How does everyone feel about the recent patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

@AVRC It would be great if you could remove the randomness from the perks. I understand that arguing to remove perks is out of the question, but the least we can do is make the game balanced, no? Perks such as 100% bonus dmg to horses and swing speed are just a little too much.

Or just make it somehow visualize it. Random 100 dmg hits to horses from swords cause he has the divine power of more horse dmg with every weapon and not just Spears. And of course if voulge picks battle joy I can drop my weapons and surrender my life

Or just make it somehow visualize it. Random 100 dmg hits to horses from swords cause he has the divine power of more horse dmg with every weapon and not just Spears. And of course if voulge picks battle joy I can drop my weapons and surrender my life
Precisely.

@AVRC It would be great if you could remove the randomness from the perks. I understand that arguing to remove perks is out of the question, but the least we can do is make the game balanced, no? Perks such as 100% bonus dmg to horses and swing speed are just a little too much.
Cav breaker is much needed addition for cavalrys to not consequently facehug infs and randomly stabbing while they cant damage the horse at all. Unfortunately light cav is punished way harder than heavy cavalry.

And of course if voulge picks battle joy I can drop my weapons and surrender my life
Shocks are fun right? But don't mention it too much, otherwise they'll get back cru$hthrough.

They cant visualise it without breaking the "realism" factor. One of the 2 has to go.

Cav breaker is much needed addition for cavalrys to not consequently facehug infs and randomly stabbing while they cant damage the horse at all. Unfortunately light cav is punished way harder than heavy cavalry.
The facehugging is fixed, but its only fixed if you have the perk, making it rock paper scissors. Id argue if a cavalry is stuck next to an infantry who hits with his sword, the cav should lose anyway.
If a cavalryman runs down at a spear infantry, the matchup is still a toss up as far as I've seen. If the cav gets stopped, hes dead. If the inf softspots (still happens) or slightly misses the timing, the infantry dies. Mostly because of the insane differences in speed of horses, and the fact that infantry attacks release seems slower than cavalry.
Cavalry vs Infantry isnt fixed, the patch just massively punish bad cavalry against one spesific class, and one spesific perk, and one spesific weapon.

My problem is mainly with two handers, specifically the battanian improved armor falx that's incredibly fast, and the Vlandian voulg. The up attacks seem funky but I haven't noticed a negative impact from it, the animation seems weird though. But, my issue is that they are overused on siege and in great numbers can be heavily abused.

One could argue a good counter would be archers, and they are to an extent but when there's five archers dealing with 20 voulg's and consider their speed / damage buff you aren't in a good position to win.

Best Solution for this is to give all Spears a Bonus Dmg against Horses (Like the Bonus against shields for Axes) so you still have the cavalry Breaker without a passive Perk
The damage spear deal to cavalry right now should've been there from the start, I agree.
It would've prevented much pain and probably half a year of throwing BS.

I personally would suggest:
  • Reducing Cav breaker bonus dmg to 75% instead of 100%
    • Classes like the Sturgia Warrior with shorter spears --> 75% to 50%
  • Vlandia voulgier
    • Armor padding has such a weird use case.. de facto it's not used anyway since if you play against Vlandia you know that everyone is going to pick Voulgier instead of Sergeants, so there is no point in picking a mace (blunt dmg) at all.
    • Remove "axe trait" from the Voulge (weapon), it destroys even good shields with like 3 hits right now.
    • Replace "Battle joy" with "Shield breaker" instead
    • Reduce %melee dmg reduction to 10% (Armor padding can be like 20% or keep that blunt thing on it)
    • (Maybe even consider reducing Voulge weapon speed by 3-4, depending on which changes would be implemented)
  • Empire Menavlion Infantry
    • A Menavlion manges it right now to onehit every horse in the game with a single stab. That might be intended but shouldn't be the case in my opinion. At least nerf cav breaker to 50% (speedbonus and bonus dmg against mounts)
    • Not sure about Shield breaker.. rather seems to be useless on a menavlion right now? Maybe increase the dmg against shield by 10% to 30% (Correct me if I am wrong)
    • (Just a general comment: Not picking "Improved armor" and picking "Shield breaker" or "Armor padding" still allows you to be onehit by an 1h axe. Not sure if intended or not)
A general comments to the new kicks:
If the kick range would be "100" right now kicks would have a ghost range of at least 5-10 right now (they also had it before but it's much more noticable right now imo).

I'm not a huge fan of passive perks - but not terribly against them. i do think they should occupy a 3rd perk slot though - separate from the equipment options.

Shocks are fun right? But don't mention it too much, otherwise they'll get back cru$hthrough.
Yeah but I rather have this be a buff to damage of spears against cav in general. This perk is just dumb and doesn't make any sense

Hit detection this patch is terrible in my opinion, and this goes for multiple things though primarily in relation to blocking. In the last patch you could just turn your character with a side block to stop an incoming attack from the opposite side but now it rarely works and idk if its because of my ping or this patch, though since I was able to do it easily last patch id say its the later.

I would prefer perks for only for weapons, horses and armour, not to do with the characters action, such as increasing swing speed, as someone can just pick up any weapon from the ground and be able to swing faster than what it normally does. I would like some pros and cons when having specific weapons, horses and armour, such as:

• Equip Heavy Armour - increases armour value but decreases speed
  • Equip Long Sword - Increases range but decreases speed
  • Equip Short Sword - Increases speed but decreases damage
  • Equip heavy horse - increases armour but decreases speed
etc.

Patch is good. However, all swing speed passive perks must be removed to balance the game. Battle joy and duelist perks are broken and have to go.

I think overall the patch has been really good! Definitely a massive step in the right direction:

The good stuff:

Duel mode is awesome - have sunk a bunch of hours in already and it's great

Cav are now mortal! - Feels amazing to be able to actually hit cav again and sometimes even defeat them.

Kick isn't as abusable - The kick could do with further nerfing, that said it's no longer the titanic heat-seeking missile it used to be. Thank the lord.

CAV ARE NOW MORTAL - Had to put this in again, cav were so outrageously powerful and broken it really does feel so good it's possible to engage them in combat now.

Range buff - I know this will be unpopular but I like the buff to ranged units - especially considering how unbalanced shock troopers are at the moment.

The bad stuff:

2 handers still broken - Yep, crazy swing speed and phone-booth style range for the voulge, menav and falx weapons that never seem to wiff/bump off armour is still a big problem but I'm hopeful that this can be addressed in the future.

Shock troopers too fast - linked to the above but when shock troopers move so much faster than other units and have a speed and have a reach advantage it makes engaging them in combat very very difficult - hopefully the 2 handed nerf will sort this out, if it ever arrives.

Language filter - Yep, this is kind of meme level bad...Half of what I type gets blurred out and I pretty much never use swear words. FIlter is way to aggressive. Another silly example is you can try and talk about the bastard sword/axe which are in the game and that also gets blurred. That said please continue to blur everything I say if it means that I get to continue to fight Cav that are no longer hyper speed armoured tanks that cannot be hurt or stopped.

OVerall. YEAH IT'S GOOD YAYYY

Removing lots of throwing is a change for the better, now it seems 2h are busted they should be slower and do less damage. I really dont like the class system still and it keeps showing how trashy it is.
Btw a nice idea by Hairless was to make 2h classes generally very well armoured but slower then the rest of infantry. That would help gameplay a lot, and make much more sense then what we have now.

It’s a step in the right direction, though haven’t played enough to make a actual decision. Combat changes glitch out some animations though. Overall though, in the little I’ve played i feel that my dueling has improved from the patch

Back
Top Bottom