how come the local and the server block direction not sync?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a question long exists since WB.
I did a left block, but on my friend's screen, I was doing the right block.

I think the direction input should be sent directly from my local, which means it should be exactly the same as what I sent.
Why it's frequently different?

unknown.png

unknown.png

This explains a lot...
The randomnes then you place a wrong block and it somehow deflects an attack XD
Happened a few times btw

Last edited:
Actually, if it's a feature behind the tech, I am ok with it...
I know it's not easy to make an online game fluent. It might be a smart trick.
If so I'd also like to learn how do players block steadily. Extra mouse moves a little bit something. (but our character has a restricted rotate delay which is not good for pulling our facing back)

I have another assumption:
It happened when I get hit.
Might be it was a late block before I got a hit. At the moment I got hit, the server and the local separately calculated my next movement. Then it shows differently (However, my local animation is wrong, which will misdirect my next decision, that part should be a bug)

Ya this is too common. I've been hit at disgusting angles that should've been covered because of this bug and a buddy of mine in the last game I played had his up block get passed through by a one-handed axe, no crushthrough, even I saw his block was up

I have noticed when I was blocking against multiple opponents in the duel server that sometimes when someone swung with an upper strike my right block would magically block the attack. And this would apply for even when I swung and somebody's side block would protect them from an upper attack. Its really strange and I always thought something was wrong but this screenshot just proves to me my hunch was right.

I have noticed when I was blocking against multiple opponents in the duel server that sometimes when someone swung with an upper strike my right block would magically block the attack. And this would apply for even when I swung and somebody's side block would protect them from an upper attack. Its really strange and I always thought something was wrong but this screenshot just proves to me my hunch was right.
We know that there is a chance for a side block to block an up attack because of "physics based" blocking where the weapons physically touched so it counts as a block. It's rare but it might explain your situation better than this thread's OP.

Back
Top Bottom