How do i use my native save games in diplomacy?

Users who are viewing this thread

if you dont exactly now how this is how the game will do it for you:

start a game on diplomacy save it, quit it. Then check you "my document" folder then mount and blade warband savegames. There will now be a folder named "native" and a folder named "diplomacy" copy the save game you need from the native to the diplomacy folder.

Only if you did not save while running diplomacy. diplomacy savegames are not compatible with native

But, of course, you can keep one copy in the native folder, and only the copy within Diplomacy folder will be eventually affected. Anyways, you won't return to native ...  :grin:

Btw i wrote this on notepad after i got it t work earlier.               

How to convert a Native safe file to Diplomacy.

In the Diplomacy folder im modules replace factions.txt, scenes.txt, item_kinds1.txt and troops.txt
with the ones found in the native modules folder.

Once that is done you need to create a savegame folder for diplomacy, for that you need to open it up
in the launch menu instead of Native and create a new savegame, once you have done that you can exit the game and
find your mount and blade savegame folder, once inside a folder named Diplomacy will be there with a save named sg00.sav.

Lastly you need to copy and paste the desired (or all) native savegames into the Diplomacy folder
(there is only 9 savegame slots ingame so make sure u have 9 or less saves in the diplomacy folder)

This is what i did to get the latest version of the mod to work and as im not to experienced with this sort of thing
and I am not entirely sure if this is the best method to do this and i hope it works for you.

EXPLAINATION
I used the warnings as signals as to what i need to do to get this to work, for example it said there was an error with the amount of troops
(conversion issue) so you replace the troops.txt (what the error message was refering to) from diplomacy with the txt file from native this makes
tells the game that everything is ok and you should be good to go. If you get any error messages such as these then i advise u use this method and
hopefully it all goes well.

Good Luck
- Luke

Hello,

sorry for necro'ing this old thread. The tipps above helped so far (thank you!), but somehow all the heraldic items (and therefore shields) are transparent now. Seems a simply copy of the 4 files will break something, somewhere, somehow.

Maybe anyone of all the smart people here knows a fix for that?

Back
Top Bottom