How did you find this wonderful game.

Users who are viewing this thread

As the topic title says. How did you find out about this wonderful game?

I myself was looking for a cool game. I typed in "Looking for a medieval game like runescape, Rise of Nations, and Medieval 2 TW" I found a yahoo post which had a response with a lot of games. I stumbled across one that was called "Mount & Blade". Thinking it was one of those 2-d sidescrolling games, I hesitantly click it. I get captivated by it's simple yet fun design and the amazing story behind it's creation.

How did you find it?

Similar story. I'm not a gamer. I don't buy video games normally, but I am a nut for history, myths, legends, etc.  So one night I got a craving for a more realistic medieval type video game, and started searching around to see what was on the market.

Saw M&B... and passed on it. But it stuck in my head. Couple days later, I downloaded the demo version... and made the mistake of playing in windowed mode, which lead to some really buggy camera behaviour. Like ending up looking at the underside of my horse in the middle of a battle, after a couple wild sword swings. I thought the game was a great idea, but fubar... and dropped in here to the forums to offer constructive criticism.

A couple of forum regulars at the time assured me that was buggy behaviour, and talked me into playing full screen. If my wife knew their names, she would curse them. :wink: I'm a junkie.

I googled "Medieval game where I can command my troops and fight along side them?" and some strange gaming forum came up with someone asking a similar question and they recommended him this game. Downloaded demo, 1 hour later I bought it.

Saw it mentioned a few times on the M2TW forums when I was doing some limited modding there. Forgot about the mention for some time (I'd looked it up a bit before Warband was released, but never downloaded) until I had a hankering for a more personal strategy like experience. Vaguely remembered the mention so went searching for it. Took a while, but found it back and got the Warband demo. Bought it off the Taleworlds site a couple weeks later...I'd not heard of any of these varied digital download services at that point. It was only a few months before I wanted to see what other potential the game had and I started tinkering.

Gowe forced me to play Mount & Blade which in the time i though it was Mountain Blade. Played a bit, wasnt too enthusiastic about it. When the beta came out he let me play on his account. He then Forced me to buy it when the full game was out and after a while when i started getting good at archery, the game sorta grew on me and i fell in love.  :grin:

Found the original while wandering the Best Buy aisles. Looked itup online and found out that it had just come out a week ago. I decided to take a gamble and buy it, and I was so obsessed with it from then on out. When I found out about Warband, I got it the week that it was released too.

wolflo said:
Gowe forced me to play Mount & Blade which in the time i though it was Mountain Blade. Played a bit, wasnt too enthusiastic about it. When the beta came out he let me play on his account. He then Forced me to buy it when the full game was out and after a while when i started getting good at archery, the game sorta grew on me and i fell in love.  :grin:
WAIT!!! Aren't you Bobzillot's little brother or something???

The year was 2007. I was surfing the darkest places of the internet, willing to give away free handjobs for just a few minutes with a quality game. As I was laying there, soaked up in my own urin in the gutter of some dirty forum, I found it... Mountain Blade. Of course I understood the name of the game was Mount & Blade, as I'm not retarded. A whore, sure. But not lacking in brain cells.
I've played the game ever since.

Master Unicorn said:
wolflo said:
WAIT!!! Aren't you Bobzillot's little brother or something???
Well tbh, Bobzillot was me and my older brothers character although since my brother never did get into the game, I was playing as Bobzillot 99% of the times. I then decided to take over and had a name change.

Steam Sale. Picked up all 3 games in a bundle for around $12 US. Was bored of borderlands which I had picked up a number of week previously and this presented itself as a fun cheap alternative. Now i'm pretty much stuck on this game. Best $12 I have spent recently on a game.

My friend told me about the Original Mount & Blade, so I bought it, then I signed up to the Warband Beta which I played a bit, then I got Warband! :razz:

I was wondering like an idiot around the shop. Then I got in and said 'I am going to buy the 1st game that I will pick up at random' :grin:
Guess what it was? :smile:

Back
Top Bottom