How do you make enough money ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
I've been trying to play this mod, but once I get some cavalry troops, it costs me too much. It seems like the loot is really bad and doesn't earn me a lot of money like it does in some oter mods.

So I was wondering...

How do all of you support armies of more than 100 people + a few regiments yourself ? (without cheating)

Money - Go to tournaments . Hunt sea raiders for loot since they give the most except lords and kings . Upgrade your loot level . From fiefs . Edicts to boost fiefs economy .

Armies of more than 100 people - Upgrade your charisma . Upgrade leadership . Level up .

Regiments - Mercenaries . Talk to one of your troops and there is an option - Split or something of sort . Call your lords .

So this is all that i can think of NOW .

Thanks.

One thing though. Regiments cost even more than standard troops, so you're spending even more...
Sea Raiders still do not provide that much loot. I think I'll try getting a better trade and looting skill.

If yer going to remain neutral, travelling between tournaments and working for guildmasters can really help ends meet. If you're going to join a faction befriend everyone  or atleast very many so when your faction takes a city you can pull strings to have it given to you. Then all you're economical grievances will be solved.

Plundering is a good way to make alot of cash in short time as well, trading can earn you alot of cash if you're good at it as well.
If loot aint enough to cover you're troop costs, try increasing both leadership(to lower troop upkeep) and your looting skill(to get more valueable loot more often). And if you are using cavalry like you said, you wont need to have many. Maybe 40 at the most, depending on wich team. Swads or Sarranids = dont need many as their cav is awesome if used properly.

But yeah taking over a city is your best bet, it gives alot in rents and tarriffs. And I recommend investing in businesses allover your factions cities. That can earn you alot of helpful income.

Im the lord of both Veluca and Praven , I constantly have a moving army of 100'ish. Usually dont need that many though. And ive got 550-600 in total troops in both cities. And Im still going positive at the end of the week with maybe 2,5-3,8k depending on how well the cities are doing. That and ive got businesses in both veluca and praven. But also in Dhirim, Uxkhal and Suno.

It's always a good idea to have someone with the looting skill and someone with the trading skill in your party.

Castles and their village will not be able to pay for the garrison, towns are key to making money.

Instead of having regiments running about, stash your troops in fiefs until you need them in the field. That's half wages paid instead of double.

Do you need an army of 100? If you don't, you can keep the spares in a fief until you do.

Version 4.6 has some economic changes and new buildings to increase income.  May need balance tweak later.  Well see.  Perhaps by october it will be ready.  Almost all bugs fixed and new content

I tried 4.6 and found it much better than 4.1, but 4.1 doesn't crash while 4.6 does. I'm guessing something majour happened with the coding for 4.5 and 4.6, becaue I don't get even one crash on 4.1.

Back to the game. I started a new game on 4.1, managed to take a castle, but now I'm getting attacked over and over again, by lors with like 30 lancers and 30 horse archers each and it's very hard not to lose...

Pladio said:
How do you conquer castles with less than 100 people ?
You don't.
Fill up your party when you need more men, for taking a castle or town.
Don't run around with huge parties if you can achieve a decisive victory with fewer men. It's expensive and slows you down.

well, it's already been said. join tournaments, then bet all your money (and win of course)  :wink: you'll get a lot of cash

i found that doing jobs for mercenary guilds also pays good money.

oh, and when you have a castle, slowly convert your troops to your own nation's troops.  they have lower cost than native or mercenary troops.

I don't think I'm going to beat off the invasion, I'm already at day 130 or something and all I have is 1 castle ...
I think the Antaran Elite is great for defense in sieges and any open battles, but waiting to be shot with arrows and bolts while trying to put a siege tower in place is suicide lol.

Trade is underestimated.  Running furs and iron from Vaegirland to Rhodokia can be lucrative, as can running spice from Khergistan to Nordholm and velvet from Rhodokia to Vaegirland.  Beat up sea raiders and deserters on the way for extra.  Sometimes you will actually run towns out of money this way.  You just need good trade and better inventory.
After you get your own towns and have guilds built, investment can make the most money.  If you  time it right, you can get an investment cycle in before payday.  That's important, since the most investment money seems to be made when you invest your entire cash reserves.  Returns of 150% are not too hard, but you can lose it all.  Might pay to have some expensive items in a chest just in case (spice and velvet work well). 
There may also be in investment bug.  On one occasion I invested about 200,000 denars and got 17,000,000 in return.  Invested that again and got 52,000,000.  Must be those Imperial junk bonds.
While mercenaries and regiments are quite useful, they are also quite expensive.

I am at war with the Vaegirs unfortunately, but I have been using trade somewhat too and am slowly learning about the different good prices to buy at.
I finally got my second castle. I still think I'm going to slow and for some reason none of mu people believe in the one even though I'be had a church and chapel in my village for at least three in-game weeks.
Any ideas why ?
I hope I will finally make some money now or at least not lose any because of my fiefs...

macethump said:
Trade is underestimated.  Running furs and iron from Vaegirland to Rhodokia can be lucrative, as can running spice from Khergistan to Nordholm and velvet from Rhodokia to Vaegirland.  Beat up sea raiders and deserters on the way for extra.  Sometimes you will actually run towns out of money this way.  You just need good trade and better inventory.
After you get your own towns and have guilds built, investment can make the most money.  If you  time it right, you can get an investment cycle in before payday.  That's important, since the most investment money seems to be made when you invest your entire cash reserves.  Returns of 150% are not too hard, but you can lose it all.  Might pay to have some expensive items in a chest just in case (spice and velvet work well). 
There may also be in investment bug.  On one occasion I invested about 200,000 denars and got 17,000,000 in return.  Invested that again and got 52,000,000.  Must be those Imperial junk bonds.
While mercenaries and regiments are quite useful, they are also quite expensive.

i got some serious money that way too, i think it's once you have enough guild houses and trading skill that it happens

usually im struggling up to that point - ill loot some villages, get some buildings, payday comes and i go into negative, so i loot some more villages etc. ( i think i played on hard economy setting)

macethump said:
Trade is underestimated.
Don't overlook villages either.  You can get sick bargains at villages sometimes.  Rhodok villages often have wine for under 20 denars, for example.  The Swadian villages near Dhirim have ultra-cheap tools, and the ones near Suno have cheap oil. The Vaegir villages have cheap iron and furs.  The Khergit villages have cheap pottery.  The Nordies have cheap linen and cotton.

If you buy for 20 and sell for 200+, that's a pretty good deal.

only global faith boosts count for faith troops, and even then you need to have some top tier noble troops around to promote

dont hold on to mercs. They are usefull in the beginning, but in the options you can switch around for calradia or homeland troops to recruit, make the most of it, just remember to get rid of any "mercenairy X" troop

also, cut down on garrisons. Try to have only 1 enemy at a time and they will usually attack only 1 castle at a time... your weakest one that has some crack troops and is easiest to defend. Grunwalder castle and Tihr are some of my favorites

Back
Top Bottom