How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

Users who are viewing this thread

as the commander of the Gardes du Corps I have captured single handedly 3 der rheinbund cities, oddly enough the kaisar seems displeased with his guard commander, something about needing to declare war or whatnot.

It took a while to build up my renown, but witnessing my fusiliers, musketeers, and grenadiers platoon fire down the line as a marshal of Prussia is so satisfying.  I've got each infantry type as its own group, so between the 9 platoons I can maintain continuous musket fire. Unfortunately, this firepower is only directed against small groups deserters and bandits, since everyone in Europe is at peace. 

Poland didn't even get invaded here and just bought a commission. Damn, raiding is pretty much hard when the Prussian Army isn't even on the offensive, I keep getting attacked every 2 - 3 villages and damn my men were around at 100s and right now I only got around 60 and morale is low but it was worth it got to sell all the loots and I got around 15k francs as I've been doing this since afternoon.

EDIT: How do you increase your social standing? By buying factories/industries?

MrSplashy said:
EDIT: How do you increase your social standing? By buying factories/industries?

If I'm not mistaken, social standing isn't finished and barely implemented ingame, and as far as I know the only thing implemented about it is the thing in the character report stating your social standing.

pegasusinferno said:
If I'm not mistaken, social standing isn't finished and barely implemented ingame, and as far as I know the only thing implemented about it is the thing in the character report stating your social standing.

I've managed to have the social standngs of rake,townie,and nobody. I do not know what calculates what social standing you have but I do know that if you choose rake in the character creation that will show up as your social standing.

In my case Poland got kicked first, until they only had Warsawa left. Then they choose to attack Russia and England to "carve their power" and took Edingborough.

In my game I started a Military Student whos father was a nobleman in Northern Italy

Vittirio Emmauel I, I began in the Italian Army as a Light Cavalryman. I worked my way up the ranks to Sergeant and did a bit of trading on the side to save up for a Commission. Now I am a Lieutenant almost about to be promoted. I have an elite Company of Soldiers, about 60% Line Infantry 30% Light Infantry 9% Light Cavalry, and 1% Heavy Cavalry. The Heavy Cavalry Serve as my Personal Guard, the Light Calvary does quick flanking attacks on enemy Artillery and runs down running cowards.

I have fought many Battles against the Austrians, I have taken many of their standards, And I have beat them not only on even battle but also outnumbered.

My Hopes are once I get my promotion to Colonel (I think that is the next rank) to become the Marshall of Italy and begin a war with Southern Italy to unite the Italian peninsula. And hopefully be granted most of the Cities of South Italy.

Then I will rebel against the North and unite the Italian people under my rule.

After playing 1.3 for a while, i restarted with a fresh avatar to join, once again, the Prussian Kingdom.  It was a bit of a shock to see how the was mod changed by 1.4 and the hotfix. I traded a bit before joining the army to have a constant supply of money coming in. Around two thousand, as usual.  By the time i joined the prussian forces, the war with Russia was nearly over. Prussia was able to take Grodno from the Tsar without my help, which was a big plus later on. There were no other cities conquered until then. Austria wasn't steamrolling through Poland nor Italy, and the french empire did not strike back :wink: While i was promoted to seargent, with a company of 40 prussian light Füsilier Veteranen, Prussia and Russia made peace. The other nations settled also their difference a short while later and a period of complete peace came up. While hunting bandits and getting finally promoted to lieutenant, i made a small fortune by trading and establishing vine presses. I already thought that docm wrote something to introduce a political structure like the European Union where all should live in peace and debts, when finally the russians declared war on prussia. I think they were pretty pissed that they lost Grodno in the last war. Without Grodno under prussian reign i don't think there would have been a single war once again. As i was rewarded with the village of Glebockie, i couldn't avoid to participate in the second prussian/russian war, so i expanded my troops a bit and had around day 160 around 12 companions and 70 light Füsilier Veteranen. There were some very nasty fights coming up and with the change in sheer army size (Kings have now around 800 men guarding them, normal Lords around 200 to 500) i was constantly outnumbered.

The gameplay is now a lot more vicious and doesn't ignore a single fault in the battle management. Although the horses are now a lot less armoured, cavalry is even more important than it was before. You need it badly if you face Lords with a lot of cavalry to stop them before they hit the core of your army. They aren't as deadly as before, but they're a decent distraction and the AI handles them pretty well. You get swamped by 20 to 50 cavalry units, and your men are busy fighting them, while the rest of the enemy troops advances up to close range, mopping up anything which is left of your troops. If you don't manage to fight in a village or have some of the new battle scenes with a very high ground to place your troops on, you're dead meat. Your own cavalry is a fire and forget weapon. you'll yeel "Charge!" and you'll never see them again... i mean alive. If you're playing aggressively and send them in as a distraction, you can slaughter the first enemy wave, but if you happen to have a bad position when enemy reinforcemnts arrive, everything goes south. You can't plan this exactly enough, so this ist only an option when dealing with enemies who're in a defensive stance, and it never happened to me, as i was always outnumbered, and the enemy force charged always. When fighting alongside with an allied Lord, it was even worse, since his forces simply ran up into shooting range and started firing. Of course they were wiped out, and i had to defend with 20 to 30 men against the next waves. *Grumble...Idiots* The only thing that kept me from yelling at the screen was the easy and fast supply of new ligh Füsiliere, as they are trained in only 2 or 3 days to their highest rank.  The rest of the prussian troops are a bit sub standard. The grenadiers aren't as sturdy as the russian counterparts and with their low musketery skill they're completely relying on their health bar which is not that high. Line Füsiliere are even worse, as they lack the health and the musketery skill. Cavalry has vulnerable horses and no dragoons. Fighting with pistols is not advised against a good chunk of russian mushketers and grenaders. So the only real option is to go with light Füsiliere and have them firing only in medium and close range. They're not effective in long range combat, but can mow down an impressive amount of enemies near by. They're firing fast and accurate with their M1801. But that means you need to plan your assault neatly. There's no room for just a single error in placing them or ordering them to fire too early/lately. They have only a limited amount of bullets and giving the fact that you're outnumbered 3:1 this is a major problem, as they're far from being brilliant brawlers.

In fact, one of my effective strategies is, considering the real lack of musketery skill on russian troops, to retreat far enough and ordering them to hold fire, even if the enemy is in shooting range. When russian troops are entering long range combat, they can't hit a barn with a bullet, and you'll loose only 2 or 3 men while waiting the waves emytying their bullets into the clear sky. After a while, they will start charging, and then you'll order your men to fire at will. That will eradicate wave after wave, if you'll always order your men to hold fire while the next ones are shooting. This works fine in open field combat. The artillerie can be dealt with some tricks, but is by far not that big threat anymore. You may loose 3 or 4 men if they happen to hit your lines, but 95% of the time they will miss. If you're concerned about them, just take your horse, ride around the enemy line and kill one member of each artillerie troop operating the guns with your rifle. In 99% of all times the remaining 2 will start charging at you. just ride back to your lines and they will follow you across the whole battle field in order to slay you with their ramrods :grin: No firing artillery anymore after 2 shots. Just be careful to not lose your horse. It's a looong way back :wink:

After a lot of fights to save Glebockie, i was promoted to Colonel and then the Austrians declared also war on Prussia. Those greedy bastards wanted to take over Ostrog, which the prussians bravely conquered under my lead. The Austrians are different, as they have a better shooting range due to their Jagdschützen. But due to very slow reload rate, austrian infantry isn't a very big thread. Their cavalry on the other hand is, as they still use the vanilla Hunters as horses. You can't buy vanilla horses anymore, and normal cavalry isn't using the vanilla horses anymore... but the austrians still do. And they really love to swamp you with excessive amounts of cavalry. Kienmayer, Hiller and Schwarzenberg are lords to avoid if you aren't prepared for this. They have still the old setup and will wipe you out. On the other hand, if you want to have vanilla horses for you and your companions, just get 10 of them, fight some bandits and grab the remaining horses after the battle, or if you're a little bit on the dark side, order them to hold position, shoot one, mount his horse and wait a bit after the fight is over :grin: I already collected Hunters for my companions :wink: Afaik Thieftakers are using the vanilla riding horses, but are a rare sighting. Best guns for your companions are still british infantry rifles, as they are deadly accurate, reload faster than the rifled carabine (in my opinion, not tested) and can't be used as a polearm, so your companions never get confused and change their weapons in melee correctly.

Oh, and yes, there seem to be a pretty superior troop type in the dutch army. Just recruit some dutch guys as line infantry and train them up to the second highest rank. Don't know how they're called, but it's just one tier befor Koniklijke Grenadier. They have a decent 376 in musketery and over 50 health. Although they're only using M1711 guns, they're a shock to enemy troops when charging a city or in close range. These are really nasty fighters. I haven't tested the other countries and their troops so far, but the gameplay has changed a lot. One error and you've lost... and recruit austrian Curassiers if you're using cavalry a lot. That helps a lot.

Went into a tavern to see if there was anyone to recruit.

Found a Richard Sharpe and Pierre Ducos, sitting on the same table.

They seemed to have a really important conversation going on, so I couldn't bring myself up to interrupt them. I was a bit disappointed that after 5 minutes, neither of them wasn't dead...

VonCede said:
Went into a tavern to see if there was anyone to recruit.

Found a Richard Sharpe and Pierre Ducos, sitting on the same table.

They seemed to have a really important conversation going on, so I couldn't bring myself up to interrupt them. I was a bit disappointed that after 5 minutes, neither of them wasn't dead...

:lol:

So far, fantastic!  Having restarted each time a patch came out this (1.41) this is the furthest I have progressed yet, and what a beautiful game!  Even as an alpha it's more polished than a lot of finished mods.

I decided that this time, my dispossessed nobleman, Johann Hartmann (no relation to the similarly named composer; I hadn't even heard of him at the time) would roam around collecting heroes for a special light infantry unit to support his line infantry.  Gathering dispossessed Black Brunswicker mercenaries I travelled the realm, visiting each country and recruiting all the special candidates for my unit such as Alayn and Matheld (sure, she's a woman, and normally I would not accept such into my unit but the independent nature of my light infantry unit allows me to make an exception if she can be a good shot.)  Once I had most of them, it was time to decide on a country to join; I was already the scourge of bandits and unwary French patrols.  I knew France and her allies were out of the question; I was a dispossed German noble BECAUSE of Napoleon; I wasn't exactly going to pledge service to that Corsican peasant!

In the end, on advice from my second-in-command, Artinemmer (tactics, engineering) I took service with the King of Prussia, who was at war with Imperial Russia.  I built a nicely sized infantry regiment of Prussian Fusiliers with the support of my light company, now equipped and dressed as Jaegers with carbine rifles and lots of ammo.  I then marched to Russia, got cows for Marshal Scharnhorst's army, fought in a minor battle and won, and then was asked to scout some villages.  While doing that, peace was declared, the mission was cancelled, the army was disbanded, and I found myself with 200 mouths to feed, no city to station them in, and no war.

I retired my army, except for my light company, and spent the next several months hunting bandits and the patrols of other countries that violated Prussian territory.  This allowed my jaegers to get a LOT of experience with their rifles; at this time, most are crack shots and can bring down enemies from a battle's start.  I eventually got promoted to Divisional General and shortly after, we went to war... with France.

Raising another army, we fought for months, and our forces took Liege and Hannover.  I was actually awarded Dusseldorf; my very own land granted by the King of Prussia!  At this time, I changed my name from General Johann Hartmann to General Johann von Dusseldorf (one of these days I will discover how to add an umlaut in the name window!) and continued fighting.

In the end, I was promoted to Marshal and managed to take Luxenbourg on my own thanks to the sharpshooting of my wonderful Jaeger company, who were able to really soften up the defenses before my general attack.  At this point, I am in the city but only have about 100 surviving troops.  Of them, less than 50 are uninjured and ready to fight, and there are two large French armies heading towards me.  I don't think I will hold this city long, but I took it once and I can always retake it.  My men are preparing to march out now.

Field Marshal Johann Friedrich Hartmann von Dusseldorf will live to fight another day.

Greetings!

Brand new Player here.
Got "Mount & Blade" only a week ago, specifically to play "First-Person Napoleonic," and "L'Aigle" to do so in Singleplayer.
[Tried all the others -- yours is by far the BEST of the mods in this area!]

Still trying to find my way around (only recently figured out that the "Polearms" skill governs use of musket as melee weapon, and need "Tactics" above 2 or 3 to get the "Plan Your Battle" choices pre-battle.  Yup, got a lot of "Forum Browsing" to do, since the M&B manual (which one can obtain from http://www.replacementdocs.com) isn't all that much help in the late 1800's, and most of the good hints and tips are scattered all over this, and other, Forum topics.  Ah, well -- War is H*ll ...
[And even the Official Manual states, "..Mount & Blade: Warband follows a "learn by doing" mindset as much as possible .."

Well, skipping over the usual mass of player deaths/defeats, Save reloads, etc. -- Started in Wien, Austria;
- got through the "Attack the Bandit's Den" initial test;
- recruited a party, currently Austrian Rekruts and Landwehr;
- joined the Austrian army at the nearby Military Depot;
- did a quest for Johann Saxe-Coburg to find and dispose of a crook (John the Bold);
[Got a lousy 30 gold for my trouble.  I refused the "blood money," and gained Honor and Relations with that guy]
- Decided to follow Johann to his battle with the Rhinebund -- nearly 300 antagonists on each side!!!
Of course, I was lost, and had no clue what was going on. [Should have Saved beforehand -- I know ...]
It wasn't pretty.
[But, I DID get to try giving orders to Johann's artillery... before being knocked unconscious.  Because it was a big battle, I had plenty of time to find out about moving the camera (with W,A,S,D) while out of it, to watch Johann finish things.]

So, now I have no troops, no money, and have to decide what to do next.

Still, it's great fun!  Thanks to Docm and all those who have been helping him to make this beautiful mod!

DARoot

Greetings

I have been having an Absolute Riot/Good Time with "L'Aigle (v.1.41)."
Kudos to Docm, and any/all contributors/team members, to this mod (past, present, and future).
Very Well Done!!

That said ... well, of course, individual "End-Users" may start "modifying" or "tweaking" certain aspects of the mod, to suit themselves -- comes with the territory, Eh? ...
I'm no exception.
One of the first things I did (for personal preference reasons), was to change some of the "banners_xxx.dds" files, to make the Town/Kingdom flags and Lord's Banners displayed in-game match my own personal preferences for those nations/factions, in 1809.
[I utilized an internet site, showing flags of all the nations involved in the Napoleonic wars, for reference (and permitting downloads of the pics)].

Then, I started looking at some of the troop uniforms.
[Docm (and anybody on his "team" at the time) has/have done a stellar job with them!  But, everyone has their own ideas ... so I just tried to "tweak" some things, to fit my own personal views...]

a. To me, the "Prussian Dragoon" kollet was too dark.  So, I lightened it up a bit (this was a VERY easy edit, using Paint Shop Pro, or your favorite graphics program);
W2Ra8.jpg

b. Then I thought, "Hey, what about the Prussian Cuirassiers?" -- According to my references, only the 2nd Regiment had buff coats (in 1806).  All the rest had white coats.
Granted, in 1809 Prussia was still recovering from the disaster of 1806. And saddled with war endemnities to Napoleon, that reduced the available funds for military reform.
Yet, the "reformers" under Scharnhorst and Gneisenau had already started work in 1808, so it is safe to assume that SOME (if not most) of those changes were already in place by 1809.
And, lets face it, in 1809 the Prussian Army was not really in any condition to pick a fight with anybody ...
Unfortunately, there is very little reliable reference material available about the Prussian Army in 1809.  Most of what we can see deals with 1806, or 1813-1815.
So, we make compromises ...

For me, this meant -- white coats for the Prussian cuirassiers [best "substitute" currently available is the Russian cuirassier coat];
OR -- create something to represent the dark blue "Litewka," that they wore as campaign dress.
AND -- They may have recieved the black crested helmet (in lieu of the 1806 bicorne) by 1809.  Closest current "substitute" is the Russian Cavalry Helmet.
So, I decided to go that way --
xiBA9.jpg
[My version of the Litewka is made from a retextured "Austrian_Coat_Landwehr2."  This was a more complicated edit, since the "normal" and "specular" texture files for it are shared with other mesh/texture files, that I didn't want to ruin ...  More compromises ...].
(Can't help the "clipping" errors -- that's a mesh issue, and I cannot edit meshes).

c. Then I thought, "Hey, Prince Blucher was already considered "old" in 1806 -- he should look the part, in 1809."
So, I tried changing his hair to white.  Followed the instructions in "Morgh's Editor" to change the face - never got it to work (even with starting a new game).
Then, I obtained a new toy to play with - the "Mount & Blade Savegame Editor" by Kushulain:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295270.msg7013318.html#msg7013318

THIS works a treat, for this purpose, and is very easy to use:
MhHIU.jpg

I was ... astounded ... at HOW MUCH information about the game is retained in a Savegame file!!!
A whole new area, for exploration and possible "tweaking" ...

d. I'm now working on "beefing up" the Rhinebund troops in-game.
Currently, their Troop Trees and Troop Stats are not comparable (read: poorer than) any other troops in-game. 
Aside from adjusting existing troops' stats (I'm using the French and British Troop Trees/Troop Stats for reference), I'm trying to add a few more, that played a significant (or less) part in the Eckmuhl/Ratisbon/Wagram battles --
- Wurttemburg Line Infantry, Light Infantry, and Jaegers (rifle-armed);
- Saxon Line Infantry, Light Infantry, and Jaegers (rifle-armed);
- Westfalian, Hessian, and Baden Line Infantry;
- Bavarian  Light/Jaeger Infantry (no rifles);
- Saxon Heavy Cavalry (Cuirassiers and Guards du Corps).
["Watch out, Kaiserlichs!  We're comin' for ya!  Teach you to violate our borders -- without even a Declaration of War!"]

My problem now is -- if I spend too much time "modifying" this game, I'm spending less and less time actually PLAYING it (except for short sessions, to test changes I might make).
[FYI - I am abysmal at horseback combat.  I really need to practice that more...  And, commanding my AI bots?  Pitiful ... Fuggedaboudit ...]
The pitfalls of learning "modding."  And, once you start, it's hard to stop.
But, it's great fun, keeps me entertained, and keeps me off the streets (and out of bars), and out of trouble.

For you, find your own comfort zone.

And, Have Fun!

DARoot

Hemiola said:
Greetings

I have been having an Absolute Riot/Good Time with "L'Aigle (v.1.41)."
Kudos to Docm, and any/all contributors/team members, to this mod (past, present, and future).
Very Well Done!!

That said ... well, of course, individual "End-Users" may start "modifying" or "tweaking" certain aspects of the mod, to suit themselves -- comes with the territory, Eh? ...
I'm no exception.
One of the first things I did (for personal preference reasons), was to change some of the "banners_xxx.dds" files, to make the Town/Kingdom flags and Lord's Banners displayed in-game match my own personal preferences for those nations/factions, in 1809.
[I utilized an internet site, showing flags of all the nations involved in the Napoleonic wars, for reference (and permitting downloads of the pics)].

Then, I started looking at some of the troop uniforms.
[Docm (and anybody on his "team" at the time) has/have done a stellar job with them!  But, everyone has their own ideas ... so I just tried to "tweak" some things, to fit my own personal views...]

a. To me, the "Prussian Dragoon" kollet was too dark.  So, I lightened it up a bit (this was a VERY easy edit, using Paint Shop Pro, or your favorite graphics program);
W2Ra8.jpg

b. Then I thought, "Hey, what about the Prussian Cuirassiers?" -- According to my references, only the 2nd Regiment had buff coats (in 1806).  All the rest had white coats.
Granted, in 1809 Prussia was still recovering from the disaster of 1806. And saddled with war endemnities to Napoleon, that reduced the available funds for military reform.
Yet, the "reformers" under Scharnhorst and Gneisenau had already started work in 1808, so it is safe to assume that SOME (if not most) of those changes were already in place by 1809.
And, lets face it, in 1809 the Prussian Army was not really in any condition to pick a fight with anybody ...
Unfortunately, there is very little reliable reference material available about the Prussian Army in 1809.  Most of what we can see deals with 1806, or 1813-1815.
So, we make compromises ...

For me, this meant -- white coats for the Prussian cuirassiers [best "substitute" currently available is the Russian cuirassier coat];
OR -- create something to represent the dark blue "Litewka," that they wore as campaign dress.
AND -- They may have recieved the black crested helmet (in lieu of the 1806 bicorne) by 1809.  Closest current "substitute" is the Russian Cavalry Helmet.
So, I decided to go that way --
xiBA9.jpg
[My version of the Litewka is made from a retextured "Austrian_Coat_Landwehr2."  This was a more complicated edit, since the "normal" and "specular" texture files for it are shared with other mesh/texture files, that I didn't want to ruin ...  More compromises ...].
(Can't help the "clipping" errors -- that's a mesh issue, and I cannot edit meshes).

c. Then I thought, "Hey, Prince Blucher was already considered "old" in 1806 -- he should look the part, in 1809."
So, I tried changing his hair to white.  Followed the instructions in "Morgh's Editor" to change the face - never got it to work (even with starting a new game).
Then, I obtained a new toy to play with - the "Mount & Blade Savegame Editor" by Kushulain:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295270.msg7013318.html#msg7013318

THIS works a treat, for this purpose, and is very easy to use:
MhHIU.jpg

I was ... astounded ... at HOW MUCH information about the game is retained in a Savegame file!!!
A whole new area, for exploration and possible "tweaking" ...

d. I'm now working on "beefing up" the Rhinebund troops in-game.
Currently, their Troop Trees and Troop Stats are not comparable (read: poorer than) any other troops in-game. 
Aside from adjusting existing troops' stats (I'm using the French and British Troop Trees/Troop Stats for reference), I'm trying to add a few more, that played a significant (or less) part in the Eckmuhl/Ratisbon/Wagram battles --
- Wurttemburg Line Infantry, Light Infantry, and Jaegers (rifle-armed);
- Saxon Line Infantry, Light Infantry, and Jaegers (rifle-armed);
- Westfalian, Hessian, and Baden Line Infantry;
- Bavarian  Light/Jaeger Infantry (no rifles);
- Saxon Heavy Cavalry (Cuirassiers and Guards du Corps).
["Watch out, Kaiserlichs!  We're comin' for ya!  Teach you to violate our borders -- without even a Declaration of War!"]

My problem now is -- if I spend too much time "modifying" this game, I'm spending less and less time actually PLAYING it (except for short sessions, to test changes I might make).
[FYI - I am abysmal at horseback combat.  I really need to practice that more...  And, commanding my AI bots?  Pitiful ... Fuggedaboudit ...]
The pitfalls of learning "modding."  And, once you start, it's hard to stop.
But, it's great fun, keeps me entertained, and keeps me off the streets (and out of bars), and out of trouble.

For you, find your own comfort zone.

And, Have Fun!

DARoot

Download?

@ Kacper1234PL --
Huh?

Oh, I get it, now ...
No, No, the stuff I do for my own amusement is nowhere near "good enough" for Public Release. 
And, I just don't want to deal with the inevitable, "You should'a done A instead of B" stuff that "Modders for the Public" have to endure.
[Besides, since my RapidShare subscription expired, I've got no way to "share" any files anywho ...]

Anyway, I'm a firm advocate of the "Do-It-Yourself" approach.
You want one (or something else/similar) to what I've done?
I'm happy to tell you how I did, what I did, to make mine. 
Send me a PM, so we don't take up Public Forum Space about it. 
I like to help people, but sometimes Forum Admins think my posts are "too wordy", so ...

Any good general always plans a line of retreat ...
:wink:
DARoot

I began my new playthrough a week or so ago, and it has so far been my longest. Currently I'm at day 200. Immediately after being forced into a duel against some undesirable blackguard, and having to end the gentleman's miserable existence, Friedrich Karl von Hessen joined the Prussian war effort. Because of his noble origins, he was immediately assigned as a sergeant and given his own grenadier company to lead. The Zwanzigste Grenadierskompanie marched east to repel the Russian enemies, but the green sergeant found small success. Once he ran into another army of Russians. Though his enemy was outnumbered, the Russian company managed to overpower the 20th brigade, and it was ultimately destroyed. Friedrich Karl von Hessen was wounded in the fighting and was taken prisoner, and when he got free, navigated through the hostile territory back to his homeland. He attended a ball that the King had organised, where the high generals laughed at him and mocked his failure.

Determined to regain his honor, Friedrich Karl began paying court to to a general's daughter, Lady Catalina, and began enlisting men to reform the 20th grenadier company. Having reorganised his men, he set out on new, more successful battles against the Tsar's armies. He helped the King's army during the sieges of Ostrog and Grodno, which were captured and held to this day, despite the Tsar's attempt to reclaim them. In these battles, Friedrich Karl received the experience he needed. He was promoted to the rank of sergeant-major after his accomplishments.

In January 1810, Lady Catalina and Friedrich Karl married, and soon after he was promoted to lieutenant. He led the 20th grenadier company to France, with which Prussia was at war, raided what is today Belgium and defeated several smaller French armies. Things seemed to be going very smoothly, until the 20th company was severely damaged following a painful cavalry charge near Paris. Although the charge was stopped and the officer captured, the wounded grenadiers were ambushed by another cavalry regiment after attempting to cross the Seine and return to Berlin. The 20th company was again demolished, and Friedrich Karl taken prisoner. The sly lieutenant managed to escape again, and cross the border into Der Rheinbund, to safe territory.

After the 20th was yet again destroyed, the King named Friedrich Karl von Hessen a Rittmeister, a cavalry officer. He was given lead of a regiment of dragoons, supported by a smaller number of hussars. After these hussars failed to prove themselves on the battlefield against Austria-Hungary, the Rittmeister had them replaced by cuirassiers. Soon after, Friedrich Karl noticed that he wasn't an exceptional cavalry commander. He began hiring grenadiers once more to replace the cuirassiers, but kept the dragoons, as they were good infantry as well as cavalry.

Currently lieutenant Friedrich Karl von Hessen owns two vinyards in Italy, a weavery in Prague and collects taxes from the villages of Weblen and Lida. After another war with the Russian Empire, an era of peace once more blesses the Königreich. Für Gott, für die König!

Hi who ever is still active in this mod and still following this treat.

Ten months ago I finally bought myself this game and started playing the napoleontic war mod online. I did years of Napoleontic re-enactment myself and heard much of this game, but never started playing. Because I instantly liked the online game I started my search for a single player version. I had found more mods of other interesting periods during history with a single player content. Most with only small changes to the native version and some buggy left projects. Only two mods for single player stood out to me. Bellum imperii was one. It is in roman setting, but also a version wich became boring quickly. Also with a note that it is still not a official finished mod. It does have much potention, but also still needs some work to make the gameplay more interesting. Now to the second mod wich is L'Eagle. This game is a bit more finished, but also has room for even more features and improvements. Example feature to add are claiments. For the dutch koninkrijk Holland it must be Willem van Oranje Nassau I believe. Later in 1813 he came back to be king again.

So with some games trying in this mod I finnaly started another new game. This time I was going to be Willem van Oranje! My goal to kick those French out of my beloved Netherlands! I went into service with the English for now to build up strength, leadership skills and find myself a army and companions. Those companions are going to be my luitenants and sergeants. I fought for King George a lot of Battles already. My main army is a constant fully ranked core of 150 man. All veterans and a combination of all troops. In total my army has a save number of 278 now. Morale stays high with these man. I could gather more man with my rank and renown, but with 486 I will quickly get morale drop. For now I am going to try to inflicy some political mess in het koninkrijk holland at first. Maybe some generals can be pursueded or something. After that I will launch my big attack. First goal will be to take a city for my own. Hope things are going to work out. Wish me luck! I will bring back my report if anyone will like. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom