How do I import .txt files from a mod and into the module system?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was trying to use the module system in order to edit a script from a module named "Paradigm Worlds". The problem is that I thought that the module system is designed to compile .txt files into .py files that I could understand and edit but it turns out that the module system overwrites the .txt files.

Are there any modding tools that is capable of converting .txt files into .py files?

They are also not really helping you since they are not providing a full module system which you can compile again iirc.
If this were the case, then I may have to figure out how to mod a module without the source code. I was planning to create a sub mod for Paradigm Worlds so I could modify the doomsday mechanic where every doomsday cycle no longer reduces the attributes of the characters.

Upvote 0
If this were the case, then I may have to figure out how to mod a module without the source code. I was planning to create a sub mod for Paradigm Worlds so I could modify the doomsday mechanic where every doomsday cycle no longer reduces the attributes of the characters.
Editing just the text files is very hard but definitely doable. Another option you could consider is contacting the original author and asking for the sourcecode, assuming they are still active...

Upvote 0
You can always contact the creator of the mod and ask if you may make a submod and could have the module system for that. Afaik the mod is still getting actively developed, so he might say no. Then you can only make edits via Morgh's Editor for troops and items but not a lot more.

Edit: Damn, Namakan ninja'd me

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom