Resolved how come the local and the server block direction not sync?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

It's a question long exists since WB.
I did a left block, but on my friend's screen, I was doing the right block.

I think the direction input should be sent directly from my local, which means it should be exactly the same as what I sent.
Why it's frequently different?

unknown.png

unknown.png

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
this is happening not only with the block,this problem has been relevant for six months, and it saddens me that it's still not fixed,this is not a big problem for developers,I understand that they are working on a single-player game,but do not forget about multiplayer,you position the game as an eSport,but at this stage it is still an alpha version for multiplayer.Multiplayer-your bread and water, a window into the future, no one has such a game mechanics you can make something more out of the game

Last edited:
This has happened to me alot recently. The attack just phases right threw the block and the person that im fighting says that Im blocking wrong when im not.

That also happened in WB.
There was another mystery in WB (not sure BL). Sometimes your character blocks two directions (very very quick) in a row but you have only hit one click.
I thought it's just an animation glitch. until someday I actually block two guys attack me from left + thrust at the same time.

@MArdA TaleWorlds

Additional information:

Every time it's not synced, I was doing something like:
quickly block left, hold the mouse button, then drag my mouse to facing right or...
quickly block right, hold the mouse button, then drag my mouse to facing left or... similar for up and down

Every time I asked my friend for my direction when I did not sync, I was always doing the opposite block. eg. Left block on my screen but the right block on his.
And always I was holding RMB + drag back before it's not sync

Last edited:
The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Can you try to reproduce this issue again in the latest version of the game? If so, can you capture a video of this issue happening?

The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Can you try to reproduce this issue again in the latest version of the game? If so, can you capture a video of this issue happening?
yes. i have tried every single patch when it released, its still there

@MArdA TaleWorlds recorded by my friend tonight. my ping is 64, NA West server

How to reproduce?:
just let a guy feint, attack, you block. whenever you get hit, hold your mouse button, ask your friend "now what is my block direction?"
usually, like many WB veterans, my block almost reaches 100%, that's how I found this bug ---- if I get hit, it should be unusual.
I tried 4 times "get hit" tonight, 1/4 is late block, 3/4 is async block bug.

Last edited:
I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom