Knight at Arms
It looks like their plan is just to make each map big enough that you could have entire battles on just a small part of it. So for example in the one we saw; there was a whole mountain range and a forest in that zone we never even saw.All are very good points. To decrease repetitveness, maybe they will need to divide the map into even more smaller pieces, and add bigger battlefields such that spawn positions will nearly never be the same.
Now I have a few question, too.
1) On the video, even though there is not a bridge anywhere near between the parties, on the battle map, they seem to spawn on different sides of the bridge. Is this accuracy normal?
2) Will the battle maps be bigger?
3) Will spawn points be predefined, or will they really take into account the directions the parties are facing when they engage on campaign map?
It looks to be a very impressive feature.
As for your questions:
1) I assume what it will do is pick out the area around where the battle was centred then push the attacking party back in the direction it came from... or something along those lines.
2) Looks so.
3) Spawn points will take account of the directions the parties were facing; this was stated in one of the update blogs.