How do minor factions function, what is their point?

Users who are viewing this thread

1) Is it possible to join minor factions?
2) Will they have their own troop trees?
3) What is their relation to the main faction?
4) Can they rebel against the main faction, which would result in a civil war sort of a situation?

1) No
2) Yes
3) There's different relationships, some hostile, some friendly, some mercenary like.
4) Not sure
Interesting that you can't join a minor faction, I remember reading a Sturgia dev blog and they mentioned that those people who would like to play as Norse raiders, vikings etc. will be able to with the Skolderbroda minor faction.
xjsJLPh.jpg

It would be great if they made a dev blog in which they themselves finally answer some of these questions about minor factions..

Rebellions of minor factions don't seem appropriate, as they aren't really part of the main factions politically. Some are outright criminal organisations and will likely be permanently hostile to the main factions.

They also don't own fiefs, but hideouts and thus don't compete for land with main factions.

Interesting that you can't join a minor faction, I remember reading a Sturgia dev blog and they mentioned that those people who would like to play as Norse raiders, vikings etc. will be able to with the Skolderbroda minor faction.
xjsJLPh.jpg

It would be great if they made a dev blog in which they themselves finally answer some of these questions about minor factions..
Hmm weird, I definitely remember hearing that you can't join them, likely because they're clans and not factions, but who knows.

Hmm weird, I definitely remember hearing that you can't join them, likely because they're clans and not factions, but who knows.
I think you are right that you cant join them, i seem to remember something about being able to hire them and maybe trade with them, if relationship allows it, but its not something im certain on. but the could explain what the other guy wrote, if you can have their gear and units, its almost like playing as them. but im pretty sure nothing has been confirmed about it.

Minor factions that you can start as, join, or take over, have their own starting fiefs, with quest-lines that provide unique companions and troops along with items, and have their own unique mechanics and kingdom management styles would greatly improve the game.

Imagine the possibilities; merchants, elite knights, religious cults, assassins, cannibals, pirate, viking minor factions. If not implemented well in the base game, some mod or DLC will do it justice.

I think there's a decent possibility that you'll be able to recruit from their troop roster, perhaps once you've made friends with them by doing quests for their leader(s).
And there's been suggestions that you'll be able to get them to follow you into battle, either as allies and/or as paid mercenaries.
You just can't actually "be" them.
I think they're more like 'major' bandit groups that you can interact with in a deeper way, rather than 'minor' kingdoms.

i don`t see the point to make it not possible to join them.
i hope there are more depth put in to them to make them interesting

Minor factions that you can start as, join, or take over, have their own starting fiefs, with quest-lines that provide unique companions and troops along with items, and have their own unique mechanics and kingdom management styles would greatly improve the game.

Imagine the possibilities; merchants, elite knights, religious cults, assassins, cannibals, pirate, viking minor factions. If not implemented well in the base game, some mod or DLC will do it justice.
That's what I was hoping for...in a way, they'd be like a standard faction with some limited options.

I think a lot of players (like me) would find it interesting joining one of these clans and making a less lordly gameplay. If they don't add this feature, I'm quite sure there will be some mod eventually that lets you join these minor factions like said above. It would be nice to know what's TaleWorlds current point on this question.

TW has to worry about the game balance and flow, which expanded smaller factions could so easily throw off completely. That, and fleshing out all the minor factions in a way that they'd work as a major faction could take more work than it may seem initially.

But I like the idea, especially because:

I'd love to be a son of the forest and take my brothers and sisters all the way to a kingd... uh, a community that has borders and sort-of-a-king-but-not-really-a-king-because-everyones-equally-important-among-the-sons-of-the-forest.

I hope some modder goes on to flesh this idea out if it is not in the base game.

Back
Top Bottom