how do I increase bandit spawns?

Users who are viewing this thread

kjeltringen

Sergeant
Hey, Guys.
I am wondering how I can increase spawns of bandit, cause I want more of them.
I have downloaded the MBtweak, but what exactly I have to do is a bit of a mystery to me

If anyone can help me out, I will very much appreciate it

iirc there weren't such an option in MBTweak

what you can do: in Module System file module_scripts.py find script "spawn_bandits"

there're bunch of blocks like:

Code:
       (store_num_parties_of_template, ":num_parties", "pt_mountain_bandits"),
       (lt,":num_parties", 16), #was 14 at mount&blade, 18 in warband, 16 last decision
       (store_random,":spawn_point",num_mountain_bandit_spawn_points),
       (val_add,":spawn_point","p_mountain_bandit_spawn_point"),
       (set_spawn_radius, 25),
       (spawn_around_party,":spawn_point","pt_mountain_bandits"),

second one is the line you're interested in and the '16' is the number you'd want to change...

each of these blocks deal with particular type of bandits (mountain ones in this case), in case actual number on map is lesser than given number (16) new party will be spawned, so you can tweak them all you like

in case you're curious - this script is called from simple_trigger once in every 36 game hours - you may want to decrease this too...

good luck!

Thanks, man.
It seems complicated but it was exactly the help I was looking for.
But how do you get it so "orderly". I am having difficulties viewing the text file. There are just a bunch of numbers.
I am playing warband if that makes a difference.

If by MBTweak you mean TweakMB, there is an option for that.
When you are running TweakMB, after you load your module, select "Parties-size and morale" form the menu on the left side, then select "Bandit max parties" to increase the number of bandit war parties roaming around the map, if that is wish to do. Go to the type of bandit whose number of parties you wish to increase, and type in the new max number of parties you want into the correct line and box. If you want to increase the number of bandits in each party, select "Bandit party sizes", go to the type of bandit whose number of troops per party you wish to increase, and type your new minimum troops per party and maximum troops per party into the correct line and boxes. Remember to always save your changes by clicking "Save changes" before you go to from one page to another, and before you exit TweakMB. A modification that you intended to save is no good if you don't save it.  :smile:

sir_arvondor said:
If by MBTweak you mean TweakMB, there is an option for that.
When you are running TweakMB, after you load your module, select "Parties-size and morale" form the menu on the left side, then select "Bandit max parties" to increase the number of bandit war parties roaming around the map, if that is wish to do. Go to the type of bandit whose number of parties you wish to increase, and type in the new max number of parties you want into the correct line and box. If you want to increase the number of bandits in each party, select "Bandit party sizes", go to the type of bandit whose number of troops per party you wish to increase, and type your new minimum troops per party and maximum troops per party into the correct line and boxes. Remember to always save your changes by clicking "Save changes" before you go to from one page to another, and before you exit TweakMB. A modification that you intended to save is no good if you don't save it.  :smile:

I cannot view maxparties properly. I can only see the "healines" party name, max parties and max parties default. I am using the betamod A clash of Kings 0.5. I think that is the issue because I can view and change the number of parties in native and the diplomacy mod.
Thx for the help though

Back
Top Bottom