How do I enjoy an SP campaign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all, I have been trying to play an Aserai campaign. Once I get a decent party of 20-30 men set up, though, there is nothing to do. Bandits stop showing up, and nobles are too strong for me. Where am I supposed to find rewarding fights? How am I supposed to make money? I'm very interested to know how you guys find ways to enjoy/advance through the early/midgame. All responses are welcome :grin:

Hmmm this is an interesting question i would suggest trying to find a few bandit or extortion quests and get some more high tier units or for an easier time try attacking minor clans set up a caravan or 2 while still having 30 men get to a good balance of around 250k and start expanding the army to 80 or 90 men dont forget to level stewardship in the mean time and by the time you hit 80 or 90 you can fight normal lords and you carry on from there. Of course there is other better ways this is just the way i do it

Hey all, I have been trying to play an Aserai campaign. Once I get a decent party of 20-30 men set up, though, there is nothing to do. Bandits stop showing up, and nobles are too strong for me. Where am I supposed to find rewarding fights? How am I supposed to make money? I'm very interested to know how you guys find ways to enjoy/advance through the early/midgame. All responses are welcome :grin:

Bandits shouldn't really stop showing up, so that's a little odd. Although grinding on them is pretty stale after awhile. You can try beating minor factions, some of them are terrible enough that 20-30 regular T3 troops on your side versus 70-90 on their side is a decent fight without being too risky. Alternatively, you can become a merc and follow your army around (don't join it), then ump into their fights. You keep command of your troops, it builds relations and you get more influence for it.

On that note though, if you have 20-30 high-tier troops, the smaller noble parties probably aren't too much to take on, especially if they are recently spawned.

Tournaments and quests for the villages with noble troops/ almost high enough power notables. Save funds to start a caravan with my first companion.

Then continue that until I want to mercenary for someone, just join armies when you don’t want to quest or tourney for good fight loot, but the potential to be lead to a lost fight.

Eventually become a vassal and start getting fiefs, preferably towns (become a vassal right before a army takes a town to easily get it). Get a couple settlements, help other lords in fights and always release captured ones. Keep using companions to make caravans to stay at a daily profit and use your family for party leaders.

Then at clan lvl 4 become your own kingdom and start recruiting lords, taking landless lords then conquering settlements and giving it to them to ensure they don’t leave. Conquer the world as you see fit

nobles are too strong for me. Where am I supposed to find rewarding fights?
If you have 30 HA you can shred the small sized lord parties. Just position them and fire on approaching enemy then charge them, then go behind and re-position them and repeat. Of course you probably made balanced party.... meaning 1/2 of it will never carry it's own weight(at least until further improvements). Anyways if you rescue your bother and make him you quarter master your PT size can go up to 80ish. But what about moneys?
Tournaments are easy, best to do before you have 30 guys, but still helpful.
Get married, will cost a 3-7K (usually 3-4) but you can get some amazing gear this way and sell unwanted gear for a good starting money!
If you've made a slow useless party, don't be afraid to cut your losses and go smaller and re-build when you've got some cash.
Be a merc and beat up small lords, or don't and be a bully and just beat up small lords of a faction you don't like!
When you're rank 2 (I think) you can be a vassal. It's very possible to just be your clan and take over the world without ever being a vassal, but being a vassal 1st is the intended rout.

Bandits stop at all? Because, if not, for an early game, i like to do that:
Search for a mining village (something like that) for a quest called "workforce", where you are asked to take some prisioners to sell.
You can sell to the quest giver just looters, but if you want more money, you can search for a hideout and get tier higher bandits.
I think its a good way to start making money.
I like to sell horses too, but its better in mid game for a resenable profit,
Tournaments are also fun, BTW.

Once i get a bit of cash rolling out to pay bills and a good sized retinue i become a merc to join armies and get rich with spoils, after a while of bandits + tournaments + field battles and sieges you have enough renown to become a vassal of your chosen kingdom.

Goto Pravend area where the sea raiders hang out. There are usually alot of them across the bridge to fight and they give you some good loot and experience.

When I create char I prolong tutorial to get athletics at least to 125, then I spam tournaments, looters hunting - I dismount to pierce them to get athletics to 200 then I fight from horseback. Meanwhile I invest earned Money to shops - today just wool processing and if nothing else brewery occasionally ironmonger in a faction towns where I intend to join. When in faction most income is from seeling loot and even more from selling prisoners. I almost forgot after geting 200 athl then I start BS with 4 focuses (no need for the last) to get some good unlock for emergency cash shortages. With 4 focuses you will get 225 skill geting End point, before that either Vig or Ctrl but do not level it before athletics for it will get slowed down too much with higher level.

(Most often I join Southern Empire (other Empire factions are usually weaker plus Northern color ...), for Khuzaits is too easy, Vlandia somewhat similar, Aserai is nice with unit roster but that economy and geography is a challenge and I skip Batania (I do not like much that centuries back civ brought to early middle ages (I know Galatians were Celts but they were not stuck in time) I am bit more historicaly oriented to let go) and while I like visually Sturgians it is pointless with them since the beggining.)

To make MUNEH you need a PLAN!
Now I am no Van Der Linde mind level.
But I can make muneh like a Lannister shi*s gold.

Early in the game join as many tournaments as possible as you'll get in between 1K-1.2K denars in profit plus the item.\
Be ware as you fight in arenas or gain renown betting on yourself won't be as profitable as it started.
P.S if you are in a Battanian arena and see a lord or worse CALADOG as your potential rival,you might wanna lower the difficulty of AI combat,as they're pretty much untouchable unless you kite their hits perfectly.

Trading is another safe thing to do.
You can buy cheap food,furs,hardwood,leather and sometimes horses from Tyal and Baltakhand and pretty much sell them anywhere.
If you can't trade properly keep in mind every item as this:I bought furs with 30 I sell them no less than 50.
I can guarantee a safe place to trade,though for starters.
Ortysia-Lageta-Battanian Towns-Vlandian Towns.
You can buy salt,silver & jewelry from Ortysia and sheep & wool from Lageta and sell them to Battanian lands since these 2 are at war early on,you can buy hardwood,clay and grapes and sell them to Vlandia,you can buy Hogs and Olives from Vlandia and sell them to NE and WE or just repeat the cycle.

After you earn 15K you invest in these townsTyal, Baltakhand,Ortongard,Akkalat,Odokh,Onira,Danustica,Lycaron or Poros.
You buy Woolweavery or replace a Velvet weavery for it.
The woolweavery will earn you 250 denars/day once it starts rolling in,should be in a few days.

After this you focus on getting high tier units and join NE,SE or WE as you rebuild the glorious Byzantine Empire and make Khuzaits extinct otherwise they snowball too hard.
Don't play Aserai as their units are trash,unless you go for the Mamelukes cavalry and palace guards,but these 2 alone can't win.
Their life cycle also sucks ass,they get their first archers at T4.
And their highest Foot armor is a T3 dropped from looters.
You can even check their units,they use Khuzait armor all around since devs haven't worked on them as they worked on Empire,Battanian,Sturgian and Khuzait.

I usually do a lot of questing early game. Some of the quests are boring but more interesting ones are worked in. Some of the quests, such as the one that ask you to deal with bandits, will draw in bandit parties for the quests thus improving their ability. It may be that you need to move out of Aserai territory in search of a little more adventure. Bandit camps are always easy targets for a quick fight, as well as tournaments in cities. Don't forget to enter the arena or you won't see if a tournament is going on. I use these a lot to break it up and get some action. Caravan Ambush in the cities and extortion by deserters in villages are good ones if you're looking for a nice fight. They will often challenge you a bit early on, so be ready. The unfortunate thing is the deserters quest has become extremely rare. I can't fathom why they've taken a better quest and decreased its frequency compared to way more boring ones, but my guess is it had to do with some other form of balancing with the issue system.

at that level it's really the deserter party quest that you can fight, maybe poacher quests also.
occasionally you'll find a big looter party or 15-25 bandits.
but in the beginning of the game before renown level 4 your main goal is to boost renown so you can do stuff like join kingdoms or start ur own, and have a decent sized army. best way to get renown is to win battles against greater numbers. meaning if you kill 10 looters with 10 troops you'll get a lot less renown than if you had 0 troop and did it alone. of course doing arena will give renown.
you can choose to declare war on minor factions, just open encyclopedia and check clans, tick the minors. you'll find them. they generally have smaller party size and weaker troops.

Update: I tried you guys' tips, and tbh, this game just doesn't work for me. I want to enjoy this game's SP, but it feels like there's nothing to do.

Back
Top Bottom