How do you get your map mod to show up in custom battle

Users who are viewing this thread

bestmods168

Sergeant at Arms
Unable to get map to show up in custom battle. The folder has been saved to all three locations: scene object in native, sandboxcore, and my mod folder.

It doesnt show up in the drop down menu. Before the mod tools came out, i could simply add a new map into one of these folders and they show up in the drop down menu.

Unable to get map to show up in custom battle. The folder has been saved to all three locations: scene object in native, sandboxcore, and my mod folder.

It doesnt show up in the drop down menu. Before the mod tools came out, i could simply add a new map into one of these folders and they show up in the drop down menu.
@FoozleMcDoozle made the following guide:

Upvote 0
Speaking of that guide, I still have no idea what terrain does, so if anyone knows let me know so I can add it to the guide (or add it yourself)

Upvote 0
You have asked the correct person. The person who can answer the majority of xml and bannerlord implementation questions.

If memory serves me right, terrain is the label where the system calculate which maps to load based on player location. Speaking of this, I would like the devs to implement more layers for terrain selection.

-how much percentage of forest in 10% increments.
-multiple terrain tags. A place that has 30% forest, has sand, ocean, steep mountains as tags should load the said map.

Upvote 0
You have asked the correct person. The person who can answer the majority of xml and bannerlord implementation questions.

If memory serves me right, terrain is the label where the system calculate which maps to load based on player location. Speaking of this, I would like the devs to implement more layers for terrain selection.

-how much percentage of forest in 10% increments.
-multiple terrain tags. A place that has 30% forest, has sand, ocean, steep mountains as tags should load the said map.
That is true for the campaign, if you look at the sp_battle_scenes.xml it uses the terrain to determine which map loads based on (I assume) navmesh face ID nearby. But I don't know why that would be relevant for custom battle since you are choosing the scene by hand.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom