how do you think the imperial state stacks up

Users who are viewing this thread

Barrel-roll

Recruit
I've just gotten this game and find this mod much more fun than vanilla..

How high up would you rank them? They're guys have very short lives but they can decimate other forces. I especially love to park them on a hill and watch the ensuing blood bath as footmen crawl towards them :mrgreen:

course i haven't gotten into any fights with the other armies where they weren't horribly outnumbered or vice versa for me to really tell.

Could we please stop with all these Imperial State questions?
But apparently you have never faced the Lion Throne while in the service of the Kaiser. Their shields soak up a majority of the volley's, so when they finally get to your troops, its a massacre. That and a Ormeli Cavalry charge, supported by a Jannissary firing line, is also extremely effective against the Imperial State.
But, even though all the factions are pretty well balanced, I'd give the I.S. a 7/10.

1x1General1x1 said:
10/10 for the LION THRONE!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!  :mrgreen: :lol:

Yeah!!!! FOR THE WIN!!!
So says Third Deva of Filaharn Celahorn Augusto  :grin:

*EDIT*

Speaking of which, I'm going to make my very own sub-forum for him, providing a detailed account on his escapades.

But if you and some cavalry ride around the Brigadiers, shooting and distracting them, they become a lot less effective. Their sheilds don't do so well when they have their backs to your soldiers...

Oh and...
go Lauria! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo! So says Sir Francisco, the wealthy, cowardly son of a nobleman.

Toffey said:
But if you and some cavalry ride around the Brigadiers, shooting and distracting them, they become a lot less effective. Their sheilds don't do so well when they have their backs to your soldiers...

Oh and...
go Lauria! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo! So says Sir Francisco, the wealthy, cowardly son of a nobleman.

Well, you would have to be a fool to use a Lion Throne army consisting of only Brigadiers, so an army in the style of the Ormelis isn't that overwhelming when you have ranged cavalry of your own, along with gunther-piedmont and kara-khitan support.

PS. Lauria is my second favorite.  :mrgreen:

1x1General1x1 said:
Toffey said:

Oh and...

Well, you would have to be a fool to use a Lion Throne army consisting of only Brigadiers, so an army in the style of the Ormelis isn't that overwhelming when you have ranged cavalry of your own, along with gunther-piedmont and kara-khitan support.

PS. Lauria is my second favorite.  :mrgreen:

My list goes like this:
(Soon) Halmar
Lion Throne
Ormeli
Swadia
Imperial State
(soon) Ducal
Vaegirs
Laurian Kingdom

I'm sorry, I tried the Laurians and I just couldn't find anything that worked for me. Also, Halmar is on the top of my list, mainly because I just have to stick to my heritage. But what the hell, Halmar is a religiously flexible country, so it shouldn't be rare to find a man of the Filaharn faith  :grin:
Who knows, maybe the Halmar's will convert... in due time. MWAHAHAHA!!!

Well, I can't say yet for the new groups but my top three are LT, Laurians, and Ormeli.
It's surprising how fun an all foot Ormeli army can be, kinda difficult at times but it can create some serious chaos, Yayas and Cannoneer Janissary.  :mrgreen: :grin: :twisted:

Also, my heritage isn't really in the mod as I am half Celt and half Saxon...

1x1General1x1 said:
Well, I can't say yet for the new groups but my top three are LT, Laurians, and Ormeli.
It's surprising how fun an all foot Ormeli army can be, kinda difficult at times but it can create some serious chaos, Yayas and Cannoneer Janissary.  :mrgreen: :grin: :twisted:

Also, my heritage isn't really in the mod as I am half Celt and half Saxon...

Your 100% sire of two dead civilizations? Are you saying that either a) Your Celtic/Saxon anscestors were immortal, and then one day finally decided to get it on, resulting in you, or b) Your parents lived in a Lost World were the Saxon/Celtic civilizations lived on, until one day you decided you had enough and joined the internet? Sorry, but I can't really see how that would perpetuate...  :grin:

The Celts aren't dead they are just part of the united kingdom, have you ever heard of Scottish people?
Also, the Saxons had control of Britain and later were taken over, that doesn't mean they were all killed, they just melded into another civilization.
Of course, Britain and its peoples have long since been unified by force, that doesn't mean that all of there descendants were killed off.
My father's side of my family has traced our lineage back before the christian era, look up a book by the name "The Clan Linn." My people weren't killed off we were just assimilated into other countries. Obviously, your only knowledge of ancient cultures are that of your people only, not much of there neighbors. And yes, Britain and Sweden can be considered neighbors because of the invention of boats. I say this because I know that you would try a snappy little comeback about the whole neighbors thing.

1x1General1x1 said:
The Celts aren't dead they are just part of the united kingdom, have you ever heard of Scottish people?
Also, the Saxons had control of Britain and later were taken over, that doesn't mean they were all killed, they just melded into another civilization.
Of course, Britain and its peoples have long since been unified by force, that doesn't mean that all of there descendants were killed off.
My father's side of my family has traced our lineage back before the christian era, look up a book by the name "The Clan Linn." My people weren't killed off we were just assimilated into other countries. Obviously, your only knowledge of ancient cultures are that of your people only, not much of there neighbors. And yes, Britain and Sweden can be considered neighbors because of the invention of boats. I say this because I know that you would try a snappy little comeback about the whole neighbors thing.

