How do i increase the minium amount of troops i can recruit from a village?

Users who are viewing this thread

romansrule!

Veteran
How do i increase the minium amount of troops i can recruit from a village?

i'd prefer it, if i recruited people in the 10-20s as opposed to 1-5

Should work with most, unless they've drastically altered recruitment (and if so, then you'll need to ask in that specific module anyway)...and you can check in TweakMB to see the exact .txt numbers that it is changing. But, again, if it doesn't work in TweakMB then likely there's something different and module-specific going on in recruitment and you'll need to ask that mod's maker.

You can use this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg2674819/topicseen.html#msg2674819

Using this will have a few changes **It will take up to 3 ingame days for the changes to take effect, newly captured towns/castles will also take 3 days before the troop change.**

Whatever faction you are serving, that is the troops you will recruit. So if say you are playing as a Nord and you capture Suno, the villages that are attached to Suno will produce Nord troops rather than Swadian after 3 days. Villages currently belonging to other factions will still produce that factions troops.

Depending on which one of those you put in, when you start your own kingdom the villages in your kingdom will produce that factions troops. So if you pick the Vaegir one and start your own kingdom you will recruit Vaegir troops from your factions villages.

And finally the change that you want, this one has a mass recruitment type deal set up, you will recruit anywhere from 3 to 50 troops from a village.

I used to know how to change the troop numbers manually but I forget what it is, if I get time I will compare mine with this one (mine are lowered to normal) and find it.

Also final note, you will never recruit something like say 30 nord warriors. When your relation gets high enough for a recruitment of something higher than recruit it seems to default to the normal recruitment numbers so you may get 10-12 but never a HUGE number.

Edit- If you don't want the changes above I found this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1219966.html#msg1219966

Will teach you how to change how many troops are recruited.

(Just to note, that is exactly what TweakMB is doing for you, without needing to rummage around the .txt files; and if TweakMB can't find it to tweak, then the numbers won't line up like the example from the thread.)

Brigadier said:
Lord Brutus said:
argyre said:
Increasing relationship with a village still works, no?
Increasing relationship with the village increases not only numbers of troops but also troop quality.
What do you mean by troop quality?
That was not a trick answer.  The higher your relationship with, say, a Nord village, the better the troops you can recruit.  You start getting footmen instead of recruits, then you get trained footmen, then warriors, until at the highest level of the relationship, you can get Nord veterans.

I've gotten rhodock sharpshooters from villages that had 100 relations, either you get a few high quality ones or you get like 70 recruits, it's nice!

Mods said:
I've gotten rhodock sharpshooters from villages that had 100 relations, either you get a few high quality ones or you get like 70 recruits, it's nice!

Yes another one of those useless niceties.

I mean by the time you get your relations with a village up to 100 or even high enough to get tier 4-5 troops (I've never gotten 5 before) you are so far into the game that you would likely rather have a huge batch of recruits than you would a half dozen top tier troops because at that point you should only be recruiting to stuff your garrisons so the faster you can do it the better.

Back
Top Bottom