How do I convince King Hrorek that Hrodulf is a traitor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mettle

Recruit
Hey fellas,

I'm stuck on this quest. Last 2 playthroughs I just went with the flow, and both times I became an enemy of both these characters after the "3 day head start" expired. This playthrough I tried to keep telling the king this dude is a traitor, but all that happens is I lose his respect.

How do I convince him Hrodulf wants to kill him? Is it even possible? Or are we all destined to become enemies with this place...

Thanks in advance

UPDATE

I'm off to Doccina to talk to some dude. Thanks quest log! Will update later if it works, just in case anyone else is having issues.

UPDDATE!

Yep. I'm pretty sure this quest is just plain bugged. After talking to Thronkrik and saving Doccina from Sven, I was able to prove Hrodulf's betrayal. In the quest log it says "Maybe it's time to talk to him (Hrodulf), or you can go directly to the king to tell him about his betrayal".

So I went to the king, talked to him, and there is simply no quest-related chat option. Nothing. So it seems the impossibility of aligning with the king against the Jarl is clear, whether it be intentional or a bug. Either way, super disappointing, and if anyone can prove me wrong and tell me how to do it, I'd really appreciate it.

Do not despair

Hi, what should have happened is that both of them lose relations with you, the King will not have you cast doubt on Hrudulf (I think that's his name), and Hrudulf gives you 2 days to get out of town. You should take the full 2/3 days, because if you catch a ship, at some expense, you will get a message that comes between hours and I found 3 full days of being told to leave, which takes you back to the village you defended

Hope it works for you.

Thanks for reply,

I'm a little confused. Is this you telling me its not possible to side with the king, and that no matter what I try, I'll always become their enemy?

Idibil said:
Mettle said:
Thanks for reply,

I'm a little confused. Is this you telling me its not possible to side with the king, and that no matter what I try, I'll always become their enemy?

Now, it is time to get your ship :smile:

Lel, but I'm too tired for vagueness  :???: Is this confirmation that its not possible to side with the king?

While you are at it, you might want to try to make sure Hrodulf escapes from you in case you beat him in battle until you leave Danmark in the fleet.  Otherwise holding him as prisoner around will make Solveig's appearance and The Assembly a bit awkward.

Back
Top Bottom