• 5: Ew

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 6: No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7: NO

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I decided to modify some images to give visual representation to how certain things could be. Obviously the prices/icons and everything are just spur of the moment with little thought to exact tuning/balancing/etc. This is only for visual representation of how it 'could' be.

Key features:
  1. Ranked modes for (Solo queue Skirmish mode) (Group queue for Battle mode) (Solo Queue for Duel mode)

2. Leveling up unlocks cosmetic upgrades to equipment such as ornate blades, hilts/wraps, pommels, quillons, etc.

3. Groups/Clans tab for managing clans

4. Ranking ladder readily available to show who is top ranked and what your current standing is/statistics

5. Personal coat of arms that displays on your shield and possibly other areas such as tabard

6. Customized preset classes where you can modify faction specific equipment/loadout. You will be modifying a unit under the combat triad archery/infantry/cavalry. These classes all share the exact same base stats under their specific triad sect, and equipment is the determining factor for movement/damage/etc.

7. Ability to modify character loadout while in-game

8. Brief summary for default classes for new players to understand differences

9. Clan/rank representation in-game

10. Bounty system for hunting the best performing/most well equipped players

11. Profile selector

12. Return of deathmatch, battle, and duel

673490f8dfcb196a9cc418af0b1cd133.jpg
adbcec31aa5e9c51af0f9a49b006dea4.jpg
f9b5c5eaa8a7316e7645682fdab6902f.jpg
f4bda350ed9a48a6802eedbb1e65b2c1.jpg
6979adfc5edc0efdb01552565159e409.jpg
ff4aca2f91c4bc87543fd6cf21c283c0.png
39185ead6b19967a0a6173dcb38db647.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree about the whole rank thingy for custom games. I'd prefer custom games to not show rank and take as less space as possible.

Something like this,
I made my UI this way because the obnoxious avatars were annoying to me.
5lMO-.png

I disagree about the whole rank thingy for custom games. I'd prefer custom games to not show rank and take as less space as possible.

Something like this,
I made my UI this way because the obnoxious avatars were annoying to me.
5lMO-.png
Yeah the avatars are blatantly obnoxious. The only reason I would prefer the ranks there because I personally find the badges to be equally obnoxious and if there was anything there I would prefer something optional there for bragging rights rather than some arbitrary oh look I played in beta/alpha/EA and had x wins during that time.

Edit: also it was more intended to be visible for ranked games, not custom. In custom games, coat of arms or something could be there.

Last edited:
Since launch I've thought ranked would be a great addition to the game not only allowing new players to be put into a environment where they can grow and not be deleted by veterans of the series that understand the combat more thoroughly. But to provide a more challenging environment for players that wish to be extremely competitive. Aside from that simply having ranked in the game pulls in a competitive player base that wants to push the limit of the combat and show just how amazingly strategic(As in the captain mode) or purely melee/ranged oriented a mode such as skirmish would be!

PS: I'd love to see a full fledged arena game mode just as how it is in singleplayer!

Bannerlord is rly lacking behind in the multiplayer department and i dont think they will ever come close to the other ones. It just takes too much effort to make it work and they got the option to just focus on the singleplayer. They can make that their USP.

If you look at for honor its banner creator is by far superior. Every medival slasher has an armory at this point where you can customize ur character. Some are better and some are worse. I think it would be better to focus on cosmetics there. Otherwise you need to trash the whole class system.

Still probably a good idea about the classes.

Last edited:
Agree with it except i don't think ranks have a place in this game purely because we don't have enough players and the ones that do stick with it will be in clans running thier own competition... probably why they dont seem to care or talk to the mp community.

Agree with it except i don't think ranks have a place in this game purely because we don't have enough players and the ones that do stick with it will be in clans running thier own competition... probably why they dont seem to care or talk to the mp community.
more like each clan will muster its own team to compete

I like a good ranked mode but I'm not sure if Bannerlord MP will be able to sustain the numbers for match-making queues to remain active. Games with smaller communities tend to drift towards custom servers and organizing their own competitive events. Sure the game has a lot of players right now but the vast majority seem to be playing single-player only.

Still, these are some good ideas if Taleworlds intend to continue with a focus on match-making.

I like a good ranked mode but I'm not sure if Bannerlord MP will be able to sustain the numbers for match-making queues to remain active. Games with smaller communities tend to drift towards custom servers and organizing their own competitive events. Sure the game has a lot of players right now but the vast majority seem to be playing single-player only.

Still, these are some good ideas if Taleworlds intend to continue with a focus on match-making.
Exactly and most regions will already know thier top players and clans from warband

Yeah that is definitely a problem. The idea surrounding it is what 'could-be' if taleworlds took interest in promoting and tending its multiplayer community instead of abandonment. I still believe TW could and should be the leaders of the genere as they essentially are the founding fathers of it. It would certainly depend heavily on their commitment to growing their MP not as a side-gig but as a main focus just as important if not more so than their singleplayer.

All this to say, is that for MB to become a mainstream e-sport rather than just an internal community competitive environment, it would require investment from the developers; which for taleworlds... just isn't going to happen. I believe it should be attempted personally though. Putting forward what competitive 10v10 battle would look like in a professional e-sport setting could draw in a lot of attention. This is due to the unique nature of WB where group tactics and strategy are immediately recognizable by casual audiences while also, deep enough for structured analysis; this goes for individual skill as well.

I've always held belief that it could become a mainstream e-sport if someone was brave enough to invest in it. But it won't happen without the accompanying systems to support it. An e-sport needs to be easy enough that newer players can get into and understand it, but deep enough that the skill ceiling cap is unobtainable. You need a robust match making system to keep people feeling good about their own skill where they can have their moments of glory against those in their same brackets, but also easily recognizable for them to know where their standing is.

Last edited:
Most of what you mentioned is planned anyways, just way down the EA line :razz:
Soon™ :xf-wink: I fear by then, the initial hype train by casuals who could have become invested in the MP, may be gone by then and what will be left is the same small community from warband due to the delaying of critical MP features/support which leads to problems with my above comment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom