How do you increase your health/HP?

Users who are viewing this thread

HP is irrelevant imo.
Armour works currently, but not well enough.

for example, if I shoot a peasant wearing a potato sack for a shirt with a bow and arrow, he should die straight away, or at least be so wounded that he retreats, or falls on the battlefield wounded. That’s all it should take... 1 arrow.
However, moving up to using the same bow and arrows against the top tier cavalry, I’m actually seeing how effective the armour is, as I’ll only do around 16 damage to said unit.

Thats the simple key here. Top level armour is effective at reducing damage to what you’d expect - 7 or 8 arrows to kill a high tier unit because they’ve got a strong defence.
But it shouldn’t be so effective for low tier units... it shouldn’t be 2-3 arrows (even including a headshot) for guys not wearing helmets, and running around in a potato sack lobbing rocks.

If they addressed the low-end armour issues, the HP issue you’re discussing becomes irrelevant, since it would be based on armour determining the amount of hits you receive, and not the health pool.

HP is irrelevant imo.
Armour works currently, but not well enough.

for example, if I shoot a peasant wearing a potato sack for a shirt with a bow and arrow, he should die straight away, or at least be so wounded that he retreats, or falls on the battlefield wounded. That’s all it should take... 1 arrow.
However, moving up to using the same bow and arrows against the top tier cavalry, I’m actually seeing how effective the armour is, as I’ll only do around 16 damage to said unit.

Thats the simple key here. Top level armour is effective at reducing damage to what you’d expect - 7 or 8 arrows to kill a high tier unit because they’ve got a strong defence.
But it shouldn’t be so effective for low tier units... it shouldn’t be 2-3 arrows (even including a headshot) for guys not wearing helmets, and running around in a potato sack lobbing rocks.

If they addressed the low-end armour issues, the HP issue you’re discussing becomes irrelevant, since it would be based on armour determining the amount of hits you receive, and not the health pool.
I'm totally cool with this way of doing things but then they should either get rid of the crappy health perks or buff them in some way so they are a more meaningful choice.

I think with HP it could be an option in the settings, that way that it could just get enabled and disabled.
Or one could choose between 1HP every 3 levels for all units, or maybe 2 each level, or something between this.

Back
Top Bottom