and my Light Footguard sergeant.

It seems to work pretty well for now. I wish each troop was set up by default into groups instead of standard vanilla archers infantry etc. (I always change mine)

In my game the Dutch took Sheffield, but lost it so quickly that the first I heard about it was the Brits reclaiming it.

Otherwise much the same, Austria has been gobbling up Warsaw, completely unchecked. The Dutch signed a truce with the UK after losing Arnhem, which I subsequently took, moments before France also signed a truce, which is handy, because it should give me time to populate its garrison. We did lose Liège.

Now, the UK is at war with Naples, Russia is at war with Prussia, Naples is at war with Austria and everyone not mentioned is a solely at war with Austria, so things should soon begin to change in the east.

Joining the British Army as a Light Infantry Officer, we first took Liege from France and then took Amsterdam, I've mainly spent most battles supporting the army and letting my guys do all the sniping off to one side, mainly due to the melee being a bit naff (I know this is getting fixed soon, not a complaint at all).
I've got around 50 men all in the light category, and Monsieur Ducos (remember that ***hole from the Sharpe series?) acting as my scout, his pathfinding and spotting skills are quite handy for a Light Infantry company on the move.

France took Liege back but only left 40 men are garrisoning it, I'm currently laying siege and hopefully the King will let me hold onto the city once I take it back!

One thing I did notice, my troops don't seem to be costing any upkeep, I take it this is intentional? To simulate the country itself paying their wages rather than myself? If so its a welcome feature. 

All in all, loving it so far, and it can only get better with time :smile:

Can anyone explain me the distinct roles of Line Infantry and Light Infantry? For me it doesn't really make any difference, except that the Light guys have more weapon skills.

By the way, in my first game I joined the Prussians. The first problem I ecountered was that I couldn't find any damned bandit party to make money with. Then, I attacked a group of Russian farmers in order to decrease my relation with the Russian Empire, which allowed me to loot villages. After a coupe of raids, I managed to recruit about 70 troops and two cannons. Since I considered myself too cool to be neutral, I decided to join as a mercenary for the Prussians. I had some successful battles against the Russian Empire, then I accidentally ran into an enemy party full of cavalry and got wrecked. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom