How do i select formations?

Users who are viewing this thread

In the party screen i was able to select which group a companion or unit was grouped too or split groups (e.g, Infantry, Cavalry, Archer, Horse Archer) Then we had unnamed groups.

Now i can't find it, did they remove that?

AFAIK this was replaced with the battle deployment system. I think that's stupid and don't understand why we can't have both.

It's especially annoying since my companions are always put in the wrong group.

AFAIK this was replaced with the battle deployment system. I think that's stupid and don't understand why we can't have both.

It's especially annoying since my companions are always put in the wrong group.
I was really hoping that wasn't the case, that's so bad :sad:

It was the "ingenious" new feature of being able to place your units before the battle starts but not being able to assign troops out of battle, introduced in patch 1.7. I read the extensive explanations of the devs back and forth why we needed the battle sliders and could not keep the party screen deployment, but it was not at all convincing for me. Just bad design.

The arguments of the devs were different, more technically/functionally, about problems of effective deployment of soldiers between the formations if the two system were combined. Maybe the real reason was consoles, but that was not on the table then.

"why we need the battle sliders" is clear as day - "we" need more money from publishing the game on consoles and group selection by numbers is not convenient for the consoles unlike the battle sliders
but this is really inconvenient for PC players, I already created a topic regarding that long ago: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...s-from-novice-troops-of-the-same-type.450987/
I don't get how it wouldn't be beneficial for consoles too as you could just add in a drop down menu.

But them removing it really reduces customization of armies, before you could just put your pikemen in with your archers etc or assign companies e.g. your medic guys to archers so they dont die.

Back
Top Bottom