How does tribute work

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone know how Peace/Tribute currently work?

Seems abit strange to me when we are winning the war on every point apart from 'casualty' and we are the one that's going to pay tribute if we propose peace. At the time of the screenshot, we also have waaay more prisoners than (3) listed because we just won a huge battle.

Maybe it's because we was in wars with other Kingdoms so if we wanted peace to focus on Battania, we had to pay for it. But we was at war with the Khuzaits and Battanians and they was at war with us and the Battanians so it was even.

Also, anyone been able to propose peace as soon as another kingdom declares war on them? A few times I managed to propose peace as soon as being declared war on to avoid wars on multiple fronts.

The enemy you are proposing peace on should have a say on accepting the peace, it shouldn't be just because accepted because it's agreed on by your own kingdom. Obviously to stop kingdoms who are winning hard from declining the peace proposal, there should be some sort of system in place. A system that I can not think up of.. Lol

Not exactly sure, I know the Aserai are paying tribute to the Vladians. I get like 14 coins maybe from that. I also noticed that when we were fighting the khuzaits to propose peace and pay tribute, but it went away after we took out some more of their armies. I guess if it seems you really need to make pease the tribute option comes up.

Still the same war here, we are clearly winning the war and the Khuzaits have barely any vassals around (because the ones we have as prisoners) to gather a large enough army, and even then it's just mostly recruits.
I feel that they should be begging us for peace instead of us just proposing for a tribute-free peace went the war is going in our advantage so greatly.
I know the tribute system is still new so maybe they can fix this part soon.

I'm pretty sure that "Casualties Inflicted" should be read as "Casualties Suffered". In the repeated wars with Southern Empire my Khusaiti group consistently out-battles the others (because of me, of course!) and I see that over repeated views of this screen, S.Empire strength is declining faster than ours while "Casualties Inflicted" are rising faster. So, WigglyTapeWorm, I infer you are winning on Casualties, too, in your war.

You're winning on the casualties too. As poster above stated, casualty numbers = how much you lost.
And yes, diplomacy as well as economy and most other things in the game have no sense whatsoever yet.

I'm more curious as to whether you can simply stop tribute without declaring war, or being declared on.

Back
Top Bottom