How did 1.4.2 change your game experience about PERFORMANCE?

How is last update?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I will write my own experience after i tryied out. For now i haven't that opportunity but ican't stop myself wondering about how different things in last update. And also i bealive there is people waiting for buy the bannerlord but they have doubts about performance issues so your experiences can help for their decisons.

For me it's either didn't change anything or became a little bit worse... I haven't figured it out completely, but what I'm sure of is that I don't feel any improvements in preformance unlike 1.4.1

The game used to run abysmal for me at launch but almost every major patch they brought out had a performance increase for me including this one. I can comfortably play huge battles now which was unthinkable at game launch.

Nothing changed for me generally, but game was running fine for me from day 1. Some strange glitches appeared, like notables portraits not loading sometimes in villages and cities and at some zoom levels Battanian mountains become really really dark, but it's minor inconvenience.

I can feedback only 1.4.1 (trying to avoid betas intentionally)
time for new HW, my AMD A8 7600 + Radeon 550 + 16G RAM seems to have troubles even with the lowest setttings (obviously I am not suprised)
but this is the first time since I played the game that I could not control my character in a battle 800+(500), earlier I could compensate this by decreasing settings but it did not help this time, it happened with everything set to the lowest level and max unit nmr 500
I admit it could be due to the environment where the battle was, town/snow
I know my hardware is weak but for now I cannot have new one unfortunately
maybe I will get at least new graphic card

A bit better on very large battles..... however at the end of battle if I murder my allies, eventually it starts to lag and it will get worse and worse the more I kill like the games getting mad at me. I know this is kind of a weird condition but it's my special way of reducing snowballing.

In case of performance, Im playing on laptop Dell xps 13 (was horrible on the lowest det) and needed to buy eGPU Radeon XFX 580 with 8gb and now i Can play on highest details until battles 300+, then need to change on the lowest or change resolution. Its pretty better than before.
Im wondering about new graphics to have full fun from game but maybe guys from Dev would keep still upgrading performance and i wouldnt have to :smile:

I can play siege with mainly mid settings with some high textures + unlimited corpses. It averages 30-60 fps depending. Before it was far worse, now it is pretty good. I run 4k monitor on old hardware as well. Some AI issues though like siege my troops won't attack door after ram broke through the first one. Sometimes in battle for F6 fights my troops won't charge even if they greatly outnumber the enemy.

Haven't played for quite a while and 1.4.2 so far's been very good performance-wise.
I'd hope they'd remove the loading of the Looters scene. It becomes a point-and-click game and very, very tiring real fast.

How are the siege battles? I haven't done a siege yet, but on with 1000 battle size on high settings I get perfect frame rates after the combat initiates get a lag spike once the lines clash though as usual.

I forgot to mention I play single-player, I guess the performance is lot more demanding on HW in singleplayer
is there any official, or "longer" discussion about the performance on various hardwares? It would be good to see how the game works in "real-world" on various systems..

My sample set is small thus far, but 2 out of the 3 large battles I've fought have caused the game to crash. One froze up my computer. I tried turning of death messages, lowering graphics options etc.

It still appears that something about troops either mass respawning or mass exiting the battlefield causes freeze ups. Unfortunately I do not have additional technical analysis or any idea what the root cause may be.

Personally, I started to play again since taking a break a few patches ago. My performance is good now, I could put battle size up from around 400 all the way up to max 1000. Not sure when the improvements happened, but atm the game runs great for me. I run an i7-3770 with a 1050 ti and 16 GB ram, for anyone interested. It's a dated system.

I have been testing using one of the premade siege battles. It has been very good for me but my system is top end. BUT there is always wild fluctuations of FPS. As low as 30-34 fps. Generally it holds at 50+ fps. As each version is released the fluctuation has become less likely but still happens.

UHD frame size (2160)
max settings on all

14 core i9 9940X
2080ti
64GB of RAM

On 1.4.2 I cant test because I can't find the premade siege battle I previously tested with 1.4.1. I will look again when I have time.

The hot fix has disabled the "Leave Kingdom" button which made me unable to "leave the kingdom and keep all the fiefs". I have tried to find and talk to the clan leader, but the only option is to leave the kingdom and replenish all the fiefs. Would you please fix this?

No change for me, performance in sieges is still terrible. That's the only place I have a low framerate. That's a CPU limitation though and the patch notes said it improved GPU performance so it's to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom