How do you tackle large hideouts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

I have a question, I have several large bandit hideouts, the largest being the image below.

How can I economically remove this bandit camp?

I mean 32 units in 1 area, 56 units in total vs my 10 is a huge advantage their way. Im likely to spawn in and lose very good units with multiple attempts to whittle this down.

Anyone have a strategy?

unknown.png
Stay at the hideout and wait for several days until all but the 4 man group left the hideout. then its just the boss with his 4 mates, thats it. if its packed like that you dont want to attack and delete the hideout.

Hi all,

I have a question, I have several large bandit hideouts, the largest being the image below.

How can I economically remove this bandit camp?

I mean 32 units in 1 area, 56 units in total vs my 10 is a huge advantage their way. Im likely to spawn in and lose very good units with multiple attempts to whittle this down.

Anyone have a strategy?

unknown.png

You have 2 options
1) Cheaply -> If there is a quest in a nearby notable to remove, you can send companion. It might deal with that one.

2) Expensively -> depending on your character skills & gear. If you have sick archers + sick gear, it comes down to tactics. Its very difficult, but depending on the layout of the hideout, you can do a couple of things. But you get all the loot. PS: If you fight just the boss, or its a big hideout, after winning some small parties will go about - try and kill them (usually very hard, 1 or 2 man, they can get away fast... otherwise they setup hideout, but you can ambush it, itll only have 2-4 guys wne setup)

A) keep high ground
B) make units spread out, and stay in an area, and you can draw some small amounts of troops to them to arch (make sure u can dodge well)
C) Don't let your troops fire from far, will aggro other groups of AI. (so hold fire, then open when you can mow them down)
D) Do it slow and methodically, its not a race, its an ambush. You wait until night time on map, so play it like that in game, sneak, take out small groups etc.
E) Put your best troops at the top, if you have amazing archer companions, youre gonna do well.

Back
Top Bottom