How exactly does the Quartermaster role work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kryten

Veteran
To me it seems that it does not matter if I assign this role to anyone. My Char gets Steward Skill XP even when he is not in the Quartermaster role and the party size does not change at all if I assign it to someone else with near to no Skill in Steward. So what exactly does this role do?

Well I just tested it. I have a quite new game, somewhere around 55 Steward Skill and a party size of 56 max. If I give my main another role(just setting it to "none" seems to be bugged, it will be quartermaster again the next time you open that view), the party size stays at 56. And if I assig one of my compainons to that role(they have no steward skill), it also stays at 56.

The guy you set as 'Quartermaster' will be forced to be the quartermaster of the party he is in. If your clan's quartermaster is not in X party, then X party's leader will be the 'quartermaster' for that party.

The party's quartermaster will gain steward points and the bonus to party size will be dependant on his steward skill.

One thing that happened to me was that my character had gained a lot of steward points from leading his party, and then when my Clan's Quartermaster's caravan got rekt and I got him back into my party, my party's size got tanked massively and I had to make myself quartermaster.

The guy you set as 'Quartermaster' will be forced to be the quartermaster of the party he is in. If your clan's quartermaster is not in X party, then X party's leader will be the 'quartermaster' for that party.

I don't disagree, but since the game implies it's the clan's quartermaster, and the clan's scout. and the clam's surgeon; I'm sure we can all see the issue.

Roles aren't assigned within the party; they are assigned within the clan.

I don't disagree, but since the game implies it's the clan's quartermaster, and the clan's scout. and the clam's surgeon; I'm sure we can all see the issue.

Roles aren't assigned within the party; they are assigned within the clan.
Sure, but making the clan's op quartermaster quartermaster for the entire clan is a bit broken, and the clan's op surgeon heal for the entire clan flat out doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps the solution here is to make these roles be assigned on a per-party basis instead of per-clan.

Sure, but making the clan's op quartermaster quartermaster for the entire clan is a bit broken, and the clan's op surgeon heal for the entire clan flat out doesn't make any sense.

Perhaps the solution here is to make these roles be assigned on a per-party basis instead of per-clan.

Yep, thats the issue here I think. It looks like a Clan wide role, but is actually just for your party(which makes a lot more sense). Either label it as such, or make it an option for every party like you suggested.(I would prefer that too)

Thanks for all the input, I understand now a bit better how it works. Its still strange that my party size stays the same when I give that role to someone else in my party, but maybe there are other factors. I am only Clan lvl2 yet, maybe that limits the party size so much that I dont see a difference yet.

Back
Top Bottom