How do you modify smd files/ rigged meshes in Blender ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I'm trying to modify a rigged mesh through weight painting in Blender, but I don't know how. I tried a simple save, but it gets saved as a blend file. I try exporting the modified rigged mesh, but instead what gets exported is the original rigged mesh/unmodified rigged mesh. Can any one please tell me how to modify a rigged mesh through weight painting and then exporting it with the modifications to the rigged mesh ? Or at least tell me what am I doing wrong and how to keep the modified rigged mesh and successfully export the modified rigged mesh ?

Last edited:
yes, I use paste rigging to give the rigging to a static mesh, and I already have the armor in the game. The thing is I can't export the modified rigged mesh to openBRF,

Here's how it goes

I open Blender and import the original rigged mesh
I use weight painting in Blender to modify the rigged mesh
I export the modified rigged mesh so it replaces the original rigged mesh in the folder where I keep my smd files

however, every time I open Blender up to see the changes I made through modifying the original rigged mesh
Blender shows me none of the changes I made to the original rigged mesh, all it shows is the original rigged mesh not the modified one

I tried to save the rigged mesh in Blender, but it only gets saved as a blend file
and as I said I try to export the modified rigged mesh, but the only thing that is happening is that the original rigged mesh is being exported with none of the changes I made to the rigged mesh

I hope that was clear, I'm doing my best to have this make sense as best I can

Upvote 0
yes I have, the only solution now is weight painting, which I can't do as long as I don't know how to save changes made to an smd file, I know how to weight paint, but the changes I make through weight painting do not take effect, how do I make them take effect ?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom