how do I disable the HUD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Folks,

Looking to take a bunch of portfolio shots of my maps, how do I disable the HUD?

doesnt matter to me if it is a console, menu or texture change, I just want the entire thing (health, siege icons, timer, gold) gone.

Last edited:
20211010221755-1.jpg
20211010221808-1.jpg

Remember not to multipost; just edit your messages if you have something to add.

Generally, the fastest way (if you have only Warband Native-compatible scenes to showcase) is to use my mod (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/varena-neogk.447294/) in which I allowed to disable the HUD. If you know how, you can add your .sco files to the module and replace some scenes.txt entries in order to see your works in Varena NeoGK.

If you take the longer route (compatible with all M&B engine titles such as WFaS), you must:
  1. know the basics of modding to use the Module System and delete all HUD MP presentations,
  2. alter the game_variables.txt file to get rid of some HUD elements (game_ui prefix) by tweaking their scale,
  3. use OpenBRF to access the core_ui_meshes.brf file to learn about some meshes/ materials and their textures to be modified (by erasing them) if you still have some HUD elements on the screen.
The other thing that might be useful is if you already have the .TXT files configured, you could send them and I could just overwrite mine!
You can compare yours with ones you can find in my module, if you want of course.

Remember not to multipost; just edit your messages if you have something to add.

Generally, the fastest way (if you have only Warband Native-compatible scenes to showcase) is to use my mod (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/varena-neogk.447294/) in which I allowed to disable the HUD. If you know how, you can add your .sco files to the module and replace some scenes.txt entries in order to see your works in Varena NeoGK.

If you take the longer route (compatible with all M&B engine titles such as WFaS), you must:
  1. know the basics of modding to use the Module System and delete all HUD MP presentations,
  2. alter the game_variables.txt file to get rid of some HUD elements (game_ui prefix) by tweaking their scale,
  3. use OpenBRF to access the core_ui_meshes.brf file to learn about some meshes/ materials and their textures to be modified (by erasing them) if you still have some HUD elements on the screen.

You can compare yours with ones you can find in my module, if you want of course.
Thanks a bunch :smile:
I am doing some Warband, some WFAS.
As to the module system, in what part will I find the HUD MP parts to delete?
I haven't used it before.
Thank you for the valuable & helpful answers so far!

As to the module system, in what part will I find the HUD MP parts to delete?
In module_presentations.py delete scripts whose names refer to MP such as score, timer and so on.
Thank you for the valuable & helpful answers so far!
You are welcome!
If you want to make screenshots only use edit mode. Ctrl+E - to enter edit mode. H - to hide HUD. Also you can pause game <Ctrl+F11> with cheat enabled.
In Edit Mode only presentations can be hidden; tweaking game_variables.txt would be needed. @Aldarith, you can take this shorter route if you do not know modding (you can store original values behind a hashtag if you would want to revert stuff in the future).

Back
Top Bottom