How do you choose your wife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just curious, how do you guys choose your wife??

For me, I prefer a wife in Empire culture, reason is , my first few castle or city is more likely to be in Empire, so a Empire culture wife as governor is preferable choice
Then personality, no bad personality traits like CRUEL or DISHONOR
then, filter out those less skillful wife, like only a few skill sets
I want a wife with great fighting skills and governor skills

Then congratulations!!!!! now I only have two choices to choose, Nadea and Phaea
so I always end up marry these two in all my game campaign, one for myself, and one for my brother

I mean, well, it's boring always to choose these two lady as wife, but they are the best candidates

what do you guys think?

Pretty smart about the culture thing. Always picked one from culture I join and then they are useless for governors in the towns I actually end up using. So dumb that culture of governors matters THAT much to make it practically unviable in many places...

Honestly, I would just pick anyone with decent steward/int skill and are still young enough to have children.

To select my next wife:
  • I try to avoid shield maiden type due I like to have my wife in my party with me, it means I have to disband her party and the kingdom turns a bit weaker with one 'war leader' less.
  • Aside of that if I plan to play as vassal I use to marry with a girl of those kingdom just for role playing.
  • Then I look for good steward/int stats and no bad traits.
And after all these considerations I always get married with Idrun because I am in love with her.

Es7p6daXYAYa75J

I don't get married until I have taken my first town, then I look for someone of the same culture as the town I took so she can be governor.

Then I look for good steward skills and others skills to help with governing.

Then, if I have multiple candidates still meeting criteria, I select the one with the biggest knockers.

I make girl character and marry Kinteg for chance at good captain perks. When I make a man I go for Mila(?) or Abagai for the same reason, but they're not as good. Also I want khuzait heir for the tiny petty speed bonus, since speed beats all.
I use brother for sham marriages to farm equipment, since you don't have to do the annoying dialogue for him. Just go to clan leader, hitch him to whatever RESPECTABLE YOUNG WOMAN they sell you, take her gear and charge her into enemies until she die, repeat. Eventually marry him to a well stated woman capable of leading a HA party or being +security governor after we have some extra gear kits.

I find myself marrying Ira a lot due to roleplay reasons. Perhaps because I play Khuzait or Aserai a lot, my first City almost always ends up being a Southern Empire town. Then I marry Ira for her link to the throne of the Southern Empire. Then I proceed to conquer the Southern Empire while (roleplaying) that I am using Ira's claim to the throne to justify my rulership of the Southern Empire.

I make girl character and marry Kinteg for chance at good captain perks. When I make a man I go for Mila(?) or Abagai for the same reason, but they're not as good. Also I want khuzait heir for the tiny petty speed bonus, since speed beats all.
I use brother for sham marriages to farm equipment, since you don't have to do the annoying dialogue for him. Just go to clan leader, hitch him to whatever RESPECTABLE YOUNG WOMAN they sell you, take her gear and charge her into enemies until she die, repeat. Eventually marry him to a well stated woman capable of leading a HA party or being +security governor after we have some extra gear kits.
very smart move, but too much just to try to kill your brother's wife

and so savage lol

I find myself marrying Ira a lot due to roleplay reasons. Perhaps because I play Khuzait or Aserai a lot, my first City almost always ends up being a Southern Empire town. Then I marry Ira for her link to the throne of the Southern Empire. Then I proceed to conquer the Southern Empire while (roleplaying) that I am using Ira's claim to the throne to justify my rulership of the Southern Empire.
to justify your rulership?? lol you watch too much Game of Thrones

anyone could conquer any land, the only thing is how to avoid the governor culture punishment

I usually play as a female character. Mostly because they start younger, and there seems to be more free husbands early on.

I have a list of favoured husbands in each faction, and tend to marry either and old husband in my own faction, or a young one in a faction who's land I expect to own.

I marry old so that I can marry again relatively young in a faction who's land I hope to own. This is so that I have a good governor prepared who doesn't take up a companion slot.

Other than that, I look for characters with a noble bow (I have a list as per above) And armour that is difficult to buy through rarity (Esp good horse armour).

I usually play as a female character. Mostly because they start younger, and there seems to be more free husbands early on.

I have a list of favoured husbands in each faction, and tend to marry either and old husband in my own faction, or a young one in a faction who's land I expect to own.

I marry old so that I can marry again relatively young in a faction who's land I hope to own. This is so that I have a good governor prepared who doesn't take up a companion slot.

Other than that, I look for characters with a noble bow (I have a list as per above) And armour that is difficult to buy through rarity (Esp good horse armour).
really? if you marry husband, you will own the fiefs he own??
I once play female and marry a lord but never get his fiefs

It doesn't seem to be possible to marry again. I game I was playing had a few widowers from deaths in childbirth, my character among them. The only child was female.

Galyk is on my list for his noble bow... but murphy's law, whenever I marry him into my family, he lives till he's 70. When I don't he dies half a year into the game.

Poor fellow catches a chill when charging into battle unarmoured.

Back
Top Bottom