How are you guys making money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok so since the latest beta patch the AI is definitely less aggressive and there is less wars but..... I need to pay for my army lol. As a vassal wanting to conquer territories before I go out on my own I'm losing about 900 denars every day. It's ok if the faction I'm loyal to is at war as I can fight armies for the loot but peace times now last much longer so I've got a large army with nothing to do.

For workshops I would need at least 4 to keep me ticking alot but I'm worried I'll lose them if my faction declares war on that faction. How are you guys finding the new patch and how are you making money?

15k for a caravan amd after 2 game weeks you can pay wages of your army(almost +1k income everyday)
I reached 500k with trading within 400days ingame

"Wait in city" -- make 7-10k a day :smile:

Can confirm that if you build a workshop in a city, and then whatever kingdom you are a part of declares war, they SHUT DOWN THAT WORKSHOP. Build your workshops either in your own kingdom (under a different lord or your own, although I prefer my own because I will go to war with my previous kingdom after I leave them). As for making money outside of war-time. I haven't checked the numbers on this, but to me it seems like a unit is 'worth less' if it's in a garrison than if it is actively traveling with you. If you have any fiefs, dump a lot of troops in there and run around with a smaller army. -- I haven't confirmed if this is the truth, please do check and report back.

As for actually increasing your income, I was sitting on about 500k and losing denars by the thousands per day. I got all my companions together and set every last one of them off with a caravan, supposedly making them a party and having them run around makes you more money, but I noticed that it's usually very high maintenance, they'll get captured by something, then they'll not be able to build up an army without you holding their hand.

All these caravans together got me into positive on some days, although it was jumping between -1000 to +500. Not enough. (At this point I already had the max amount of workshops too). So I started looking at my money tab, seeing what costs I can cut. I noticed I had quite a few mercenary groups under my rule (Own Kingdom), fired them and had +4000/day average. Now, I assume this will not be the case for you (seen as you're part of a kingdom), the way I did this while I still fought for the Khuzait was I'd run around capturing every lord with a 100% cav/horse archer group, (allowing me to take them on even if they outnumbered me 5 to 1), then selling their loot and ransoming the lords, obviously that is during wartime, however there is NOTHING stopping you from declaring war, just run up to a lord "I have demands, suck my ****" and **** them up.

If you don't wanna do that, just running around killing bandits works fine too.

Don't know about 1.0.10, but in 1.1.0, the trading perks work now, so you can see if an item is above or below average price, and if you're selling for a profit or not. I started a new character and have been doing basically nothing but trading, and I'm rolling in denars after about a hundred days.

15k for a caravan amd after 2 game weeks you can pay wages of your army(almost +1k income everyday)
I reached 500k with trading within 400days ingame

In my experience caravan are unreliable, some days they'll make +1200, some days they'll make you a loss. The biggest part of my income comes from owning fully upgraded fiefs and their prosperitiy reaching very high numbers, thus making me a lot of tax.

however there is NOTHING stopping you from declaring war, just run up to a lord "I have demands, suck my ****" and **** them up.

If you don't wanna do that, just running around killing bandits works fine too.
Sorry mate but is that a new fix ? to me you could only get a war going by raiding a village or attacking villagers/caravan ?

I disagree. The lowest income of my caravan was about +300 and lets say we pay 300 denar as wages of soldiers so at least you are not in deficit. In peace times and caravans created in prosper cities creates +1000-2000 denar per day and its totally worth what you paid. As i told you alternative way is trading by yourself. You can buy wood and fish from north like 10-15 denar each and sell them in south for 30-40 denars. There are so many alternatives for making money, actually im expecting that devs will nerf caravans and trading dozents of goods at once

Early-game, quests.
Mid-game, trading and possibly workshops.
Late-game, selling prisoners and especially selling loot.

Also, you can always earn good money through refining metals, and later on by smithing high-quality weapons, if you have the relevant skill and perks.

Tourneys.
Travelling from town to town for the tourneys, collecting all looters i can get, have an eye for tradables
At 15k a pottery shop in Pen Cannoc.
Then tourneys, a caravan, a couple of shops and/or caravan was how i did it last session.
Atm i just payed the potter workshop which gives now 250 each day and continue my tourney round.
That was most of my content in Bannerlord so far, got me quite used to the new fighting feeling.

Ransom prisoners
Sell loot
Tax fiefs
Caravans in bulk
A few workshops
Plundering gold from battles

it’s a rare one no one actually really does, disband your party in times of peace or out them in a garrison

early on I do quests and tournaments and slay looters, once I have enough for a workshop I get one to support my own army and then I will typically just go pick fights with people or raid villages to build renown. I believe trading would bring in more, but my characters are usually combat oriented and I find focusing on combat with some background income more fun.

Buy trade goods under a certain price, sell them above a certain price. It's a grind, but the only one I know that works. I play with the workshop limit set to 100 so I don't have to keep up that grind forever.

early game- going from north to south and back again while playing tablut and bagchal, taking as much goods as i can carry and selling them once i reach my destination.
mid game - workshops, caravans
late game - workshops, caravans, battles, ransoms, selling loot

I made my own humongous caravan and manually trade over the whole map.
I have learned all prices on all trade gods expect all weapons and armour and know what is good price to trade.

It is a bit too easy to make money imo, it should be harder and more of a challenge.
We need more expenses, army wages and low food consumption is not enough.

I like the idea that you have to supply horses to troops. I think we should have to supply weapons and armor as well. A full set of armor and weapons for 100 or what ever the soldier upgrade cost is too low.
OK for lowtier troops but for high tier it should be more expensive.

And before anyone complain, they should add economy difficulty. Current state should be "very easy" and what I suggest above should be easy.
And on realistic you have to pay normal weapon and armor price for every soldier. (or supply the needed items from inventory.)

Last edited:
In my game that is stuck in a fief designation crash cycle now I was easily making 10k per day, and extra through my own sales, AFTER maintenance for several 100+ garrisons (of cheap units admittedly) but a personal army of 200ish top elite troops (and a few odds and ends in training to replace the few losses sustained).

I had no workshops as I forgot to buy any.
I had 3 trade caravans. The trick is assaulting lucrative places and focusing on building them up.

First city I took was revyl because its super easy to defend that peninsular (only one way in or out) few k for peace with the sturgians. Got food/trade sorted out the went after the expensive nice cities from the war torn empire factions, Epicotrea, Diathma, argoros (argoron?... the city east of Diathma). I think I personally owned rhesus castle and the one behind Revyl too.

Anyway. Land ownership. That's how you make pots of money. Their income and any war/loot income resulted in over 1.5million at one point.

hey bro if you dont mind using mods ... well its not a game breaking cheat but it pnly automatically buy you all the lowest price on the city and then if you go to another city it will sell the highest pirce good the you have on your inventory its really cool to have you dont have to memorize the pricing for every goods save you a lot of times and you can stroll in the map while peace time.. its called autotrader BTW search it on nexus totally recommend it

You can get insane amounts of money by trading in no time at all. You need a truck load of mules and horses. The amount items you can flip is directly proportional to you inventory space. Cheap mules and horses (from villages) can also generate profits since they can sell for 400% of their original price. Having tens of tonnes of inventory space also lets you diverisfy on items.

Trading with villages is also the better alternative to towns. Selling big stacks to town lowers the price per item. Villages buy the stacks for fixed price per item. You'll be visiting different villages a lot anyway, so why not sell the items they need and buy all their produce? Rince and repeat.

At my last game I played as trader with own empire(no vazal).

1) Start game - do quests for merchant´s in cities, for earning money. Buy cheap products(green price) and sell them in other cities for expensive price(red price), where i did new quests for other merchants. ...Waiting for first 15k for buy the first caravan.

2) Middle part of my game - buy to many caravans how many I can. Pay for enter to the keeps in cities and do quest for lords - "Trouble company". if you were found four-five persons in keep and 3 of them have this same quest, there was chance to earn about 2-4k for each quest. Buy workshops.

3) Conquer some cities, castles, start some wars and sell loot after big battles (but still caravan do the biggest amount of money)
Wholesaler - in each city, buy all products what have green price colour(cheap) and sell products only with red price colour (biggest price).

Last edited:
hey bro if you dont mind using mods ... well its not a game breaking cheat but it pnly automatically buy you all the lowest price on the city and then if you go to another city it will sell the highest pirce good the you have on your inventory its really cool to have you dont have to memorize the pricing for every goods save you a lot of times and you can stroll in the map while peace time.. its called autotrader BTW search it on nexus totally recommend it

With some first trading perk, products will have green(cheap), red(expensive), or standard(middle price) colour of price.

Cheers guys I never knew caravans made so much money. I have conquered on settlement as a vassal and I'm finally making money. I forgot how much influence I had so I used it to make an army and conquer a settlement and since I have the mod rightful ownership then whatever I conquer I keep

Back
Top Bottom