How disappointed are you in % about the current state of developement of Bannerlord?

How disappointed are you in % about the current state of developement of Bannerlord?

• 10%

• 20%

• 30%

• 40%

• 50%

• 60%

• 70%

• 80%

• 90%

• 100%

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not disappointed, I love the game as it is, and since I didn't play warband I have no terms of comparison or reason to be disappointed. I have 800 hours in this game, I play with mods so I don't miss nothing.

The game itself isn't bad, but it's just obvious to everyone how much more it could've been which is the most frustrating part.
I remember the day Bannerlord was announced I was hoping for stuff like co-op campaign, indepth vassal and character systems like from Crusader Kings, much more simulation and immersiveness in general + all the most interesting features from Warband, Viking Conquest and the most popular mods.

Also I see people compare it to Warband arguing that it's better which is just an outright weird argument... It should most certaintly be better given that it is its sequal 10 years in the making made by a team atleast 10 times the size as well with an already established formula of what works and what doesn't.

That being said with the army of white knights and meme reviews giving them a Steam score of 87% positive + millions of sales, they have absolutely no incentive to raise their level of ambition and who can honestly blame them, that's just how all companies are run today.

Last edited:
70%, I feel that at the current stage it should have been much better already and even more I should be able to do some stuff that let's me rolplay you know... I mean, Brytenwalda (later on viking conquest) have some stuff that I totally expected to have in game you know... such as:

-Being able to make a fortified camp and upgrade it
-Being able to sell stuff at that camp (so that I can play more bandit like)
-Unique places to explore and ways to get a permanent bonus for my character (seriously, even warband had books and stuff like that, but at the very least I would like to be able to develop in some additional ways other than just farming skills)
-Additional relationship stuff (cheating and similar stuff)
-Unique items (man, I want some unique named items that are more powerful, having some kind of relics that are equipment would be lovely, even more with a bit of lore, for example the sword of Keladryn the betrayed, giving me some backstory on how he was betrayed then managed to kill all the traitors before finally dying and some stuff like that).

I mean... do I hate the game? nope, but I am disappointed that after such a long development (plus early access) I feel that on the mechanics in the game and stuff to discover Viking conquest feels like a much better game.

I did enjoy a lot warband, especially when it is modded, viking conquest felt like it added all the good stuff I had to mod in and in some aspects even make it better. Then came bannerlord and it makes me feel like they just didn't learn anything out of the mods out there.

You want my opinion on what a perfect bannerlord game should be? combo events from crusader kings into this game, give me more rolplay stuff for my mercenary/bandit/merchant lives, ability to marry a companion, peasant girl... let me have events with my wife and family, even more some complex situations like a clan about to divide, let me get individual renown and that people don't recognize my character based on his clan but on his deeds!. We all know what mount and blade needs, and that is life, rumours and events, war happens and territory changes from the hands on some to others, but feeling like you are living a life in a world that has interesting stuff happening has no price.

P.D: The most hateful part on the current early access are the bandit camps, like seriously? couldn't they just make a few unique camps for the bandits and to have a bigger battle than going in with 5-7 men then killing around 20 bandits?, I feel it's really bad how little development got the bandits.

I’ll never EVER be 100% satisfied with development unless I was the one to push out the features and game.

Voted between 10-20% simply because im impatient and want to see the “Finished, White Gloved Product” before I go and either Ignite my Torch or cavort through the streets joyously over the delivery of promised features.

10% less.
I just don't play late game because it clearly still needs balance and improvement.
And I prefer to enjoy the full experience once the game is fully released.
u don't even play the game anymore and that's only a 10% disappointment? wow i'd hate to see what you are 100% disappointed about

u don't even play the game anymore and that's only a 10% disappointment? wow i'd hate to see what you are 100% disappointed about
Where did you read that I don't play the game anymore?
I don't play long campaign (late game) but still enjoying early-mid game.
We will see how the game evolve but for me current status is ok and I'm not disappointed...
Still a lot of potential and I'm not regretting the money spent.

Communication has dropped off quite a bit recently. However, if it's because they have their heads down working on the patch that's understandable, though they could still at least indicate what's progressing well thus far.

I'm pleased by some of the features that have been implemented in the last half a year, and their Future Plans statement which commits to a decent amount of good features people were asking for, but disappointed in the inability to commit to promised features (the criminal enterprises in alleys) or features that were a part of the series which people expected when they bought Bannerlord (the group of missing Warband features). Instead, we see a long term trend of committing to features which apparently very few people expected or asked for. It's nice to have those things, but surely they should be second priority after stuff TW literally advertises on their Steam store page.

Development has been, as always, too slow for most people's tastes including my own. A lot of major and medium problems which have been with the game since launch a year and a half ago (on top of an eight year development) remain unresolved, and changes in most patches are small to medium. Obviously working from home makes things harder, but the long development even pre-covid makes it clear that's not the whole issue. Maybe TW are holding off certain changes because they'll brick saves- reasonable, but shouldn't be allowed to get in the way too much. Maybe they're perfectionists and want to make the minor details of each system work perfectly before moving onto the next one. There could be an explanation, but either way the game is well overdue for major fixes, and the fix to siege ladders in 1.6.1 and mentioned further fixes to sieges is a big step in the right direction.

Though not yet enough to make up for the flaws, there's also a lot of good things about Bannerlord. TW's time dedicated to making this game work for modders is unusually good compared to other gamedevs. Bannerlord is a major graphical upgrade to M&B, has added many quality of life improvements, and the environments in particular are still stunning even now. The themes for factions, music for taverns and world travel is also top tier amazingly made stuff, though I'm getting a bit sick of the combat music. The UI guy also gets a shoutout for his constant engagement with the community and changes tailored to feedback. Duh communicates directly with us sometimes even though it isn't his job, and does seem to want to please the community, but tempering that with a strong desire to be honest. Overall, you can definitely say that many employees at TW are putting their heart into trying to make a really good game. (One less now though, RIP mexxico)

If I was more interested in multiplayer I'd probably add about 20% to my disappointment. As it is, I'm selfishly glad it isn't being prioritised over SP but feel bad for them.

I have Hope™ that even though progress is slow, if they keep working at their current rate, the game might be an improvement in every way over Warband and good sequel in roughly one more year. Something we will then have been waiting a literal decade for.

TL;DR: there's a lot TW is doing that I like, and a lot that I dislike. 50%.

Of course, if 1.6.3 is good, most of us will be very pleased with TW. But it will need to be really good to change my long-term satisfaction with the state of the game.

Last edited:
Communication has dropped off quite a bit recently. However, if it's because they have their heads down working on the patch that's understandable, though they could still at least indicate what's progressing well thus far.

I'm pleased by some of the features that have been implemented in the last half a year, and their Future Plans statement which commits to a decent amount of good features people were asking for, but disappointed in the inability to commit to promised features (the criminal enterprises in alleys) or features that were a part of the series which people expected when they bought Bannerlord (the group of missing Warband features). Instead, we see a long term trend of committing to features which apparently very few people expected or asked for. It's nice to have those things, but surely they should be second priority after stuff TW literally advertises on their Steam store page.

Development has been, as always, too slow for most people's tastes including my own. A lot of major and medium problems which have been with the game since launch a year and a half ago (on top of an eight year development) remain unresolved, and changes in most patches are small to medium. Obviously working from home makes things harder, but the long development even pre-covid makes it clear that's not the whole issue. Maybe TW are holding off certain changes because they'll brick saves- reasonable, but shouldn't be allowed to get in the way too much. Maybe they're perfectionists and want to make the minor details of each system work perfectly before moving onto the next one. There could be an explanation, but either way the game is well overdue for major fixes, and the fix to siege ladders in 1.6.1 and mentioned further fixes to sieges is a big step in the right direction.

Though not yet enough to make up for the flaws, there's also a lot of good things about Bannerlord. TW's time dedicated to making this game work for modders is unusually good compared to other gamedevs. Bannerlord is a major graphical upgrade to M&B, has added many quality of life improvements, and the environments in particular are still stunning even now. The themes for factions, music for taverns and world travel is also top tier amazingly made stuff, though I'm getting a bit sick of the combat music. The UI guy also gets a shoutout for his constant engagement with the community and changes tailored to feedback. Duh communicates directly with us sometimes even though it isn't his job, and does seem to want to please the community, but tempering that with a strong desire to be honest. Overall, you can definitely say that many employees at TW are putting their heart into trying to make a really good game. (One less now though, RIP mexxico)

If I was more interested in multiplayer I'd probably add about 20% to my disappointment. As it is, I'm selfishly glad it isn't being prioritised over SP but feel bad for them.

I have Hope™ that even though progress is slow, if they keep working at their current rate, the game might be a good sequel to Warband in roughly one more year. Something we will then have been waiting a literal decade for.

TL;DR: there's a lot TW is doing that I like, and a lot that I dislike. 50%.

Of course, if 1.6.3 is good, most of us will be very pleased with TW. But it will need to be really good to change my long-term satisfaction with the state of the game.
+1

I pretty much dropped BL. I only take a look at the boards from tie to time, but I don't see much change. 80% disappointed. (I did play it after all)
Other EA games I picked up feel incomplete but not bungled like this.

I pretty much dropped BL. I only take a look at the boards from tie to time, but I don't see much change. 80% disappointed. (I did play it after all)
Other EA games I picked up feel incomplete but not bungled like this.
Same here, I just check the forums to see if something make me feel interested again in the game... but nothing changes.

I just hoped for BL the battle system of WB with a more immersive world, and what I got is a battle simulator with a plain world without any kind of dialogs, interesting histories, etc

totally disappointed.

P8ilx0e.gif

About 80% disappointed for me. I like the base game or rather what it could be, but over all I'm annoyed by what little is being done and by how slowly what does come out, comes out.

Just look at some of the replies here. They like the game....but they had to mod it. lol

About 80% disappointed for me. I like the base game or rather what it could be, but over all I'm annoyed by what little is being done and by how slowly what does come out, comes out.

Just look at some of the replies here. They like the game....but they had to mod it. lol
Bannerlord failed miserably, no surprises for me, but I'm still waiting on the "complete edition" to properly judge if the base game is good or not, last time I tried it was really bad, and I'm unwilling to spend electricity and internet downloading it again just to "check-out" current state, I'm waiting.

After they FINALLY broke their silence and showed off what's to come I'm not as disappointed. It was just the silence and lack of communication. Showing the roadmap for things to come was the key to restore my faith. It just felt like it wasn't going anywhere before hand.

Back
Top Bottom