how do u guys feel about warband dying and bannerlord being a tragic mess

Users who are viewing this thread

im gonna develop a game for 10 years

then im gonna release it in early access for 50 euros

then the multiplayer is gonna be broken with no private servers

Singleplayer games can't die so i don't think that Warband is dying. And SP has always been the focus of Mount & Blade, Napoleonic wars being lonely expection and lot of people want singleplayer campaign for it.

And Bannerlord is early access game. Its way too early to say it will never be good. Maybe you can already see you will never like this game for some reason, but that tells nothing about how good the game is/will be.

Bannerlord is close to great, just need the features they said would be missing to be implemented, some more fixes and balances and its there. its already better than what mount and blade was when that came out, Warband came out 10 years ago and was fun for its time, but while i love it, its an empty shell without mods. Bannerlord will have many of those mod features in its native mode and when mods truly start coming out, it, like modded warband will be the game of the decade.

maybe it isn't finished but the ambitions of it are, and they are wasted potential. I don't need to see 9 months more to know that the past 9 months were a waste of time
Thats on you, you dont know anything about their ambitions, you cant, you can only speculate. If the state of the game now, was their intended endstate, i doubt we would already have seen 10 patches and 2 beta branches, they stated before selling, that features would be missing, to be implemented during ea, and that if that was not for you, that you should hold of on buying, clearly you did not read any of that, even though its on the steam page, thats on you, not their ambitions with the game.

Thats on you, you dont know anything about their ambitions, you cant, you can only speculate. If the state of the game now, was their intended endstate, i doubt we would already have seen 10 patches and 2 beta branches, they stated before selling, that features would be missing, to be implemented during ea, and that if that was not for you, that you should hold of on buying, clearly you did not read any of that, even though its on the steam page, thats on you, not their ambitions with the game.
I didn’t buy the game I received it for free because I won tournaments in multiplayer offering it as a prize. It doesn’t really matter what they promise it’s about what they deliver and I don’t like what they deliver and are set in stone to not change. I’m not interested in single player features being gone I’m disheartened by multiplayer being a downgraded experience to warband. They invited us to alpha and beta test their game (one of the first groups) and we found out some of their ambitions and ideals as a company. Formulas, stonewalling and not listening to their multiplayer community.

I find Bannerlord very enjoyable mechanic wise, the combat is getting better and better. For the rest we just need private servers and maybe player-made Comp mods or else. When will they allow private servers btw?

I find Bannerlord very enjoyable mechanic wise, the combat is getting better and better. For the rest we just need private servers and maybe player-made Comp mods or else. When will they allow private servers btw?

I think they said not during early access and i doubt that EA ends before next year

Bannerlord is not a mess,but as the devs stated a game still in development,and I think for what they achieved so far this installment will be the next step of the series.

The Bannerlord singleplayer is already enjoyable and gets even better until release.
The multiplayer is currently a different case, Im worried about.
But even if warband and bannerlord mp die for whatever reason, we have still a great singleplayer game and thats why I bought it in the first place.

The Bannerlord singleplayer is already enjoyable and gets even better until release.
The multiplayer is currently a different case, Im worried about.
But even if warband and bannerlord mp die for whatever reason, we have still a great singleplayer game and thats why I bought it in the first place.
I like the idea of the SP, but each time I try it I get bored easily. It's also worrying how unfinished it still seems, considering how much time it's been in development. So much of it seems like a placeholder, and it's really easy to find bugs. Maybe there's more I haven't explored, but it feels repetitive, and fighting AI bots isn't really fun. Warband's combat in MP was much more of a marvel in gaming, even if it wasn't as popular.

Others are complaining that TW aren't spending enough time on MP, but I think the sooner they finish the SP, the sooner they'll finish EA (maybe release it on consoles too), and then they can give modding tools and private servers to the community on PC. Once that happens, Bannerlord will hopefully realise its full potential. I'm not sure if TW will do it themselves, because they seem insistent on dumbing it down for broader audiences. M&B's true competitive scene really could have done with a boost to its popularity during Bannerlord's initial release. I was hoping the heyday of IG_Battlegrounds would be recaptured, and that decent servers would be filled several times over 24/7. But, in the end, we don't actually have any Battle servers at all...

Anyway, the new mechanics of Bannerlord are disappointing, but it's still fun to play up to a point, as a casual game in TDM mode. There's more to look forward to still in the future, and at least some servers in Warband continue to be populated. It's not all bad.

Back
Top Bottom