Well, wouldn't that make you half British and half Scottish? I mean seriously, I could go around saying im 50% neanderthal. Doesn't mean anyone would believe me, but it's true  :wink:

Well, for one, Celt refers the original inhabitants whereas the area is now Scotland, so, Scottish could cover it for me but Celtic is more accurate and I like the sound of it more.  :mrgreen:
As for Saxon, they were a later conqueror of Britain, not an original inhabitant, and later they were conquered. They weren't British they were Saxons, and now some of the people that make up those who can consider themselves British have Saxon ancestry, so there nationality is British but they are a Saxon by heritage.
Yeah, I could say that I'm half British and half Scottish, but that wouldn't quite be accurate. Plus, I like saying I'm half Celt and half Saxon, reminds me of my favorite time period, the Medieval.

EDIT:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
...I mean seriously, I could go around saying im 50% neanderthal. Doesn't mean anyone would believe me, but it's true  :wink:
Not everyone can say that, it's kinda cool. Also, it works good for someone who wants to make fun of you. So, only half of you can have the excuse of being stupid and awkward because of being half Neanderthal, what's your excuse for the other half? Not that I would ever say anything like that to my Lion Throne brother.  :twisted:

1x1General1x1 said:
Well, for one, Celt refers the original inhabitants whereas the area is now Scotland, so, Scottish could cover it for me but Celtic is more accurate and I like the sound of it more.  :mrgreen:
As for Saxon, they were a later conqueror of Britain, not an original inhabitant, and later they were conquered. They weren't British they were Saxons, and now some of the people that make up those who can consider themselves British have Saxon ancestry, so there nationality is British but they are a Saxon by heritage.
Yeah, I could say that I'm half British and half Scottish, but that wouldn't quite be accurate. Plus, I like saying I'm half Celt and half Saxon, reminds me of my favorite time period, the Medieval.

Hm. I thought the Saxon's had been conquered by the dawn of the Medieval ages. In fact, I think it actually haralded (did you see what I did there?  :grin:) the transition from the Dark Ages to the Medieval Ages, as the shock units went from heavily armed footmen to heavy knights. But still, using that logic, I could pick my family heritage from any time period I liked then, just as long as it corrosponded with my nationality. So, if I liked, I could be a Viking, or even more exciting, a Swedish Hackapell! Or maybe I could draw on my family name, and say I was descended from a saint (Etienne). Which would be ironic, but impressive all the same.

I see what you mean, but I know what groups of people I descended from. Not saying that you don't. I just mean that I'm not picking out like real specific stuff about my lineage, just the starting peoples where my family line started (also, I guess I should mention that my lineage is also drawn from my families name, with what people it began). Now, if you want me to be specific, my people are why Picts Wall was built (a wall built by the Romans to protect the southern lands of Britain they conquered from the constant attacks of my ancestors). BUT, I wasn't worried about bringing that up. I just wanted to say that there really isn't a British like group to the mod and to say what peoples of the United Kingdom I came from. Also, I said reminded me of Medieval times, not that they were in the Medieval age. I used to play Age of Empires 2 when I was a little kid, so to be more accurate, that's exactly what I think about when I bring up my heritage.

Now please, can we end this? I wanna go back to taking L'Renouille (I don't know or really care if I spelled it right) for our Great Lord, Pope Saldian.

1x1General1x1 said:

Well, wouldn't that make you half British and half Scottish? I mean seriously, I could go around saying im 50% neanderthal. Doesn't mean anyone would believe me, but it's true  :wink:

Can you please then answer me why it is still the norm to declare oneself decedent of Anglo-saxon blood, or is the accepted anthropological definition wrong?

Overall, the IS ranks pretty high.

Their main weakness is shields, which enable their enemies to get into poking range, and poking isn't something the Imperial's are good at.  The only way to defend against this with an all-Imperial army is to dismount your cavalry (who are only semi-decent at melee) and hope the gunners wipe out enough of your foes before they escape the slaughter zone.

When facing shielded units, it's best to forgo the volley fire strategy and just let them fire as soon as the enemy is in range.  When it comes to shields, you're best off just pouring as much as you can into them.  Volley fire is devastating against unshielded troops, though.  And looks really cool.

One strategy that works well against infantry is to ride around in circles at a fair distance while your men fire.  Most of the enemy will focus on you, usually.  Just a handy bit of strategery :razz:

Fighting the Imperial state has been tough for me, partly because I'm always outnumbered and partly because I don't do much tactics.

Ooh, and yeah, I am a descendant of Adam, first man  :cool:
Bet no-one here can say that

At the moment I'm with the glorious Imperial State and at war with the Lion Throne who are like wheat to our mighty guns. A cavalry screen keeps their horse from harassing our flanks while cannoneers break formations and let my guards and repeaters complete the blood bath. In sieges we may take loses but sitting outside the walls picking anyone that sticks their heads up off or just starving them out. The States only problem is our small country cannot field the large masses the lion throne can in the long term. (have you seen the size of the lion throne eek!!! :sad:)

As for my bloodline I'm Scottish (Celtic) but I also have Jewish, Norwegian and English blood in my family tree so I'm truly multicultural or is that a rabid mongrel you decide :twisted:

Dualhammers said:
1x1General1x1 said:

Can you please then answer me why it is still the norm to declare oneself decedent of Anglo-saxon blood, or is the accepted anthropological definition wrong?

Touche', good sir. Though I think that is pretty much like calling yourself Caucasion, (I'm still on a fierce search for Caucasia) so thats a bit invalid. Oh, if anyone wanted to know, I'm Swedish, French, Blackfoot, and... a bit of Irish, where I get my red highlights. So there.  :grin:

Bunduqdari said:
Fighting the Imperial state has been tough for me, partly because I'm always outnumbered and partly because I don't do much tactics.

Ooh, and yeah, I am a descendant of Adam, first man  :cool:
Bet no-one here can say that

Certainly not us space lizards.
You make me sad.  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom