How can weapon and endurance skills be made more viable for the player?

Users who are viewing this thread

The issue is putting every form of progression and jamming it into the current skill/attributes/perks system.
They should've just separated combat progressions from your administrative or other personal skills; I don't even know why clan leader perk is there (we already have clan tiers? or the fact there's barely any perks applicable anyways). Governor perks could've acted more like a simple A/B perk path (maybe 5 levels or something) that you pick and develop the longer someone is a governor at X fief.

Or they should've treated the AI/companion skill path completely separate from the player as it still makes no sense why some skills only affect the clan leader, only the party leader, only the governor. Some perks will just never be of use even after managing to get a companion to get to that skill level.
I think it's obvious that you get a better governor for example with good bow skill (like 150 in BL), isn't it? Once I knew the reason for such clever skill/perk design, but I forgot it.

I think it's obvious that you get a better governor for example with good bow skill (like 150 in BL), isn't it? Once I knew the reason for such clever skill/perk design, but I forgot it.
Well to be fair, there are at most 3 perk options or so in each weapon and endurance skill trees (except smithing which has 0) which have governor effects. Granted, it's still not that logical to have governor effects in these skill trees, but at least they're not THAT numerous. We can somewhat rationalize this by saying that experienced warriors would have their own ideas in managing/securing a settlement/training militia and so on (though I would rather we had 0 governor perks in these skill trees as well).

Or the nonsense with the trade perk skills - and how nearly none of them affect your caravan parties (only when you yourself get the trade skills).

Back
Top Bottom