How do YOU create troop/troop trees?

Users who are viewing this thread

I know how to edit xml files and create troops/trees, but I can't believe that alt tabbing while using cheat mode to equip your character and then looking up the itens in other xml files is the best method for doing that, it is just too time consuming...

So, what are your methods for editing/creating troops?

As a little bit of extra information for why I am asking that, I am testing ideas on improving mercenary gameplay and I've created a mercenary guild menu that provides certain services for all and for those that choose to join the guild, like allowing the player to terminate a contract and cash out the remaining influence and recruiting from minor clans depending on relations.

Part of those tests are making minor clans more distinguishable from regular faction parties. When a minor clan enters a town I am exchanging their regular troops for mercenary variants by type, so for example, if the clan is the Company of the Golden Boar then all ranged are exchanged for their own crossbowman and the other types, like infantry and cavalry, are exchanged for the generic mercenaries. I wanted to give minor clans full troop trees so I could make them more balanced and more unique, and I also wanted to provide local mercenaries that were offered according to settlement culture.

I've added a button in the inventory screen to generate the EquipmentRoster xml based on what the character has equipped.

You equip your character as usual and when you're done just click the button and it will generate the xml that represents the set and paste it to your clipboard.

And it will produce this piece of xml that you can paste in your own troop xml

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<EquipmentRoster xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <equipment slot="Item0" id="Item.empire_lance_2_t4" />
  <equipment slot="Item1" id="Item.ironrim_riders_kite_shield" />
  <equipment slot="Item3" id="Item.AR_plumbata_heavy" />
  <equipment slot="Head" id="Item.ao_imperial_guarded_decorated_nasal_helmet" />
  <equipment slot="Body" id="Item.TV_empire_armor_d" />
  <equipment slot="Leg" id="Item.lamellar_plate_boots" />
  <equipment slot="Gloves" id="Item.ao_imperial_decorated_bracers_b" />
  <equipment slot="Cape" id="Item.AR_imperial_shoulders_l" />
  <equipment slot="Horse" id="Item.t2_empire_horse" />
  <equipment slot="HorseHarness" id="Item.imperial_scale_barding" />
</EquipmentRoster>

Special thanks to mylittletantan for this post (sorry, couldn't find your user when tagging so I just put a link to your profile, hope you see this)

If anyone is interested in the code for this let me know and I will post it somewhere.

Upvote 0
I've added a button in the inventory screen to generate the EquipmentRoster xml based on what the character has equipped.

You equip your character as usual and when you're done just click the button and it will generate the xml that represents the set and paste it to your clipboard.

And it will produce this piece of xml that you can paste in your own troop xml

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<EquipmentRoster xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <equipment slot="Item0" id="Item.empire_lance_2_t4" />
  <equipment slot="Item1" id="Item.ironrim_riders_kite_shield" />
  <equipment slot="Item3" id="Item.AR_plumbata_heavy" />
  <equipment slot="Head" id="Item.ao_imperial_guarded_decorated_nasal_helmet" />
  <equipment slot="Body" id="Item.TV_empire_armor_d" />
  <equipment slot="Leg" id="Item.lamellar_plate_boots" />
  <equipment slot="Gloves" id="Item.ao_imperial_decorated_bracers_b" />
  <equipment slot="Cape" id="Item.AR_imperial_shoulders_l" />
  <equipment slot="Horse" id="Item.t2_empire_horse" />
  <equipment slot="HorseHarness" id="Item.imperial_scale_barding" />
</EquipmentRoster>

Special thanks to mylittletantan for this post (sorry, couldn't find your user when tagging so I just put a link to your profile, hope you see this)

If anyone is interested in the code for this let me know and I will post it somewhere.

I would use it for sure :grin:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom