How can we support TW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings! Today in Hawkband, a question arose about where to buy a key for Bannerlord early access. We want to know where the most favorable conditions for selling the game are for you. Steam, egs or your website? Also we would like to know about special editions, soundtrack and other option, that have enabled can us to support you.

Many of us have grown up on the M&B series, and although much has changed in life, something has remained unchanged - this is the desire to go to Mount & Blade. Where you can refresh the memories of those glorious days, a carefree past and plunge into the medieval atmosphere. We love this series of games and greatly respect your company and its policies. We are grateful for the fact that you did not cut the game into many parts before the sale, did not remove the fractions in dlc and make the game the way it was conceived, and not the one that is limited by the time frame of the greedy publisher. It seems the game is not done for the sake of money, but for the sake of creating a dream game, your vision. Therefore, it is very important for us to support you.

Steam and Epic Games take a cut, Epic Games' is smaller though. If you buy directly from their website, noone will take a cut and you should be able to activate it on Steam regardless.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But activating the game on steam wont make them take a cut too? Im worried about this now thats being addresed

Greetings! Today in Hawkband, a question arose about where to buy a key for Bannerlord early access. We want to know where the most favorable conditions for selling the game are for you. Steam, egs or your website? Also we would like to know about special editions, soundtrack and other option, that have enabled can us to support you.

Many of us have grown up on the M&B series, and although much has changed in life, something has remained unchanged - this is the desire to go to Mount & Blade. Where you can refresh the memories of those glorious days, a carefree past and plunge into the medieval atmosphere. We love this series of games and greatly respect your company and its policies. We are grateful for the fact that you did not cut the game into many parts before the sale, did not remove the fractions in dlc and make the game the way it was conceived, and not the one that is limited by the time frame of the greedy publisher. It seems the game is not done for the sake of money, but for the sake of creating a dream game, your vision. Therefore, it is very important for us to support you.
+1
I’ve already got the money preallocated in my budget for March, and been pondering the same options you did. I too would like to show support for your approach to game design, Warband has been my favorite for long years, and I recon Bannerlord to be the same or even better for years to come.

The cut steam takes is also dependent on sales figures. If you sell a ton of games you pay less than the usual 30%.

Buying a key outside of steam that is still valid for steam doesn't sound likely. Steam would then effectively provide all their services and support for free.
What would you say about all 3rd party sellers that sell steam keys outside steam and don't have to pay steam a dime?
By using steamworks, devs can generate unlimited amount of keys for free, but there are conditions for how to sell them.

If you want support TW buy bannerlord on TaleWorlds website

I think at least with steam they can request x number of keys to distribute/sell, I don't know if there is a cut taken for this but if there is I would guess it is alot less than buying on the actual store.

i dont remember how much but epic its much more less than steam cut. Kinda 25 steam and 15 epic.

IIRR Steam takes 30% and those 25% if a certain amount of sales/profit happened.
I guess Bannerlord would have to sell on steam alone 250.000 times, don't think that will work out.

No clue about Epic as i don't give my money to a pile of ****.

Buy it at Taleworlds and activate it on Steam is what i will do.

I'm sure TW got some merchandise they might be able to sell on the website since my contact at Paradox somehow got hold of an old Bannerlord t-shirt for me. Although I doubt they will release a physical special edition of the game as it unfortunately hasn't been made for any earlier game in the series.

+1

I think that we need sountrack dlc + direct support dlc with its' special badges etc.

Back
Top Bottom