How feature complete do you think Bannerlord is?

How feature complete do you think Bannerlord is?

• Nearly 100% complete, TW is only fine tuning for balance

• Mostly complete in terms of features and mechanics, maybe a little bit more before release

• Somewhat complete, but definitely more to come

• Much more content is likely on the way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

StewVader

Sergeant
I'm curious what the forum users think. I've read numerous comments from people with expertise in programming, system design, etc, who argue the game is likely mostly complete in terms of features and mechanics. Additionally, the only feature not present in the game that is specifically mentioned on the Steam Store Page is the criminal gangs feature. Moreover, TW didn't mention any "new features of mechanics" in the works for single player on their so-called "roadmap".

I suspect a lot of users are holding out hope for more features and more content. I suspect veteran users and players have no expectations from TW and will simply rely on modders to make the game more than it is. Either way i'm curious what the results will be.

So the poll question is "How feature complete do you think Bannerlord is?"

I also wonder just how far away the community is from TW here. Hopefully we'll find out.

Feels like the third and fourth option are near identical, or too close to be two options. The first two are distinct but the last two kind of overlap.

I hope it's not at all TBH. Basically everything but what it looks like needs changes and additions, many of it significant.
I guess it depends what you consider new content though, VRS feature complete.
For instance, I think saving formations and being able to select and place them before battle is something the game needs, but is this new content or an existing feature that isn't implemented, because a perk for tactics mentions something like it.
I think the game needs a deep, rewarding character building system and deep player-agency-centric vassal management. IMO the perks and election/army systems are nothing at all. What it would take to make them good is so much that it might be considered new content because it must completely over shadow or replace the current, empty, mindless, boring systems. Is replacing or significantly augmenting existing features new content?

To me current BL is like a demo with the bare bones of a M&B game. If they just tune up and fix what's here, that's a huge waste of money and potential. It will be a massive disappointment as a sequel to warband. Maybe modders will make something great though.

I hope they really push to improve over warband though in every way possible and make worthy sequel that will cement M&B for another 10 year or more.

I don't really expect more in completely new content, but I expect a lot in expanding and hopefully outright replacing some exist features.

I think anyone whose played this game more than a few hours realizes that more than a few core game mechanics need to be fully fleshed out. The big question is can TW get things done in the original time frame of approximately a year? I think we have time to get things fleshed out but TW is really going to have to start adding stuff to the game and move away from primarily bug squashing, just my 2 cents.

If this is what complete means then I'm just going to wait for the mods

I hope the optimistic people are right. I have little faith in TW delivering more content. Which is ****ing crazy given we had 10+ years of great mods for warband they could've used ideas from. It's still blows my mind how none of those mod ideas made their way into Bannerlord.

I don't think we'll see too many major features added to the game before release, but the features we already have should see a lot of fleshing-out or complete overhauls. So, perhaps 80% feature complete or something?

I hope the optimistic people are right. I have little faith in TW delivering more content. Which is ****ing crazy given we had 10+ years of great mods for warband they could've used ideas from. It's still blows my mind how none of those mod ideas made their way into Bannerlord.
They did. Remember that even tiny things like battles continuing after the player character gets K.O were not in warband. I often feel people remember Warband as the mods and not as the vanilla experience...

That said - yes there is more to come. Though i would anticipate future content will be mroe along the lines of filling out what is already there rather then adding new stuff - which is fine.

When all the features already provided and promised right now are fully functional and cease to contradict themselves, the game can be called complete. If TW keep adding new features into the game, it will never be complete. I don't mean TW shouldn't add new features. They should test them thoroughly before they integrate them into the vanilla game. or just split new features into DLCs.
I think TW should know the difference between mechanism and diversity. Learn from big famous companies please, Total war, Civ etc.
Diversity such as new features, new armors could be designed into DLCs. But mechanism must be done with logic, self-consistency before release. For example, cavalry shouldn't be stronger when dismount. You shouldn't design a death mod when companions are almost unable to advance skills and you can't afford to provide them with top armors as well.
I don't think TW has a strong-minded game designer to manage their developers. That's the problem.

When all the features already provided and promised right now are fully functional and cease to contradict themselves, the game can be called complete. If TW keep adding new features into the game, it will never be complete. I don't mean TW shouldn't add new features. They should test them thoroughly before they integrate them into the vanilla game. or just split new features into DLCs.
I think TW should know the difference between mechanism and diversity. Learn from big famous companies please, Total war, Civ etc.
Diversity such as new features, new armors could be designed into DLCs. But mechanism must be logical and self-consistent. For example, cavalry shouldn't be stronger when dismount. You shouldn't design a death mod when companions are almost unable to advance skills and you can't afford to provide them with top armors as well.
I don't think TW has a strong minded game designer to manage their developers. That's the point.
I don't think Total War or Civ are really the games you want to bring up to prove your point about good balance or bug fixing. Both have a lot of content and much of it is woefully broken or unabalanced.

I don't think Total War or Civ are really the games you want to bring up to prove your point about good balance or bug fixing. Both have a lot of content and much of it is woefully broken or unabalanced.
I think you misunderstand. I referred to them in order to show how a whole game was split into DLCs.
Companies want profit while We want good games. There are interest conflicts you know. DLC might be a compromised solution although I don't like it.

The devs have already admitted it, is nowhere near complete. They have stated that 80% of combat parameters need fixing, a lot of the main quest line needs fixing, etc. They have not stated at any point as far as I am aware, that the game is near finished. So I fail to see the relevance of this poll.

I would still prefer the addition of more Total War-esque mechanics like walk/run mode for troops, more importance placed on formations, armies divided into a greater number of "units" rather than the standard 3-5 (1 inf, 1 archer, 1 horse archer, 2 cav) and also the ability to tell your archers to target a single unit.

Maybe this is outside the scope of what's possible but I'd really like to see it nonetheless.

I would still prefer the addition of more Total War-esque mechanics like walk/run mode for troops, more importance placed on formations, armies divided into a greater number of "units" rather than the standard 3-5 (1 inf, 1 archer, 1 horse archer, 2 cav) and also the ability to tell your archers to target a single unit.

Maybe this is outside the scope of what's possible but I'd really like to see it nonetheless.
I imagine a lot of that is coming in the next update, as we should be getting companions able to actually join formations. We will also be getting changes in how combat works too. Will have to wait and see on some of it though.

Personally I couldnt care less about the combat, I always can have fun and whatever fix they bring I'll take it. Where I dont have fun is doing nothing during peace time, having no politics, no intrigue, no dialogue, no random events, not taking care of issues of being a lord and not managing castles and towns properly. This game needs a million features more in order to be fun

I want to believe that there is more to be added but it really feels like they will just be adjusting and tweaking what is there. Unfortunately this is what it is and we will then see DLCs that add things that were mentioned earlier but the mods gave expectations for most about the game that the developer was just not going to deliver on.

Back
Top Bottom