How Could the Dev Team Make Night Time More Interesting?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I was thinking that as you travel around the map, night time is really just a pain in the ass. Everything slows down, arenas in the cities close.
Things just generally stop happening, which is good and realistic but if that is ALL night is in Bannerlord.... then it's kind of shallow.

The only active things I can think of... that you do at night time in the game are the gang of poachers quest or raiding bandit hideouts.

What else could be added?

I hope the devs give us a reason to occasionally walk around a city, I was thinking it would be cool for this to be MUCH more dangerous at night.

More interesting quests from the town gang leaders that must be done at night?

What about other nefarious / evil groups in the game who hang out at points on the map at night? Groups of cultists perhaps?

Any other good ideas?

Last edited:
by making it a bit longer maybe same as daytime to start with :smile: very small chance of ambushing bandits FF style...ill update on the mindroad

I was thinking that as you travel around the map, night time is really just a pain in the ass. Everything slows down, arenas in the cities close.
Things just generally stop happening, which is good and realistic but if that is ALL night is in Bannerlord.... then it's kind of shallow.

The only active things I can think of... that you do at night time in the game are the gang of poachers quest or raiding bandit hideouts.

What else could be added?

I hope the devs give us a reason to occasionally walk around a city, I was thinking it would be cool for this to be MUCH more dangerous at night.

More interesting quests from the town gang leaders that must be done at night?

What about other nefarious / evil groups in the game who hang out at points on the map at night? Groups of cultists perhaps?

Any other good ideas?

In Warband you could get ambushed by thugs in the city even if you simply clicked on the trade screen. Would love to see something like this again. Or even the village bandit infestations.

Well, i would love to see this and thinked many times about them while playing. I would love to see something like this:
1. A pack of wolves caught you and your companions while out patrolling
2. You get kidnapped during a piss break and you have to stealthily get out of your kidnapper's camp(using maybe the sneaking machanic)
3. You leave the camp to take in a bit of fresh air and you see a deer stuck in a trap/under a tree branch and you:sad:either free her and she joins her pack that is waiting close or cut her for food, yeah i know kinda grim..)

or simply put the event that gave us a chance to be attacked by bandits when we enter a city / village

you know this thing that was in warband

one more thing that I do not understand that the developers have removed

In M&B:Warband, you had to be very careful when entering a town/village at night because there was a high chance you'd get jumped by lawless thugs. Always made night-time a little edgy.

Add party fatigue and implement parties usually encamping at night to rest, with the possibility of a forced march if they're fleeing/chasing an enemy. Make surprise night attacks at encampments a special battle type.

Add party fatigue and implement parties usually encamping at night to rest, with the possibility of a forced march if they're fleeing/chasing an enemy. Make surprise night attacks at encampments a special battle type.
yes excellent idea and troop fatigue should slow your army down on the map. Also as been mentioned before you can spend some time fortyfying the camp a little before "sleep" to but will take some time and resources dep on your mech skill

Cities could have a secret underground arena that only opens up at night.

People would be very tight-lipped about its existence as the first rule of the secret underground arena is you DO NOT talk about the secret underground arena.

It could serve as a place to fight and make bets -earning exp and denars, as well as maybe offer a few interesting and unique quests, maybe even a questline pertaining to the world economy.

Hmmm... now that I mention it, I may have heard of something like this before...

fightlcub-1573495486.jpg

Back
Top Bottom