how do I remarry?

Users who are viewing this thread

My wife died in childbirth. I don't have the courtship dialogues with ladies, is there a reason for this? Is there some sort of grieving period before I can remarry?

Thanks

Remarry? You filthy heathen. May your accursed soul be incessantly tortured in the darkest abys of Hades upon your death!

The Emperor Protects!

Remarry? You filthy heathen. May your accursed soul be incessantly tortured in the darkest abys of Hades upon your death!

The Emperor Protects!
Assuming you are not abusing the name of Hades and we are in fact talking about the standards and practices of an ancient Hellenic polytheistic society, I am no heathen, sir.

A quick Wikipedia read offers this little insight into the practice of remarriage in ancient Greece: "Another common reason for marriages to end was if someone was widowed. Women were often made widows when their husbands died in war, men commonly became widows as a result of death during childbirth. It was common for those who were divorced or widowed to be remarried" -- source

I treasured my wonderful Vlandian wife, and now she is gone. I think I'm ready to get back out there.

My question remains. Good day to you.

I'm not aware of a grieving or cool down period, I always can start a new dialogue asap, but I have never had one die in child birth, only combat (on purpose). Since death by baby is somewhat rare it could one of those "rare bugs" we always get updates about :razz:
I would double check that the ladies you spoke to aren't married and also consider re-loading a game before wife died to baby if it's just bugged out. Get her killed by forest bandits if you want a new one :razz:

Assuming you are not abusing the name of Hades and we are in fact talking about the standards and practices of an ancient Hellenic polytheistic society, I am no heathen, sir.

A quick Wikipedia read offers this little insight into the practice of remarriage in ancient Greece: "Another common reason for marriages to end was if someone was widowed. Women were often made widows when their husbands died in war, men commonly became widows as a result of death during childbirth. It was common for those who were divorced or widowed to be remarried" -- source

I treasured my wonderful Vlandian wife, and now she is gone. I think I'm ready to get back out there.

Wow, just wow.
People are really serious these days.

If you treasured her that much why is she dead? *dabs*

Vile jokes aside, it sounds like a bug to me. You might want to make a post in Support as a mod might tell you if it's intended, or if it's a bug they will report it to the devs.

A lame W40K reference. Emperor this, purge that. Low effort, off topic.
Precisely as intended. This was an exercise in futility. Just bored me doing some random whimsical thing for 30 seconds because I could. (immature I know)

The reference at the end was meant to be an overt disclaimer of the deliberately illogical, simplistic and abstract (off topic) nature of the post.

The rationale of @Talgorn in his response to my tomfoolery was comical, because it was so reasonable.

It was intriguing to see how he engaged in chess with my Pidgeon comment. ?

Bold of you to assume that I was not molesting the name of Hades.

Your response is essentially 'by the standards of the Ancient Greeks I am not a heathen'. That means you have indirectly admitted that there are other standards by which you would be classified as a heathen. What do you have to say for yourself... heathen?

Alright I think its best I stop faffing around lest @MadVader and yourself be further subjected to my pointless drivel.

Good day to you as well. I hope you got the issue sorted. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom