How Do I Tell What Mod Is Causing a Crash?

Users who are viewing this thread

How do I tell what mod is causing a crash? It was working perfectly fine till the new hotfix. Is there anyway to tell what is causing this and what mod is causing it?

Exception information
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
CallStack:
  1. at Helpers.SettlementHelper.NumberOfVolunteersCanBeRecruitedFrom_Patch2(Hero hero, Settlement settlement)
  2. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.AiBehaviors.AiVisitSettlementBehavior.AiHourlyTick(MobileParty mobileParty, PartyThinkParams p)
  3. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`2.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`2 list, T1 t1, T2 t2)
  4. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.AiHourlyTick(MobileParty party, PartyThinkParams partyThinkParams)
  5. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.AiHourlyTick(MobileParty party, PartyThinkParams partyThinkParams)
  6. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.AiBehaviors.AiPartyThinkBehavior.PartyHourlyAiTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
  7. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
  8. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.TickPartialHourlyAi(MobileParty party)
  9. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.TickPartialHourlyAi(MobileParty party)
  10. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.PeriodicTicker`1.PeriodicTickSome(Double timeUnitsElapsed)
  11. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick()
  12. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
  13. at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapState.OnTick(Single dt)
  14. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
  15. at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
  16. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
  17. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick(Single dt)
  18. at TaleWorlds.DotNet.Managed.ApplicationTick_Patch1(Single dt)

Installed Modules

I don't know here, sometimes the crash will mention what it was but i don't see it there. I would check the mods to make sure they are updated to the version you're playing and check the comments in their page on nexus (or wherever) to see if other report bugs. I might start with ones that effect AI party decisions but I don't know which do that.

I don't know here, sometimes the crash will mention what it was but i don't see it there. I would check the mods to make sure they are updated to the version you're playing and check the comments in their page on nexus (or wherever) to see if other report bugs. I might start with ones that effect AI party decisions but I don't know which do that.
There was no problems till the hotfix came out. But I have no idea how to diagnose it.

You have a lot of mods! It's no surprise that your game will crash after a patch. Usually, it's because a mod isn't updated to the version of the game you're using. What I do is, when an update downloads, I either decide to stick to the previous version or get rid of the mods and re-download those that have been updated to the current game version.
I never play with more than 5 or 6 mods at the same time, any more and that's asking for crashes and weird results.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom