How do you marry off your offspring into marriage alliances?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mac122

Recruit
Title is pretty self explanatory, My kids are all adults, 18+, even tried at 21 again, found a clan leader, proposed it, they told me okay they'll consider it, and i should go introduce myself, So I do. I get no related dialogue options with the person I want to marry my kid off to. Returning to their parent also makes no difference, and my kids im trying to marry off also have no dialogue.

I'm unsure if this is broken, I'm missing a step, or if the feature is just incomplete; and it's bothering me way more than it should, I just thought this system sounded so cool when I heard about it. Anyway, thanks!

You might be one of the first people who've played long enough for that mechanic to even appear.
I've only made it in max 2.5 years before having to reset due to game critical bugs.
Could possibly be incomplete at this time.

Well, If I'm being honest, I did father the kids with actual playtime,I wished the feature was in warband, so I sped up and let the game fast forward until the appropriate ages, I was curious to see the feature in action. So yeah I guess maybe they weren't counting on anyone getting that far?

So I also sped up time and waited to see this. Sequence of events: My main character died, I got to choose out of my kids or my wife ( I married Phaea so maybe it's because she was a warrior ) so I played as my kid, played until I died and then got to choose again, repeat cycle, then played as my wife and then I killed her off, upon her death, the last of age family member, you receive a message " you are no longer part of this world"

SO the lineage system IS functional, it just takes absolutely forever to age up, I do hope there are mods to reduce year times.

Out of curiosity how did you find and interact with your kids when they were pre-18 years old? My clan's hometown seems automatically set to Chaikand no matter what culture I select so after they were "born" I couldn't interact with them or find them even when I went to Chaikand.

Would you mind explaining your process and how you got kids in your party at all?

I also forgot to mention that you're able to take your kids (lowest i tried was 1:cool: and have them in your party, you outfit them like a companion and go into battle, you can make them form parties, govern etc too

@Aescon
basically I used the clan tab to see their exact location, use Encyclopedia if you want too, and either ride or teleport to them. They are USUALLY in the keep at the given town.

Alternatively, download the developer console mod from the nexus and the camera will pan right to them with campaign.find_hero theirnamehere if you just want to test it out.

No problem, usually keep, tavern they SHOULDN'T travel unless they have a party, they just sort of appear in keeps like non combatant nobles ( at least in my experience) so I'm not 100%, but that's how I've found them every time; good luck!

Since I can't seem to find them in the dungeons, keep, tavern, or on the streets, despite the encyclopedia saying they're there, I've used my influence to gather the army of the southern empire to capture the city in the hopes of unbugging my kids, thanks for the well wishes

Offspring generation seems to basically be copy and paste of parents respective gender, here's my kids and I. Phaea is their mom, so you can see the resemblance of my daughter to her, and my son to my character. Still cool though!

Here is my family!

@Aescon hmm usually they're right at the top bar when you click on the castle, then keep. maybe it is bugged, try that dev console thing if you still cant find it. you said they're at least 18? Maybe that's it

I just reread your comment - I found their location, went to castle, keep, they were in that bar at the top, clicked and theres talk, and take to party, click that and bam, done. My son is 18, so maybe that is it?

Did this ever get answered? If not, I think I know the answer. I haven't done it yet but I've been given the option, and here's how it went:

Step 1. Got a good reputation with the lord in question.

Step 2. Chose the "proposal that might benefit us both" dialogue option.

Step 3. An option appears to propose a marriage alliance between the clans.

I didn't have any kids at the time, though, so I'm not sure if it actually works or not.

Offspring generation seems to basically be copy and paste of parents respective gender, here's my kids and I. Phaea is their mom, so you can see the resemblance of my daughter to her, and my son to my character. Still cool though!

Here is my family!

I feel like this is a side effect of the fact that women (seem to) have very different facial structures than men, likely to avoid the classic "UGLY WIMMIN" complaint games like these tend to get. In other words, the face keys affecting your character look very different when applied to your daughter. Just a theory though. To be honest, I see you in your daughter's eyes, though. (Maybe it's just the subtle dark circles around the eyes...?) Lovely family! :grin:

Last edited:
@Aescon
Well, you could wait a long time on the max speed and come back in x amount of time, hours likely. Or, download that dev console and do campaign.multiply_campaign_speed x. I would highly recommend going up in small increments like 10-50, depending how good your PC is. I usually do about 400/450 it passes about two days a second. I made a character to try this out, but at least make a backup save just in case. Factions will still wage war and conquest. I recommend going into a city with a bunch of food of the strongest army so you don't get besieged and interrupted.

@Michael Bolton
See, when i choose the proposal option, nothing of that sort comes up. Only items and Money are available to trade, would it be too much to ask for to get a screenshot? There is that separate option specifying an alliance through marriage, but clicking it, selecting my candidate, they tell me to introduce myself to them,and theyre considering a number of people; but after THAT dialogue, there is nothing else, ot even when i speak to their candidate.

Also yeah you probably are right. Maybe it would be easier to tell with a couple who has more contrast, My character and his wife are both dirty blone, blue/green eyes, and fairly pale white after all lol. Thanks by the way!

also rip at that photo quality, wish you could upload a pic from PC to the forum itself

Back
Top Bottom