How did you liked the mechanism of being King/Emperor

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello all,

I was just wondering if everyone tested this feature or has intention to it: I'm talking about taking over an existing faction.

Like me, I'm the Emperor or the Northern Calradic Empire (finishing the westerns first) --- And of course going reset my game with the new updates, just waiting their fixes.

I really liked that they allowed us to climb to power inside the Kingdom this time, here's what i think:
  1. Time consumming? Hell yes
  2. Rewarding in gameplay? yes
  3. Makes a good Rp history? Hell yes
Now, I know not everything is yet implemented, but I still loved this new ascencion to power.. Of course, carving your own power is rewarding, but it's the most common route.
Anyone else tried?

Ah so the infamous refactor patch... Thank you for your answer! I remember reading it now but I guess I didn't think that we can vote for people other than the ruler clan members. Very cool feature then. I wonder what you have to do to get most of the votes now. Must be a hell of a grind to get relations up with most of the clans.

Ah so the infamous refactor patch... Thank you for your answer! I remember reading it now but I guess I didn't think that we can vote for people other than the ruler clan members. Very cool feature then. I wonder what you have to do to get most of the votes now. Must be a hell of a grind to get relations with most of the clans.
You have to be the most powerful clan basically a lot of money and high clan tier

Ah so the infamous refactor patch... Thank you for your answer! I remember reading it now but I guess I didn't think that we can vote for people other than the ruler clan members. Very cool feature then. I wonder what you have to do to get most of the votes now. Must be a hell of a grind to get relations up with most of the clans.

Just have a pile of money and clan tier.

You have to be the most powerful clan basically a lot of money and high clan tier
That seems a bit easier than grinding relations. But I didn't play in a single campaign enough to get my clan tier to the max I think. It could be a good playthrough to join Sturgia and become their king and save their asses with this feature now. And I have never played with a Sturgian character so it will be a fresh new experience. But waiting for the king to die would be a problem I guess. Or him dying too soon that I cannot be eligible for the throne and waiting for the second king to die.

That seems a bit easier than grinding relations. But I didn't play in a single campaign enough to get my clan tier to the max I think. It could be a good playthrough to join Sturgia and become their king and save their asses with this feature now. And I have never played with a Sturgian character so it will be a fresh new experience. But waiting for the king to die would be a problem I guess. Or him dying too soon that I cannot be eligible for the throne and waiting for the second king to die.
Eh i did it in 1.5 when death in battle was introduced and when i got what i needed i just constantly followed him around until he died and also you still need relations so when you become leader everybody doesnt leave you

Eh i did it in 1.5 when death in battle was introduced and when i got what i needed i just constantly followed him around until he died and also you still need relations so when you become leader everybody doesnt leave you
Clever way to get there but doesn't feel organic to use the NPC death in player battle system. If TW can introduce death in AI battles too, then it could worth a try. I hope more ways of becoming king of an existing faction can be implemented like overthrowing, assassination etc.

Clever way to get there but doesn't feel organic to use the NPC death in player battle system. If TW can introduce death in AI battles too, then it could worth a try. I hope more ways of becoming king of an existing faction can be implemented like overthrowing, assassination etc.
You can do it in other ways too it was just the easiest most player controlled way to do it if you're quick enough you can easily get northern empire or vlandia before derthert or lucon die of old age but yes there could still be more organic ways i was just describing the easiest one and also irl lords used it too but it is a bit cheesy.

You can do it in other ways too it was just the easiest most player controlled way to do it if you're quick enough you can easily get northern empire or vlandia before derthert or lucon die of old age but yes there could still be more organic ways i was just describing the easiest one and also irl lords used it too but it is a bit cheesy.
Yeah I know that you said it because it is the easiest one. Thanks for your help. Going for northern empire or vlandia makes sense as Lucon dies pretty fast in my campaigns. Good idea!

This game is weird, I was a Merc for the Northern Empire for a year, then finally decided to join as a lord. My first battle I got in the king ended up dying in the fight and they instantly elected me as the new ruler, was so confused.

the single player story feature ? If so i didn't liked that feature (havnt tried it yet though ^^) since im better of choosing how i become king or build an empire in an M&B on my own terms of conquering, manipulating or deserving the spot out from heroism and trust. So personally i think that feature was just a waste of time. Relatives however i liked since you can name em and are basic stats you can build on

To tell you honestly, was a surprise to me as well...
But I remember holding Rhotaes, Atonica, gersegos and heroclatea... My clan tier was 5-6

the single player story feature ? If so i didn't liked that feature (havnt tried it yet though ^^) since im better of choosing how i become king or build an empire in an M&B on my own terms of conquering, manipulating or deserving the spot out from heroism and trust. So personally i think that feature was just a waste of time. Relatives however i liked since you can name em and are basic stats you can build on
Who doesn't like the carving the path to power by force? But, I felt more interested on climbing my way there, RP reasons. hahaha

You should give a try, like I said it's time consumming, but worthy it

Who doesn't like the carving the path to power by force? But, I felt more interested on climbing my way there, RP reasons. hahaha

You should give a try, like I said it's time consumming, but worthy it
yeah i will since you mentioned rp reasons then it tingled my curiosity :smile:

In my current campaign an exiled lord of the Banu Sarran became King of Vlandia, only downside to this system. I wish it could be enabled/disabled through policies so dynastic succession was also an option.

Back
Top Bottom