How do you change LOD on terrain?

Users who are viewing this thread

bestmods168

Sergeant at Arms
Anyone know how to change lod on terrain? I want to see terrain details at a further distance. Before the mod tools came out, I simply just increased the LOD multiplier and LOD was no longer a thing. I'm not concern about hardware limitations. When I zoom out or look into the distance, I want to see details all the way to the background mountains. I've tried increasing the lod multiplier in the tools but it doesn't do anything.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, but to increase the LOD distance in the scene editor, you increase the LOD multiplier in the terrain inspector, under the Terrain Properties dropdown. Now if your talking about increasing the LOD distance for the base game, like in the campaign, then I have no idea, I don't think that is something you can do with the scene editor

Upvote 0
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, but to increase the LOD distance in the scene editor, you increase the LOD multiplier in the terrain inspector, under the Terrain Properties dropdown. Now if your talking about increasing the LOD distance for the base game, like in the campaign, then I have no idea, I don't think that is something you can do with the scene editor

Yeah. That's what I did and nothing changes. Reading the post above mine, seems like it is being worked on.
I think you got my question correct. Paraphase: I want to see vegetation and trees as far as the background image mountains. I want to eliminate the LODs as hardware is not a limitation on my part.

Upvote 0
Oh, trees and vegetation are handled separately than LODs, at least for flora mesh layers, if you look at the flora_kinds.xml you can see the "view_distance" line, if you increase the number there you can increase the view distance for all the flora, though if the flora was added as a prefab by hand then the lod will be handled normally, you can set the lod bias factor to -1 on the object to make lod0 appear across the entire map in that case

Upvote 0
Oh, trees and vegetation are handled separately than LODs, at least for flora mesh layers, if you look at the flora_kinds.xml you can see the "view_distance" line, if you increase the number there you can increase the view distance for all the flora, though if the flora was added as a prefab by hand then the lod will be handled normally, you can set the lod bias factor to -1 on the object to make lod0 appear across the entire map in that case
I'm adding this to my bookmark in case of next couple updates wont improve it enough. I can give it a try later. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom