how do you think the imperial state stacks up

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Dualhammers said:
1x1General1x1 said:
The Celts aren't dead they are just part of the united kingdom, have you ever heard of Scottish people?
Also, the Saxons had control of Britain and later were taken over, that doesn't mean they were all killed, they just melded into another civilization.
Of course, Britain and its peoples have long since been unified by force, that doesn't mean that all of there descendants were killed off.
My father's side of my family has traced our lineage back before the christian era, look up a book by the name "The Clan Linn." My people weren't killed off we were just assimilated into other countries. Obviously, your only knowledge of ancient cultures are that of your people only, not much of there neighbors. And yes, Britain and Sweden can be considered neighbors because of the invention of boats. I say this because I know that you would try a snappy little comeback about the whole neighbors thing.

Well, wouldn't that make you half British and half Scottish? I mean seriously, I could go around saying im 50% neanderthal. Doesn't mean anyone would believe me, but it's true  :wink:

Can you please then answer me why it is still the norm to declare oneself decedent of Anglo-saxon blood, or is the accepted anthropological definition wrong?

Touche', good sir. Though I think that is pretty much like calling yourself Caucasion, (I'm still on a fierce search for Caucasia) so thats a bit invalid. Oh, if anyone wanted to know, I'm Swedish, French, Blackfoot, and... a bit of Irish, where I get my red highlights. So there.  :grin:

Not really, because the Anglo-Saxon is a subsection of the greater Caucasoid: the Caucasoid is peoples with certain traits indigenous to Europe, North Africa, Southwest Asia and parts of South Asia, where-as Anglo-Saxon is a subsection of Caucasoid from primarily Europe. 

Could we please stop with all these Imperial State questions?

k, this will be my only one, i swear  :mrgreen:
But apparently you have never faced the Lion Throne while in the service of the Kaiser.

coincidentally the only people the IS are fighting is the lion throne(I hope they make it through this, everyone is picking on them lol) when i accepted the merc contract, so i fight plenty of them...sure, its usually 200+ vs 50, but still  :oops:, in fights where our numbers where mostly comparable we had like 10 dead with their entire force wiped out

READ THIS:

[quote author=D'Sparil on October 27, 2007]So, this started as a modification of vanilla for personal use. My initial idea was to set vanilla in the Renaissance era, but somehow the whole idea was twisted somewhere along the way (I blame beer), and it ended being more of a "Warhammer" kind of thing, factions, completely different from each other, fighting among themselves. Anyways, I made it just for fun, this is basically M&B, the way I like to play it.[/quote]

Where that quote came from:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,28183.0.html

That should help.

Celts are a much broader group than Scotland. Try the entire British Isles, most of Gaul, the Iberian peninsula...

Imperial State needs mercenary support for things like sieges and such, but in field battles in favorable terrain, I've found there isn't much better than a battery of Imperial Guards to the face to stop an oncoming force.

The Imperial State is definetly the best faction for me.
Nobody has a chance on open field against them. Everyone gets slaughtered by my guards, repeater gunners and cannoneers.
It is always funny to see a stupid Cavalry of the Radiant Cross flying from his horse because he wanted to charge my men.
The State's cavalry is rather useless, because they can't fire like crazy, but the lances of the Ulans can block off some enemies.

Siege attacks are a piece of cake, because you can kill everyone from the outside and the cannoneer can kill 10 persons with 1 good shot.
Defences are difficult, because the Imperials are weak melee fighters and only the Ulans can hold off enemies attacking from the ladder.

I liked using the I.S., but I could never use their cavalry right. They would always end up dead, somehow. I like the heavy cavalry of Swadia and the Vaegirs, or the ranged cavalry of Lauria a lot more.

The Kaiser in all of his Genius had already devised a way to thwart the pesky shields. He created repeater gunners which tear apart his enemies Shields and allow the guards and cannonners to tear apart the advancing unit. And if the brave matyrs of the Lion Throne made it to the Kaiser's precious gunners he could send forth his Uhlans to charge the enemy.

I must just be an oddball in that I like all of them equally. My armies consist of units acros all thre factions :smile:

Inquizitor said:
I must just be an oddball in that I like all of them equally. My armies consist of units acros all thre factions :smile:

So what are you the bane of Bandits or something?  :lol:

Or do you have a rebel castle in every nation?

I'm a strait out mercenary.  I commit as a mercenary unit for one lord for a while then move on. I've also noticed that conquered villages still let you recruit their origional factions units.  Plus I can still go around to other factions I'm neutral with and recruit. 

EDIT:  I'm currently working with the Ormeli so most of my units do come from them and the captured Lions throne downs.  I head over to Swadia and Imperial lands on occasion to pick up some units as well.  Currently I got bored with the lions throne war and started exploring the Veigir area.  Fought some cossacks and picked up some extra units.  If I remember right I moved into Laurwhateveritscalled lands and picked up a few recruits there and am looking to hire some special mercs in the nearby tavern.

I had some nice swordsmen mercenarios for a long time but they ended up getting killed in teh war with the lions throne.

I'm Welsh, so I chose the Imps because they fit my idea of warfare. Standing on a hill and shooting stuff at people.

To be honest I don't think the Imperial State really fits, and are rather boring after a while, fighting against or as.

I don't know, running the gauntlet as smoke obscures the Imperial State line, with bullets lashing out all around you, and great plumes of smoke bursting up as the cannoneers fire their great weapons is kinda exciting. Tis all kinds of great fun  :grin:

Tzsak said:
To be honest I don't think the Imperial State really fits, and are rather boring after a while, fighting against or as.

Things that will never be out of the mod, regardless of how many people ***** about it:

-Hand Cannon
-Imperial State.

End of discussion.

I like to play as an Imperial State Vassal but I find it more fun to ride over them on my Lion Throne warhorse alongside my Radiant Cross Brethren.

My expeditionary force of 95 cavalry (mainly Swadian Knights and Demi-Lances, with companions and a few turncoat Imp Uhlans and Curassiers) has no problem with the Imps 90% of the time, with battlesize 100 and AI set on good.  We just ride in on their flank using hills as cover.  This works best when some foolish allies are doing a Lord Cardigan and charging straight into their guns, of course. 

When attacking alone, if the terrain is not working to my advantage, there's a small chance the Imps can get off a volley and take out a few of my companions, troops or myself before the charge hits home.  Cannoneers are the ones to worry about here.

Once we've hit their lines, it's all over but the funerals.

Back
Top Bottom